News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,527 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1485 on: July 24, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Crasnick is reporting that Dempster is leaning toward accepting the trade but was blindsided when the deal leaked before the Cubs were ready to approach him. That sucks, and I understand his reaction. If he ends up taking the deal he deserves our thanks for doing the team a huge favor but let's see how it plays out.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1486 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2012, 09:19:09 AM
Crasnick is reporting that Dempster is leaning toward accepting the trade but was blindsided when the deal leaked before the Cubs were ready to approach him. That sucks, and I understand his reaction. If he ends up taking the deal he deserves our thanks for doing the team a huge favor but let's see how it plays out.

He deserves nothing.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1487 on: July 24, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2012, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2012, 09:19:09 AM

He deserves nothing.

But if not for that shitty outing, some dumb Dodger fan would not have posted that video, you would not have linked to it this morning, and I would not have enjoyed this.

Thanks, Demp!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1488 on: July 24, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
By the way, 25:26 is where shit gets real.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1489 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 24, 2012, 09:43:35 AM

Zonk's tackle was not as awesome as I rememebr it. :(
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1490 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 24, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

He ended up on the bottom of the pile. But if they'd let the video play out, you'd see the Mets backing down from the Cubs all over the place - at least that's how Sutcliffe tells it. I believe it. The Mets were probably too hungover/stoned to give a shit.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1491 on: July 24, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2012, 10:36:14 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 24, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

He ended up on the bottom of the pile. But if they'd let the video play out, you'd see the Mets backing down from the Cubs all over the place - at least that's how Sutcliffe tells it. I believe it. The Mets were probably too hungover/stoned to give a shit.

Drug Dealers!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1492 on: July 24, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
I love when the talking heads come out and squash anyone who has a feeling about this trade saga. How dare you be annoyed that Dempster hasn't accepted a trade. How dare you want your team to get better.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1493 on: July 24, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 24, 2012, 01:35:35 PMI love when the talking heads come out and squash anyone who has a feeling about this trade saga. How dare you be annoyed that Dempster hasn't accepted a trade. How dare you want your team to get better.

Truth. The possibilities as I see them are:

1. Theo approaches Dempster a while back and asked what teams Dempster would go to. Dempster says he'd prefer the Dodgers but would also go to the Braves (and maybe a couple other teams). Theo says OK, we'll keep you in the loop if something is close. A couple weeks later, Dempster nods off during an According to Jim marathon and wakes up to tweets that he's been traded to the Braves. Dempster gets butthurt since he's used to the Jim Hendry Trading Method in which players not only are conferenced in on all trade discussions but sometimes get to trade themselves. Dempster decides to hold up or maybe kill the trade.

2. Theo never talked to Dempster.

Which one is more likely?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1494 on: July 24, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 24, 2012, 01:35:35 PM
I love when the talking heads come out and squash anyone who has a feeling about this trade saga. How dare you be annoyed that Dempster hasn't accepted a trade. How dare you want your team to get better.

But, CFiHP's headline-fueled haterage aside, do we even know that this is the actually case?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1495 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 24, 2012, 02:09:29 PM

But, CFiHP's headline-fueled haterage aside, do we even know that this is the actually case?

No but that's not the point. The point is to be hostile toward him on the internet so he'll start to hate it here and leave when asked. We're all doing our part. 103 years, man.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1496 on: July 24, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

The Twitter.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1497 on: July 24, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2012, 02:18:17 PM

No but that's not the point. The point is to be hostile toward him on the internet so he'll start to hate it here and leave when asked. We're all doing our part. 103 years, man.

If only we could get Huey on the phone with Dempster's sister or something.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1498 on: July 24, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 24, 2012, 02:47:11 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2012, 02:18:17 PM

If only we could get Huey on the phone with Dempster's sister or something.

Is she a cop in Gurnee?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1499 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 24, 2012, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 24, 2012, 01:35:35 PMI love when the talking heads come out and squash anyone who has a feeling about this trade saga. How dare you be annoyed that Dempster hasn't accepted a trade. How dare you want your team to get better.

Truth. The possibilities as I see them are:

1. Theo approaches Dempster a while back and asked what teams Dempster would go to. Dempster says he'd prefer the Dodgers but would also go to the Braves (and maybe a couple other teams). Theo says OK, we'll keep you in the loop if something is close. A couple weeks later, Dempster nods off during an According to Jim marathon and wakes up to tweets that he's been traded to the Braves. Dempster gets butthurt since he's used to the Jim Hendry Trading Method in which players not only are conferenced in on all trade discussions but sometimes get to trade themselves. Dempster decides to hold up or maybe kill the trade.

2. Theo never talked to Dempster.

Which one is more likely?

Wait just a damn minute here.

There was an "According to Jim" marathon on yesterday and no one told me?
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.