News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,579 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1770 on: November 04, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »
No it wasn't.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1771 on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:18 AM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1772 on: November 05, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »
Didn't marmol leak the trade? Why wouldn't the Cubs just sign Haren, keep Marmol, hope both do well and trade two players instead of just one?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1773 on: November 05, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 05, 2012, 07:59:47 AM
Didn't marmol leak the trade? Why wouldn't the Cubs just sign Haren, keep Marmol, hope both do well and trade two players instead of just one?

Right.  The fact that LAA subsequently declined Haren's option meant that the Cubs were the only team interested, so why the fuck were they trying to trade at all?  There are only two explanations: either the Cubs thought somebody else was in for Haren (which I don't buy); or they were absolutely fucking gagging to get rid of Marmol and his contract (which I do).
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1774 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 05, 2012, 08:14:23 AM
Quote from: BH on November 05, 2012, 07:59:47 AM

Right.  The fact that LAA subsequently declined Haren's option meant that the Cubs were the only team interested, so why the fuck were they trying to trade at all?  There are only two explanations: either the Cubs thought somebody else was in for Haren (which I don't buy); or they were absolutely fucking gagging to get rid of Marmol and his contract (which I do).

The third angle is that the Cubs need starters just to get through 2013 more than they need closers.  I mean, there's 162 games to play and just who will start them?  If the money were equal, and both had expiring contracts in 2013, maybe you take the starter and just slog through the year.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1775 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
I still hope Theo sweet talks dempster into signing a long term cheap deal to play for his favorite Kubbeez, with the notion that he'll be in the booth with Len when he retires, where he can do unlimited impersonations.  That the cubs tell him all negativity towards him was forgotten, throw him a big parade through the streets of chicago. And at the end of the parade sits the GM of Baltimore, who then informs Dempster that he's been traded. Hopefully for Brian Roberts.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1776 on: November 05, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 05, 2012, 09:03:25 AM
I still hope Theo sweet talks dempster into signing a long term cheap deal to play for his favorite Kubbeez, with the notion that he'll be in the booth with Len when he retires, where he can do unlimited impersonations.  That the cubs tell him all negativity towards him was forgotten, throw him a big parade through the streets of chicago. And at the end of the parade sits the GM of Baltimore, who then informs Dempster that he's been traded. Hopefully for Brian Roberts.

I hate that I laughed at this.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1777 on: November 14, 2012, 09:48:47 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 05, 2012, 10:08:44 AM

The Magnificent Mile just got more maginficent.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1778 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 14, 2012, 09:48:47 AM
I still hope Theo sweet talks dempster into signing a long term cheap deal to play for his favorite Kubbeez, with the notion that he'll be in the booth with Len when he retires, where he can do unlimited impersonations.  That the cubs tell him all negativity towards him was forgotten, throw him a big parade through the streets of chicago. And at the end of the parade sits the GM of Baltimore, who then informs Dempster that he's been traded. Hopefully for Brian Roberts.

Have I mentioned this week that I hate Grant DePorter with the force of 1,000 suns?

I hate Grant DePorter with the force of 1,000 suns.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1779 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 14, 2012, 10:09:03 AM

Have I mentioned this week that I hate Grant DePorter with the force of 1,000 suns?

I hate Grant DePorter with the force of 1,000 suns?

But with this wacky stunt, Dempster is sure to win us back!

Seriously though, should we take bets?  Is he just going to do the terrible Harry Caray impression, or will he go for the full on Ferris Bueller "Donke Schoen" re-enactment?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1780 on: November 14, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 14, 2012, 10:26:21 AM

I hate Grant DePorter with the force of 1,000 suns?

But with this wacky stunt, Dempster is sure to win us back!

Seriously though, should we take bets?  Is he just going to do the terrible Harry Caray impression, or will he go for the full on Ferris Bueller "Donke Schoen" re-enactment?

Also is that bartender dickhead going to be there? The guy who inexplicably is allowed to voice his opinion on television?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1781 on: November 14, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »

I agree, it's going to be maginficent.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1782 on: November 14, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 14, 2012, 10:28:03 AM

I agree, it's going to be maginficent.

Splel check is a drag to use.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1783 on: November 14, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
I still hope Theo sweet talks dempster into signing a long term cheap deal to play for his favorite Kubbeez, with the notion that he'll be in the booth with Len when he retires, where he can do unlimited impersonations.  That the cubs tell him all negativity towards him was forgotten, throw him a big parade through the streets of chicago. And at the end of the parade sits the GM of Baltimore, who then informs Dempster that he's been traded. Hopefully for Brian Roberts.

I work with a guy who used to be a manager at Harry Caray's and he's confirmed my suspicion that Grant DePorter is a ginormous douche cannon.  He could not, however, confirm my suspicion that he's boning Old Widow Dutchie Caray.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1784 on: November 14, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2012, 02:53:02 PM

I work with a guy who used to be a manager at Harry Caray's and he's confirmed my suspicion that Grant DePorter is a ginormous douche cannon.  He could not, however, confirm my suspicion that he's boning Old Widow Dutchie Caray.

C'mon guy, either confirm suspicions or don't confirm suspicions - PICK A LANE!