News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,580 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1650 on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 05, 2012, 01:39:19 PM
Jeff Baker.

Pretty sure we got rid of him like two years ago. Nice try, though. I almost looked.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1651 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
Ned Colletti: Butthurt.

Quote from Sully's notes package today:

QuoteLOS ANGELES — The Cubs called Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti late Saturday night to deny reports they let Ryan Dempster hear phone conversations during Tuesday's trade talks.

General manager Jed Hoyer also denied the story, which was relayed to the media Wednesday by President Theo Epstein during an interview at Wrigley Field. Epstein told reporters that "once (Dempster) came to our office and actually heard the conversations we were having with LA, he realized 'OK, maybe that's actually not going to happen.'" He also said it was "helpful to have him there so he could hear first-hand that (a trade) wasn't going to happen."

The Cubs' position is that Epstein's remarks were "misinterpreted," leading to the Dodgers' angry reaction. The Cubs said Sunday they put Dempster on the phone to Colletti before the trade deadline, maintaining that was what Epstein was referring to Wednesday.

Hoyer was upset with a Tribune report that the Dodgers considered the invitation a breach of ethics and that it would likely hinder any talks between the teams in the future. Asked why he waited three days to deny the report, Hoyer said he hadn't read it.

Colletti could not be reached for comment.

This shit just never stops being fucking retarded. I now validate every meatballish thing uttered against Dempster and will begin cherry picking stats that indicate he's a shitty pitcher - beginning with his first start for the Rangers. The fact is, Dempster so infuriated Theo and Jed that they went out of their way to trash him in the press - to the point of hurting their relationship with the Dodgers' front office. It was ill-advised on their part to do so, but it seems he drove them to it. The son of a bitch who claimed he loved the Cubs so much that he'd only agree to leave on terms that would help the team managed to damage them slightly on the way out by being such a colossal douche turret. He just couldn't fucking help himself. I consider him the poster child of Hendry-era Cubfail. Not Zambrano, not Soriano, not even Hendry himself. He is everything people said was wrong with the Cubs and their culture wrapped into one dorkish, gingerfied, underperforming package. Fuck him in the face with a fungo bat covered in whatever STDs he and Jenny and Peavy have swapped and then some.

FUCK.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1652 on: August 06, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 06, 2012, 09:54:30 AM

QuoteLOS ANGELES — The Cubs called Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti late Saturday night to deny reports they let Ryan Dempster hear phone conversations during Tuesday's trade talks.

General manager Jed Hoyer also denied the story, which was relayed to the media Wednesday by President Theo Epstein during an interview at Wrigley Field. Epstein told reporters that "once (Dempster) came to our office and actually heard the conversations we were having with LA, he realized 'OK, maybe that's actually not going to happen.'" He also said it was "helpful to have him there so he could hear first-hand that (a trade) wasn't going to happen."

The Cubs' position is that Epstein's remarks were "misinterpreted," leading to the Dodgers' angry reaction. The Cubs said Sunday they put Dempster on the phone to Colletti before the trade deadline, maintaining that was what Epstein was referring to Wednesday.

Hoyer was upset with a Tribune report that the Dodgers considered the invitation a breach of ethics and that it would likely hinder any talks between the teams in the future. Asked why he waited three days to deny the report, Hoyer said he hadn't read it.

This shit just never stops being fucking retarded. I now validate every meatballish thing uttered against Dempster and will begin cherry picking stats that indicate he's a shitty pitcher - beginning with his first start for the Rangers. The fact is, Dempster so infuriated Theo and Jed that they went out of their way to trash him in the press - to the point of hurting their relationship with the Dodgers' front office. It was ill-advised on their part to do so, but it seems he drove them to it. The son of a bitch who claimed he loved the Cubs so much that he'd only agree to leave on terms that would help the team managed to damage them slightly on the way out by being such a colossal douche turret. He just couldn't fucking help himself. I consider him the poster child of Hendry-era Cubfail. Not Zambrano, not Soriano, not even Hendry himself. He is everything people said was wrong with the Cubs and their culture wrapped into one dorkish, gingerfied, underperforming package. Fuck him in the face with a fungo bat covered in whatever STDs he and Jenny and Peavy have swapped and then some.

FUCK.

LSA +!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1653 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 06, 2012, 09:54:30 AM

FUCK.

Not to take anything away from Dempster being a chode about this whole situation, but I think the blame for any breakdown in Dodgers-Cubs relations would rest squarely on Colletti's chafed ass...

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-cubs/cubs-talk/Dempster-reached-out-to-Dodgers-GM-at-de?blockID=751939&feedID=10336

QuoteBut here's another twist to this bizarre story: Sources said that Dempster was so hung up on the Dodgers that the Cubs told him to directly call Ned Colletti. Dempster spoke with the Los Angeles general manager just before the deadline – eliminating that possibility – and then accepted a trade to the Texas Rangers.

The Cubs denied a Chicago Tribune report that they let Dempster listen in on trade conversations without informing the Dodgers – what would be a "serious breach of ethics." But it clearly struck a nerve in the Cubs front office and revealed a Los Angeles perspective on the failed negotiations.

General manager Jed Hoyer – who was the point man for dealing with the Dodgers – reached out to Colletti on Sunday to explain the misunderstanding. The Tribune reported that it could effect the relationship between the two organizations and jeopardize future deals. Alfonso Soriano had shown a willingness to come to Los Angeles and the Dodgers had significant interest in Matt Garza before the deadline.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1654 on: August 06, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1655 on: August 06, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
These are major league general managers we're talking about. Any asshurt will heal the second one team has something the other team wants.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1656 on: August 15, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
Oneri Fleita.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1657 on: August 15, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on August 15, 2012, 10:59:51 AM
Oneri Fleita.

Rickett's gave him a 4 year extension last year right?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1658 on: August 15, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1659 on: August 15, 2012, 01:08:18 PM »
Chuck Wasserstrom

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1660 on: August 15, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
And a bunch of scouts and staff in Mesa.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1661 on: August 15, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 15, 2012, 02:42:14 PM

Did they happen to find Ed Lynch still waxing a chair with his ass out there?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1662 on: August 15, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 15, 2012, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 15, 2012, 02:42:14 PM

Did they happen to find Ed Lynch still waxing a chair with his ass out there?

Why would they be looking for him in the first place?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1663 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:17 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1664 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »
My secretarial job.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck