News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,069 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2010, 08:18:21 AM
Being on this one blog and in an internet chatroom with a bunch of other weirdo dudes is one thing, but why do you guys concern yourselves with other, more shitty blogs/bloggers so much?

BECAUSE GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »
Sully was on the Score with Mulligan and Hanley and said that Piniella was giddy over telling everyone about the move. The guess is Lou's showing up Hendry, or the rest of the bullpen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Gorzelanny is being actively dealt for a right-handed relief pitcher worth a shit. After last night, it's apparent Silva has earned a spot in the rotation for now, and if the bullpen doesn't need anything right now it's a mediocre left-hander.

Again, I refuse to believe Zambrano will miss more than one start.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »
Being on this one blog and in an internet chatroom with a bunch of other weirdo dudes is one thing, but why do you guys concern yourselves with other, more shitty blogs/bloggers so much?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If we didn't spend all that time mocking other shitty websites we'd probably spend it ridiculing you for being a simpleton.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
I think this is Lou's version of Dusty playing Lenny Harris at third base until Hendry would finally trade for a real one.

I didn't agree with that, and I don't agree with this.  Holy fuck this is just all kinds of dumb.  How can this franchise not have a single righthanded reliever other than Marmol who can get anybody out?  

And Zambrano's going to be back in the rotation in a week, not because the Cubs wisen up, but because Silva's had to leave all three starts with shoulder pain, including last night.  So...great?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 22, 2010, 07:59:03 AM
Now, I don't read Goat Riders b/c it's a horrible website that sucks at websiting.  I never have and never will.  I also didn't read much of this thread b/c I hate you all, so this article might be LRZB.  In either case, is this Kurt (scroll down a bit to the links)the same loser douchefag that posts dumb posts here?

Please tell me it's not.  Mainly b/c of the previously stated loser douchefag thing, but also b/c the Q&A thing isn't funny at all.  

Edit:  He links to NSBB too.  Didn't see that.  I wish I could post there.

Since no one directly answered your question, the answer is yes.  Yes it is.  Note the "goatriders.org" on his photoshops.  To wit:

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
Quote from: Andy on April 22, 2010, 08:48:47 AM
I think this is Lou's version of Dusty playing Lenny Harris at third base until Hendry would finally trade for a real one.

I didn't agree with that, and I don't agree with this.  Holy fuck this is just all kinds of dumb.  How can this franchise not have a single righthanded reliever other than Marmol who can get anybody out?  

And Zambrano's going to be back in the rotation in a week, not because the Cubs wisen up, but because Silva's had to leave all three starts with shoulder pain, including last night.  So...great?

Dusty didn't play Lenny Harris to force Hendry to find a real third baseman.

Dusty played Lenny Harris for the same reason he ran Neifi out there every goddamn day. He's a fucking idiot.

However, I do think there is something to the line of thinking that one of the reasons Lou is doing this is send a healthy "fuck you" to Hendry for putting together such a horseshit bullpen to begin with. THAT is where the bulk of the anger should be directed.

If Hendry had half a fucking clue what he was doing this move wouldn't be necessary.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 22, 2010, 08:30:42 AM

Because it's the Internet and it's fun to talk about stuff sometimes.

This and work is boring. No need to really read much more into it than that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 22, 2010, 08:45:11 AM
Sully was on the Score with Mulligan and Hanley and said that Piniella was giddy over telling everyone about the move. The guess is Lou's showing up Hendry, or the rest of the bullpen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Gorzelanny is being actively dealt for a right-handed relief pitcher worth a shit. After last night, it's apparent Silva has earned a spot in the rotation for now, and if the bullpen doesn't need anything right now it's a mediocre left-hander.

This type of thinking is good for fans because it allows us to rationalize what is otherwise a stupid move.  But theories like Lou wanting to show up Hendry or send a message are usually just wishful thinking on our part.  Lou's doing this because he thinks it will make the team better.  I don't think there's anything more to it, unfortunately.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 22, 2010, 09:05:57 AM
Quote from: Brownie on April 22, 2010, 08:45:11 AM

This type of thinking is good for fans because it allows us to rationalize what is otherwise a stupid move.  But theories like Lou wanting to show up Hendry or send a message are usually just wishful thinking on our part.  Lou's doing this because he thinks it will make the team better.  I don't think there's anything more to it, unfortunately.

Eli has never been more in accord with my thinking.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 08:13:01 AM
Is Andy Behrens this guy?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "no"...

Quote from: Andy BehrensTo me, this decision proves only that the Chicago Cubs are institutionally broken. It's a baffling, panicky reaction to 15 games worth of data.

Quote from: Andy BI think it was the one and only move that they could make, and for once they didnt screw it up.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 22, 2010, 08:51:13 AM
Now, I don't read Goat Riders b/c it's a horrible website that sucks at websiting.  I never have and never will.  I also didn't read much of this thread b/c I hate you all, so this article might be LRZB.  In either case, is this Kurt (scroll down a bit to the links)the same loser douchefag that posts dumb posts here?

Please tell me it's not.  Mainly b/c of the previously stated loser douchefag thing, but also b/c the Q&A thing isn't funny at all.  

Since no one directly answered your question, the answer is yes.  Yes it is.  Note the "goatriders.org" on his photoshops.  To wit:

I really don't fucking get this horseshit Kurt Evans photoshop at all.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Andy on April 22, 2010, 10:40:54 AM
Quote from: morpheus on April 22, 2010, 08:51:13 AM

I really don't fucking get this horseshit Kurt Evans photoshop at all.

That made me laugh like this.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 22, 2010, 10:07:21 AM

Quote from: Andy BehrensTo me, this decision proves only that the Chicago Cubs are institutionally broken. It's a baffling, panicky reaction to 15 games worth of data.

Quote from: Andy BI think it was the one and only move that they could make, and for once they didnt screw it up.

Good.  So mock poster?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2010, 10:57:37 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 10:47:58 AM

Good.  So mock poster?

BUT THEY HAVE THE SAME FIRST NAME AND THE SAME FIRST INITIAL OF THEIR LAST NAME. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 22, 2010, 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 10:47:58 AM

Good.  So mock poster?

BUT THEY HAVE THE SAME FIRST NAME AND THE SAME FIRST INITIAL OF THEIR LAST NAME. 

Wait. Does this mean Huey is in the Beastie Boys?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck