News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,569 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 25, 2011, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 25, 2011, 03:25:08 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 25, 2011, 01:28:22 PM
Carlos Silva.

Quite premature. All this says is that Silva won't start and that the Cubs will eat dollars to get rid of him, not that they will eat all of them to cut him.

Weebs sources tell me he's in a hotel in baltimore, waiting on a trade for Brian Roberts + cash.

Al Yellon is still waiting to hear back from someone close to Jody Gerut.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 25, 2011, 03:37:33 PM
Carlos Silva.

Quite premature. All this says is that Silva won't start and that the Cubs will eat dollars to get rid of him, not that they will eat all of them to cut him.

Weebs sources tell me he's in a hotel in baltimore, waiting on a trade for Brian Roberts + cash.

Now, it is really official:  Carlos Silva.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:31 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on March 27, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
Carlos Silva.

Hendry shows some cojones. Good for him.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 27, 2011, 11:37:31 AM
Quote from: powen01 on March 27, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
Carlos Silva.

Isn't it Ricketts who is showing something other than his ass here? I'm sure Hendry would like to hit the re-set button on a bunch of shit but it's not really his call. Nobody deserves much credit for any of this, but if you feel some sympathy is warranted you can buy an extra round of $8 beer-like liquids at every game you attend this year. One more round than you need or want. If every Cub fan does this, we can probably make up for this $11.5 MM ouch time together.

I'll start website or a Facebook group or something.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 27, 2011, 11:45:52 AM

Approvals need to go through Chad first. One option would be to just add it to your wesley snipes blog.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2011, 12:02:33 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 27, 2011, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 27, 2011, 11:45:52 AM

Approvals need to go through Chad first. One option would be to just add it to your wesley snipes blog.

I have a wesley snipes blog? That sounds dope as a motherfucker and shit.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »

These quotes are awesome:

Quote"Basically, he wasn't good enough to make the team. We try to factor in not only spring training, but the second half of last year. You're looking at a guy who had a 14-something ERA from July 11 on, and came to camp with the notion that he already had a spot in the rotation."

Quote"Obviously, we're dealing with a man who at this particular point of his career is not willing to face the facts that what he's done the last few years, except for a two-month period (last year), is well below major league standards."

Quote"And he seemed to make a continual problem of blaming everyone but himself. He gave up 29 hits in his first 11 innings of camp, and I've never had anyone I've dealt with classify that as 'bad luck.'"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 27, 2011, 12:58:52 PM

Quote"Basically, he wasn't good enough to make the team. We try to factor in not only spring training, but the second half of last year. You're looking at a guy who had a 14-something ERA from July 11 on, and came to camp with the notion that he already had a spot in the rotation."

Quote"Obviously, we're dealing with a man who at this particular point of his career is not willing to face the facts that what he's done the last few years, except for a two-month period (last year), is well below major league standards."

Quote"And he seemed to make a continual problem of blaming everyone but himself. He gave up 29 hits in his first 11 innings of camp, and I've never had anyone I've dealt with classify that as 'bad luck.'"

Quade gets an e-high five on these.

"People need to know, whether he was upset with Riggs or whatever, everyone needs to know that this was my call," Quade said. "It wasn't Jim Hendry's. If [Silva wants] to be irritated with somebody, this is on me, OK. It was my decision, complete and totally.

"I was really disappointed when I heard [Silva's comments]. First of all, he's dead [expletive] wrong, OK, about my pitching coach. And I have no [expletive] time for that."

Quade continued to admonish the former Cubs pitcher.

"Respect is a two-way street," he said. "I don't want to hear anything about respect. If you ain't giving it, you ain't getting it."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »
I liked the quote reflecting Silva's trade value:

QuoteThe Cubs tried all spring to trade Silva, but didn't get any interest from any of the other 29 major league teams. According to a major league source, the Cubs let it be known that they would be willing to eat a large portion of Silva's $11.5 million 2011 salary. The source also said the Cubs were not asking for any players in return. However, there were still no takers.

You know you've got a real gem on your hands when you can't convince another team to simply put him on their roster and let the Cubs pay for it.

And yet I still feel the Cubs came out with the better end of the Bradley/Silva deal.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 27, 2011, 03:43:45 PM
And yet I still feel the Cubs came out with the better end of the Bradley/Silva deal.

For what it's worth (not much) Bradley is .324/.395/.514 on the spring and got tossed from a Cactus League game a couple weeks ago for arguing balls and strikes.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 27, 2011, 03:43:45 PM

Let's see...

Seattle has to have Bradley for another year.

The Cubs have nothing to show for the expense of $11.5 million.

Yeah, the Cubs win.  Easily.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 27, 2011, 01:37:38 PM

"People need to know, whether he was upset with Riggs or whatever, everyone needs to know that this was my call," Quade said. "It wasn't Jim Hendry's. If [Silva wants] to be irritated with somebody, this is on me, OK. It was my decision, complete and totally.

"I was really disappointed when I heard [Silva's comments]. First of all, he's dead [expletive] wrong, OK, about my pitching coach. And I have no [expletive] time for that."

"Respect is a two-way street," he said. "I don't want to hear anything about respect. If you ain't giving it, you ain't getting it."

Mike Quade is going to have to do a lot of stupid shit simultaneously to get me to hate him.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 27, 2011, 06:19:04 PM

Mike Quade is going to have to do a lot of stupid shit simultaneously to get me to hate him.

Give it time.

But, he's totally sweet right now.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »

So the Opening Day Aramis Ramirez squeeze bunt then?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 27, 2011, 07:04:49 PM

So the Opening Day Aramis Ramirez squeeze bunt then?

From Neifi to Burnitz, nothing the Cubs do with a runner on third will ever surprise me again.