News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: House of Cards  ( 5,205 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: House of Cards
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 08:46:47 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 16, 2014, 08:31:26 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 14, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
Not to spoil too much but for all of you Kate Mara haters, you may want to give the new season a shot.

Spoil it for me since I'll never watch it. Does she get brutally murdered?

Zoe gets thrown in front of a subway in the first episode. Liam McPoyle makes an appearance. People get naked and then everyone turns out to be gay. Francis becomes the first gay president.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 16, 2014, 08:42:21 AM
Not to spoil too much but for all of you Kate Mara haters, you may want to give the new season a shot.

I assume you get to see a body double's tits or ass.

You do get to see her ass. Pretty sure her face was shown simultaneously, so not a body double. Here's a screenshot so you can see what Kate Mara looks like naked.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 16, 2014, 08:52:54 AM
Quote from: Bort on February 16, 2014, 08:42:21 AM

I assume you get to see a body double's tits or ass.

You do get to see her ass. Pretty sure her face was shown simultaneously, so not a body double. Here's a screenshot so you can see what Kate Mara looks like naked.

She is really hairy.  I like the natural look.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 16, 2014, 08:30:56 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 19, 2013, 08:47:24 PM
I enjoy Kate Mara's acting and looking at Kate Mara.

I'm just seeing this horrible opinion now. UGH.

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 11:18:27 PM »
Watched the last two episodes of season one followed by the premier of season 2. That may have been the best season premier I have ever seen
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 16, 2014, 11:18:27 PM
Watched the last two episodes of season one followed by the premier of season 2. That may have been the best season premier I have ever seen

We got through episode 5 of season 2 last night and Mrs. Cubbieblue was ready for more, but today is a workday.  Episodes 4 and 5 have taken an unexpected turn and actually make the most noxious couple on TV sympathetic.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
A lot of people seem to hate the crap out of this show

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 18, 2014, 03:28:21 PM
Liking or hating something is subjective.  A lot of people hate Shakespeare.  That does not diminish his genius.  I am not comparing this show to Shakespeare.  I would like to know why they hate the show.  I think that the introduction to the show is a wonderful montage of Washington D.C.  My wife wants to fast forward through the montage.  But I insist on watching it each time.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »

A lot of people seem to love Duck Dynasty. And Applebee's. And Coors Light. And Katy Perry CD's. And Ouzo. And Starbucks. And a lot of other shit that I think no human should have any right to enjoy. BUT FUCK IT WE AMERICA PEOPLE.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 18, 2014, 06:46:20 PM

A lot of people seem to love Duck Dynasty. And Applebee's. And Coors Light. And Katy Perry CD's. And Ouzo. And Starbucks. And a lot of other shit that I think no human should have any right to enjoy. BUT FUCK IT WE AMERICA PEOPLE.

Starbucks isn't that bad.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:32 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 18, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

Starbucks isn't that bad.

I should clarify that one. Their espresso drinks aren't awful. But all I ever really drink is brewed coffee and the stuff they pour is complete garbage.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 09:53:04 AM »

the people who don't like house of cards also hate the things you mentioned except maybe starbucks because hey

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 19, 2014, 09:53:04 AM

the people who don't like house of cards also hate the things you mentioned except maybe starbucks because hey

Episode 11 of season 2 is a major shark jumper.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »
On The Daily Show Kevin Spacey told Jon Stewart that they had signed a contract with Netflix for 26 episodes, or two seasons.  There will apparently be a season three.  I heard on NPR this morning that the producers were negotiating for continued tax breaks from the State of Maryland.  The alternative is that they would go elsewhere to produce season three.  This is good news.  I don't want to deliver a spoiler, so I will say that I know one person who was unhappy with the way season 2 ended.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »
It's going to be fun to see Frank's fall. It's all going to come down like a, I don't know, something that seems impressive but isn't actually stable. I wish I had a metaphor for this. Jenga?