News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,526 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1140 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 13, 2011, 11:03:27 AM
It was all Bernie Mac's fault.

or Mercury's retrograde.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1141 on: December 13, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 13, 2011, 08:37:12 AM
Also, not strictly relevant here, but Ryan Theriot has been released by the Tards.  I don't know how to feel about that - much as seeing him jobless warms the cockles of my heart, they'd have been far worse off if they'd kept him.

But the Giants are keeping Fontenot. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1142 on: December 13, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
By the way, the next time David Huh or another guy calls the bears backup RB "Marion Bartman," you can find me on a multi-state killing spree beginning at the sports desk of the Chicago Tribune and ending somewhere on Tim Tebow's or any one of the Alex Gonzalezes' doorsteps.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1143 on: December 13, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 13, 2011, 12:18:49 PMBy the way, the next time David Huh or another guy calls the bears backup RB "Marion Bartman," you can find me on a multi-state killing spree beginning at the sports desk of the Chicago Tribune and ending somewhere on Tim Tebow's or any one of the Alex Gonzalezes' doorsteps.

That, and then some. The Jockey's lame tweet gets a thumbs up from noted humorists Huh and Ofman.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1144 on: December 13, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 13, 2011, 12:18:49 PM
By the way, the next time David Huh or another guy calls the bears backup RB "Marion Bartman," you can find me on a multi-state killing spree beginning at the sports desk of the Chicago Tribune and ending somewhere on Tim Tebow's or any one of the Alex Gonzalezes' doorsteps.

Agreed.  Of all the goats to go with, Huh choose a guy who did nothing?

Marion Durham.
Marion Lancaster.
Marion Brown.
Marion Dybzinski.

So much history, such lame writing.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1145 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 13, 2011, 01:03:28 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 13, 2011, 12:18:49 PM

Agreed.  Of all the goats to go with, Huh choose a guy who did nothing?

Marion Durham.
Marion Lancaster.
Marion Brown.
Marion Dybzinski.

So much history, such lame writing.

"With his crack-headed running out of bounds, Marion Barber officially crossed into Marion Barry territory."

I would have liked that line.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1146 on: December 13, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1147 on: December 13, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 13, 2011, 01:48:37 PM

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1148 on: December 13, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1149 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1150 on: December 13, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »

Wait... What are we supposed to be doing again?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1151 on: December 13, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »
This shit isn't hard.

Neither Pete Rose nor John Gotti have as bitter memories of Marion as Bears fans....

The Bears' playoff hopes got the kind of haircut you'd expect from Park Ave. Barbershop, a Marion (Ind.) Barber...

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1152 on: December 13, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 13, 2011, 02:03:14 PM

Wait... What are we supposed to be doing again?

If the Hawks and Bears swapped their Maria(o)ns, the Hawks surely would have lost to Phoenix Sunday without Marian Hossa's heroics. The Bears also would have lost, because Hossa is probably much worse at football than Marion Barber.

Can I write for the Trib now?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1153 on: December 13, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1154 on: December 13, 2011, 02:16:01 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2011, 04:33:38 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 12, 2011, 06:30:02 PM
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 12:29:50 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 12, 2011, 12:20:51 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 12, 2011, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: PenPho on November 15, 2011, 01:41:54 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 14, 2011, 08:09:35 PM
Aramis Ramirez.

AIN'T GONE YE....yeah, he's gone.

Aramis Ramirez.

THIS MEANS MY KUBBEEZ GOTTA GET FIELDER NOW!

I still like this move, even if it means paying a lot for Fielder.

Unfortuantely, meathead Cubs fans are probably more likely to boo Ramirez upon his return to Wrigley than Alex Gonzalez.  I would happily pay to sit behind the plate and lay into him for a game.  I honestly can't think of a former Cub who I despise more than him.

Why would you boo Alex Gonzalez anyway?  Do you think he WANTED to bobble that ball?  Would standing up and screaming at him for fucking up a play that he's probably replayed in his mind at least 10,000 times since really going to even make you feel better, let alone make him feel worse?  I'm asking honestly, and this is coming from an old drunken, leather-lunged, meatball heckler.  I honestly think there's something wrong with your brain if you're being serious (and part of me says you CAN'T be).

This is irony, right?

This from same person who has-on countless occasions-brought up the horror of Mark DeRosa booting the double play in that one playoff series (Dodgers? D-Backs? I can't remember any more) where they ended up getting swept anyway.  

If the above post was sincere (or Sincere IronyTM,) then I honestly think there's something wrong with your brain.

*Edit: In my effort to wipe all of this from my memory, I think DeRosa actually hit into a double-play, rather than boot one in the field. But I'm not entirely sure, it could have been either or both. Original point still stands.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"