News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,930 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2010, 11:16:06 PM »
More from Mile High Report:
Tim Tebow will get to wear his beloved Orange and Blue for years to come, just our different shades.  Tebow has all the physical tools necessary to succeed at the next level and any coach worth his salt can teach someone with his dedication, willpower and athleticism the skills to go along with those natural gifts.  I know it's become trite, but Tim really is the epitome of character and leadership.  To put it another way: he is the embodiment of McD's ideals.  He's tough, smart, physical, versatile, team-first, leads vocally, etc.  We may not need another quarterback, but you always want guys like this on your football team.  If the goal is to put the best 53-man TEAM together, how could Tebow not be one of those men?

We may not NEED a quarterback, but lets waste a first round pick and trade away three other picks to get one so he can lead the team in prayer at half time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 22, 2010, 10:48:36 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 22, 2010, 10:42:36 PM
Oh the Broncotalk.net comments-

QuoteWho knows what this means? How can you possibly classify this pick? Yes Mel Kiper doesn't like him. Yes his throwing motion is too long. There's more that makes a successful qb then just raw mechanics or form. If it were that easy then 1st round qbs wouldn't have the bust rate they do. And all those things you can't put on paper? Tebow has all of them in spades. Work ethic, leadership, maturity and responsibility. He's arguably the most successful college football player of all time. Anyone who is willing to check out on the broncos because of this doesn't realize that being a fan sometimes requires you to check your doubts at the door and just have faith.

Quotequestionable impact on the field but great locker room guy immediately. I like it.

the dissenting view-

QuoteI am getting rid of my season tickets because of tebows religious views, guy sucks and is a watse of a first round pick

So the ones that like Tebow like him for his INTANGIBLES, and the ones that don't hate him for being religious. Smart football fans in Denver. And I was surprised last year when they thought Orton was better than Cutler.

I was laughing every time ESPN showed video of him throwing.  Then again, we all know Denver needed a fullback.

Well, they did just get rid of Peyton Hillis, y'all!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »
I can't believe Claussen didn't get drafted!  That is just crazy to me.  He's good.  I'm being serious.  Sure, he's probably a d-bag, but he was raised to be a QB-in' d-bag and he QBs.  Somebody's gonna get one heckuva undrafted FA.  I bet it's the Saints because they love Catholics, too.  I'm just kind of relieved the draft is over and we can concentrate on cubs baseball again.  BUT, mark my words, people will regret not drafting Casey Clausen's little d-bag bro.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
Quote from: JD on April 22, 2010, 11:36:25 PM
I can't believe Claussen didn't get drafted!  That is just crazy to me.  He's good.  I'm being serious.  Sure, he's probably a d-bag, but he was raised to be a QB-in' d-bag and he QBs.  Somebody's gonna get one heckuva undrafted FA.  I bet it's the Saints because they love Catholics, too.  I'm just kind of relieved the draft is over and we can concentrate on cubs baseball again.  BUT, mark my words, people will regret not drafting Casey Clausen's little d-bag bro.

Every other human being is a disappointment next to you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
Holy shit are the Broncos stupid.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2010, 06:44:53 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 23, 2010, 05:48:18 AM
Holy shit are the Broncos stupid.

Sssh! They're distracting everyone from how dumb the Cubs are.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2010, 08:08:51 AM »
Is there anything in sports more overvalued than 1st round NFL picks?

Boldin goes for a 3rd and 4th and Tim fucking Tebow gets a 2nd, 3rd, an 4th.  What.  The.  Fuck.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2010, 08:36:47 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on April 23, 2010, 08:08:51 AM
Is there anything in sports more overvalued than 1st round NFL picks?

Boldin goes for a 3rd and 4th and Tim fucking Tebow gets a 2nd, 3rd, an 4th.  What.  The.  Fuck.

