News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Newsroom  ( 5,275 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Newsroom
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
As far as I can tell, this show only exists to give my Liberal brethren something to copy and paste into their Facebook feeds when they run out of Rachel Maddow soundbites.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 03:55:24 PM »
I saw some Twathead tweet that this is one of the two best shows on television. I didn't even know how to start mocking him. I don't get why anyone wants to watch Aaron Sorkin Explains The News.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 29, 2013, 03:55:24 PM
I saw some Twathead tweet that this is one of the two best shows on television. I didn't even know how to start mocking him. I don't get why anyone wants to watch Aaron Sorkin Explains The NewsShows You How Real Journalists Should Ask Questions About Stories Two Years After The Fact.

Better'd.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2013, 03:22:40 PM
As far as I can tell, this show only exists to give my Liberal brethren something to copy and paste into their Facebook feeds when they run out of Rachel Maddow soundbites.

Maybe they should rename the show "TIME TO POST".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 29, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

Only if they let me write it.

Which would improve it be many degrees of magnitude.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2013, 08:44:47 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 29, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

Only if they let me write it.

Which would improve it be many degrees of magnitude.

Then it would just be Jeff Daniels hijacking a news show to read "Reasons Why I Love You" and "The Diarrhea Monologues" live on the air.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
I don't know why anyone watches this show unless it's a hate watch which I'm fully behind.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 30, 2013, 09:12:04 AM
I don't know why anyone watches this show unless it's a hate watch which I'm fully behind.

So brave.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »
I've continued hatewatching it, and last night.... I admit it, I didn't hate it. (most of it, that is)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 26, 2013, 01:46:53 PM
I've continued hatewatching it, and last night.... I admit it, I didn't hate it. (most of it, that is)

I hate it so much I haven't missed a single minute of any episode. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »
I like it. Sorkin's JOing from TV Land on to the inside of the TV screen. I'm JOing in my living room on to the outside of the TV screen. Just one big liberal TV screen bukkake showdown.

But seriously, I do like it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 08:24:03 AM »
My main complaint from the last episode is that they were all like "Yea, we couldn't get it right on Benghazi because we were too distracted in cleaning up our fuckup."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
I hated the show so much after about 45 minutes that I've refused to even consider watching it again. But it does occur to me that one could get more actual news in one hour (albeit a couple years later) from this show than in 24 hours of any of the major news channels. It might inspire people to think differently about the issues. Is that happening? Or is this the entirely pompous jerkoff that I suspected it was?

What I'm saying is, I may go back and give this another chance if there's value in the subject matter.

What sayeth? 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
In the most recent episode I was dumbfounded by the revelation that the TV News show paid millions to the reporter who sued for wrongful termination after he admitted that he doctored an interview tape to support the thesis of the story that he produced.  The theory for settling with him, as best I could understand it, was that yes, he manufactured evidence, but there were so many people through whom he had to vet the lie, that one of them should have caught the deception, and therefore they had themselves to blame.  I am still scratching my head over that.  He didn't deserve to be fired because they didn't catch him soon enough to stop the publication of his deception?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)