News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: House of Cards  ( 5,205 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
House of Cards
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
It's the anti-West Wing.  Kevin Spacey plays his role perfectly, breaking the fourth wall to flesh out the details of the story.

David Fincher directed the first two episodes.  Robin Wright looks great and Kate Mara disrobes often.

It's only on Netflix.  Watch all 13.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: House of Cards
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 18, 2013, 10:15:39 AM
It's the anti-West Wing.  Kevin Spacey plays his role perfectly, breaking the fourth wall to flesh out the details of the story.

David Fincher directed the first two episodes.  Robin Wright looks great and Kate Mara disrobes often.

It's only on Netflix.  Watch all 13.

Kate Mara is super annoying in American Horror Story season one.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 18, 2013, 10:15:39 AM
Kate Mara disrobes often.
Mr. Chuck was not impressed.

Because when she took her robe off, there was still more clothing.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
I'm the anti-Gil. I find Kevin Spacey's acting here extremely annoying. I don't think anyone who talks like that could ever get anything over on anyone, ever. He seems outwardly evil and self-serving in every sentence he utters. Politicians sugar-coat everything but this guy walks around smirking and scoffing like a Bond villain. Otherwise, a watchable show.  

Also, characters are more interesting to follow when they have some depth, or complexity or internal conflict. This guy has one gear: EVIL! It's like he's reprising his role as the mass-murdering nutjob in Se7en in the portrayal of the U.S. House Majority Whip.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 18, 2013, 04:34:17 PM
I'm the anti-Gil. I find Kevin Spacey's acting here extremely annoying. I don't think anyone who talks like that could ever get anything over on anyone, ever. He seems outwardly evil and self-serving in every sentence he utters. Politicians sugar-coat everything but this guy walks around smirking and scoffing like a Bond villain. Otherwise, a watchable show.  

Also, characters are more interesting to follow when they have some depth, or complexity or internal conflict. This guy has one gear: EVIL! It's like he's reprising his role as the mass-murdering nutjob in Se7en in the portrayal of the U.S. House Majority Whip.

I think it's more his jaundiced view of power and how that has morphed into evil.  However, I did find his initial explanation for his revenge plot to be a bit superficial.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 18, 2013, 05:36:38 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 18, 2013, 04:34:17 PM

I think it's more his jaundiced view of power and how that has morphed into evil.  However, I did find his initial explanation for his revenge plot to be a bit superficial.

There are those who say that Shakespeare's explanation, or lack thereof, for Iago's evil is superficial.  Spacey's character is, indeed, pure evil.    Evil for the sake of being evil.  There is something very engrossing about that.  If you saw him in "Horrible Bosses" he plays the same role.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
I enjoy Kate Mara's acting and looking at Kate Mara.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 19, 2013, 08:47:24 PM

Kate Mara was easily the worst thing about this show.  Also, I don't find her particularly attractive.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 02:50:02 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 21, 2013, 01:30:58 AM

Kate Mara was easily the worst thing about this show.  Also, I don't find her particularly attractive.

I thought she looked pretty good in lingerie during that creepy fashion-show-in-the-bedroom scene. And I admit I'm a sucker for those piercing eyes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
Just a heads up, but Netflix is releasing Season 2 tomorrow if that's your sort of thing. I enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to the second.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »
Not to spoil too much but for all of you Kate Mara haters, you may want to give the new season a shot.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 14, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
Not to spoil too much but for all of you Kate Mara haters, you may want to give the new season a shot.

Damn it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »

I'm just seeing this horrible opinion now. UGH.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »

Spoil it for me since I'll never watch it. Does she get brutally murdered?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 16, 2014, 08:31:26 AM

Spoil it for me since I'll never watch it. Does she get brutally murdered?

I assume you get to see a body double's tits or ass.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck