News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,567 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1200 on: January 04, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on January 04, 2012, 09:00:33 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 04, 2012, 07:07:55 PM
Funny. I always thought I'd give a shit if Zambrano left.

I'm sad, but I trust in Theo

Whatever dude, this was all Jed.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1201 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »

Yeah, this is part of a plan and Z couldn't come back after what happened and....ah, fuck it. This move sucks. I love Z and want him back.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1202 on: January 04, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 04, 2012, 09:43:36 PM

Yeah, this is part of a plan and Z couldn't come back after what happened and....ah, fuck it. This move sucks. I love Z and want him back.

I actually got either tired or bored of trying to defend him. I just don't care anymore. Now that P'Nut's in the Pro Bowl I don't feel like I'll ever have to defend another ballplayer ever again. My work here is done. If you guys need me I'll be in the Japan thread.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1203 on: January 05, 2012, 12:32:36 AM »

I think not giving a shit about this is weird. Zambrano's been a Cub for like 26 years and he's the only one who actually cared enough to get mad about how shitty they were. He was fun and mostly good. Sometimes he was great. I will miss him and now that he's a Marlin I will probably really not like him much.

I'm looking forward to the first time he comes back to Wrigley and gets booed. That post game interview should be amazing.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1204 on: January 05, 2012, 12:41:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 05, 2012, 12:32:36 AM

I think not giving a shit about this is weird. Zambrano's been a Cub for like 26 years and he's the only one who actually cared enough to get mad about how shitty they were. He was fun and mostly good. Sometimes he was great. I will miss him and now that he's a Marlin I will probably really not like him much.

I'm looking forward to the first time he comes back to Wrigley and gets booed. That post game interview should be amazing.

I feel like he was already gone. This past summer when his teammates finally aired him out in public was the last straw. I knew he'd never be back. Not that I'm endorsing anything Dempster or Soriano had to say but they do know him better than I do. So there's that. Sometimes you have to kick people out the crib whether you love them or not. Let 'em keep the TV and one of the dogs. Then you grieve and you fuck a lot of women. Wait... what were we doing?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1205 on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »
I'm going to miss Bis Z. As Slaky said he was the only one who gave a shit about bad they were.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1206 on: January 05, 2012, 07:34:51 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 05, 2012, 12:41:33 AM
I feel like he was already gone. This past summer when his teammates finally aired him out in public was the last straw. I knew he'd never be back. Not that I'm endorsing anything Dempster or Soriano had to say but they do know him better than I do. So there's that. Sometimes you have to kick people out the crib whether you love them or not. Let 'em keep the TV and one of the dogs. Then you grieve and you fuck a lot of women. Wait... what were we doing?

Th
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1207 on: January 05, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
I'm actually surprised we got anything back in return. Volstad isn't great, but he's a cost controlled useable pitcher for a few years.
Hendry would have spent the entire offseason trashing Z, only to release him paying all his salary and getting nothing in return.
This is a nice change. Soriano is next.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1208 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
QuoteDuring an appearance Wednesday on WGN radio in Chicago, Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said that he expects Bryan LaHair to be the club's starting first baseman this season.

"Bryan LaHair is our first baseman," said Epstein. "I don't believe in the concept of 4A players. The guy can hit."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1209 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 05, 2012, 07:39:10 AM
I'm actually surprised we got anything back in return. Volstad isn't great, but he's a cost controlled useable pitcher for a few years.
Hendry would have spent the entire offseason trashing Z, only to release him paying all his salary and getting nothing in return.

Then Dempster and then Sterling Archer. This offseason is awesome.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1210 on: January 05, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 05, 2012, 08:02:55 AM
Quote from: BH on January 05, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Then Dempster and then Sterling Archer. This offseason is awesome.

And I was just about to praise you for the picture of that perfect Japanese woman. You know what? I'm going to praise you anyway.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1211 on: January 05, 2012, 08:23:17 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 05, 2012, 07:44:58 AM
QuoteDuring an appearance Wednesday on WGN radio in Chicago, Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said that he expects Bryan LaHair to be the club's starting first baseman this season.

"Bryan LaHair is our first baseman," said Epstein. "I don't believe in the concept of 4A players. The guy can hit."

He's the only first baseman on the team at this point, so Theo kind of had to say that.

But given the way the team is shaping up for next year, they might as well give him a shot and see if they have anything there.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1212 on: January 05, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
I support the Cubs burning this bitch to the ground.

But keep Soriano, just to piss off Chuck.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1213 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 05, 2012, 08:38:01 AM
I support the Cubs burning this bitch to the ground.

But keep Soriano, just to piss off Chuck.

They should start a new tradition, having soriano switch positions every game. Give the fans something to watch.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1214 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 05, 2012, 12:32:36 AM

the 2014 season, after which Zambrano, who, after he finally gets some maturity following the trade pitches well for Miami, is traded back to the Cubs (for one of our endless prospects in our now stocked farm system) to be the 3rd/4th pitcher for the Cubs, who that season will win 105 games and the Series.

Yeah, I'm a sap, but I'm going to miss the guy.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.