News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,170 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2010, 10:09:22 PM »
Upon further review, it appears that he was just yelling in general because he was so pissed and Lee just happened to be the one who piped up to tell him to relax and Z wasn't having it. I don't think he was blaming Lee for that inning. I'm going to try to not hate him for this. I feel like a scorned lover. I've defending him so much over the years, hell, there is a thread where I try to take down some local faggot for his Z hatred. He goes out and kicks ass in his next start and then he pulls this shit. Why must you hate me so, Carlos? Why?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
I feel like repeating what Borb said, Z may have been acting like an immature fucktard, but damnit, he looks like he's the only one who cares out there right now.  Aramis certainly looks like he's checked out for the season.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 27, 2010, 10:28:54 PM
I feel like repeating what Borb said, Z may have been acting like an immature fucktard, but damnit, he looks like he's the only one who cares out there right now.  Aramis certainly looks like he's checked out for the season.

That sounds nice but it doesn't really take into account the situation.  I'd be fine with Z blowing up over guys not going all out in the field if that was what actually happened.  But to go out and give up fucking rockets out there and then seemingly blame your fielders for not being able to get to them, well that just looks like shit.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2010, 10:33:16 PM

That sounds nice but it doesn't really take into account the situation.  I'd be fine with Z blowing up over guys not going all out in the field if that was what actually happened.  But to go out and give up fucking rockets out there and then seemingly blame your fielders for not being able to get to them, well that just looks like shit.

Watching the cubs try to dump a guy making as much as Z with a no trade clause is going to be a major clusterfuck.
And since Silva actually worked out for a half season, I'm just waiting for all the articles about how the cubs can turn this into a positive like when they got rid of bradley and get back into the race. Yay.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2010, 10:33:16 PM

No, that's certainly right, and I agree with you; there was no way Lee was going to get that shot down the line, nor did he throw the gopher ball to Quentin with 2 strikes.  However, most of the team looked like gutless slapdicks this weekend.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:39 AM »
Aren't we again veering into meathead territory with the "look like they care" stuff? Winning teams look like they care. Losing teams don't. Is the reason that half the team is underachieving due to apathy? Or something else? I'm voting on something else.

Just my thoughts.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 28, 2010, 09:29:39 AM
Aren't we again veering into meathead territory with the "look like they care" stuff? Winning teams look like they care. Losing teams don't. Is the reason that half the team is underachieving due to apathy? Or something else? I'm voting on something else.

Just my thoughts.

I'm toeing the line, but they certainly looked completely dispeptic this weekend.  And to be fair, sometimes Aramis looks like he doesn't care when the Cubs are winning, but nevertheless, with the exception of a couple of players (Byrd, Colvin, Castro, et. al.), they looked like October couldn't come fast enough.

Then again, I can't wait for the end of the baseball season either.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »

Just my thoughts.

Dysentery?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2010, 09:35:03 AM »

Just my thoughts.

Agreed. It's the old "flip over a table in the clubhouse to show you care" crap. Even if it does mean you care, it doesn't mean you're going to get better at baseball.

I don't care if Zambrano's rage wasn't initially directed at Lee. The fact that Lee, who I don't think anyone would label a hothead and comes across as a pretty mild-mannered dude (with the exception I guess being him crying about the mean fans booing people), told him to shut the fuck up, might be an indication that the team is sick of Z throwing them under the bus. And let's say Z WAS trying to "fire up" the team...wouldn't you take Lee telling you to shut the fuck up as a clue to maybe, I don't know, shut the fuck up?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 09:35:03 AM

Just my thoughts.

Agreed. It's the old "flip over a table in the clubhouse to show you care" crap. Even if it does mean you care, it doesn't mean you're going to get better at baseball.

I don't care if Zambrano's rage wasn't initially directed at Lee. The fact that Lee, who I don't think anyone would label a hothead and comes across as a pretty mild-mannered dude (with the exception I guess being him crying about the mean fans booing people), told him to shut the fuck up, might be an indication that the team is sick of Z throwing them under the bus. And let's say Z WAS trying to "fire up" the team...wouldn't you take Lee telling you to shut the fuck up as a clue to maybe, I don't know, shut the fuck up?

If that bullshit actually worked, players would get more fired up by Lee yelling than from Zambrano doing it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »

Just my thoughts.

When? You mean after he didn't lose his shit after his defense shat the bed in Game 2 of the NLDS? Actually, I think he handled that admirably when I think about it. Are you referring to some other time?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 28, 2010, 10:05:35 AM

Just my thoughts.

When? You mean after he didn't lose his shit after his defense shat the bed in Game 2 of the NLDS? Actually, I think he handled that admirably when I think about it. Are you referring to some other time?

This is definitely not the first time Z has thrown a shitfit when somebody failed to make a play in the field. Obviously he's had a legitimate gripe with his slapdick teammates in most of those cases, but I don't think this was one of them.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:48 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:13:17 AM

Just my thoughts.

This is definitely not the first time Z has thrown a shitfit when somebody failed to make a play in the field. Obviously he's had a legitimate gripe with his slapdick teammates in most of those cases, but I don't think this was one of them.

Like I said above, I don't think it was about Lee. I think it was a culmination of 3 months of frustation that spewed out. I mean the guy was sent to the fucking bullpen, the team is like 10 games below .500, way out of the division race, and giving up 4 runs in the first inning has the makings of an "L" all over it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2010, 10:24:04 AM »

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 28, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:13:17 AM

Just my thoughts.

Like I said above, I don't think it was about Lee. I think it was a culmination of 3 months of frustation that spewed out. I mean the guy was sent to the fucking bullpen, the team is like 10 games below .500, way out of the division race, and giving up 4 runs in the first inning has the makings of an "L" all over it.

Do you ever stop to question the reason behind your insistence on defending total assholes?