Thi. I heard that the Steelers couldn't get anyone to pony up more than a late first round pick for a possible Rapelisberger trade. I hate the guy, but he's a two-time Superbowl winner with great numbers and HE isn't worth more than the 26th overall pick?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
I'm still laughing my ass off over Tebow getting drafted that early.  I thought the Bronco's would waste their pick on the undersized, tiny handed Claussen.  Josh McDaniels, sir, I salute you.  You bring the draftlolz.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »
Quote from: Poon on April 23, 2010, 11:41:46 AM
I thought the Bronco's would waste their pick on the undersized, tiny handed Claussen.

While he's not as big as guys like Jamarcus Russell, at least he's not as small as guys like Drew Brees.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »
I'm still laughing my ass off over Tebow getting drafted that early.  I thought the Bronco's would waste their pick on the undersized, tiny handed Claussen.  Josh McDaniels, sir, I salute you.  You bring the draftlolz.

What's Orton's contract look like? Does he get a roster bonus? With Brady Quinn still making first round money (He is, right?) and Tebow ready to make everyone forget Rex Grossman, can the Broncos afford to keep Orton?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 23, 2010, 11:59:41 AM

What's Orton's contract look like? Does he get a roster bonus? With Brady Quinn still making first round money (He is, right?) and Tebow ready to make everyone forget Rex Grossman, can the Broncos afford to keep Orton?

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=640315

QuoteWith the selection of QB Tim Tebow in the first round of the NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos do not appear inclined to sign QB Kyle Orton to a long-term extension, writes Mike Klis, of The Denver Post. Orton will likely be give the first chance to start in 2010, but he will be playing out a one-year contract for the second year in a row.

Orton will probably be gone after this season.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 22, 2010, 11:16:06 PM
Tim Tebow will get to wear his beloved Orange and Blue for years to come, just our different shades.  Tebow has all the physical tools necessary to succeed at the next level and any coach worth his salt can teach someone with his dedication, willpower and athleticism the skills to go along with those natural gifts.  I know it's become trite, but Tim really is the epitome of character and leadership.  To put it another way: he is the embodiment of McD's ideals.  He's tough, smart, physical, versatile, team-first, leads vocally, etc.  We may not need another quarterback, but you always want guys like this on your football team.  If the goal is to put the best 53-man TEAM together, how could Tebow not be one of those men?

We may not NEED a quarterback, but lets waste a first round pick and trade away three other picks to get one so he can lead the team in prayer at half time.

Against my better judgement, I clicked on Pete King during a slow afternoon.  I was rewarded with this nugget:

But Josh McDaniels told me early this morning that the Tim Tebow pick came down to Tebow meeting every one of the parameters he sets out for a quarterback: competitiveness, work ethic, leadership, traits of a winner, intelligence, toughness, productivity.

Honorable Mention: Arm strength, accuracy, footwork, release.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on April 23, 2010, 03:12:48 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 22, 2010, 11:16:06 PM

Against my better judgement, I clicked on Pete King during a slow afternoon.  I was rewarded with this nugget:

But Josh McDaniels told me early this morning that the Tim Tebow pick came down to Tebow meeting every one of the parameters he sets out for a quarterback: competitiveness, work ethic, leadership, traits of a winner, intelligence, toughness, productivity.

Honorable Mention: Arm strength, accuracy, footwork, release.

The only smart thing Clausen did last night was hang up on Peter King:

"I reached out to Clausen when the first round ended, and when I identified myself, I got a dispirited "I can't talk now,'' and a hangup. Don't blame him"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/index.html#ixzz0lxH8Sl1a
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2010, 04:49:19 PM »
I was trying to explain to my wife that Tebow is retarded.  She kept wondering why everyone on TV said he's so good but nobody was picking him.

When he did his post-pick interview and did that thing wherehetalksin reallyruntogether shortfragmentsofsentences andgrinslikea 9yearoldonasugarhigh, I didn't have to make my case.  She's now convinced he's mentally challenged, so she's pulling for him, now.

Hey, she just figured out that Joakim Noah isn't a girl, I had to find something else for her to be hilariously fooled by.

That is assuming Tim's not really retarded.