News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,527 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #1980 on: July 09, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
Shawn Camp.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1981 on: July 09, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »

#NoPex
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1982 on: July 09, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2013, 10:32:30 AM
From what I can gather, Al Yellon Tweeted that the Cubs should sign Francoeur. People made fun of Al and Francoeur for awhile. When the Giants signed Francoeur it immediately became time to post.

He wrote a whole post on it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1983 on: July 09, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 09, 2013, 03:02:02 PM
From what I can gather, Al Yellon Tweeted that the Cubs should sign Francoeur. People made fun of Al and Francoeur for awhile. When the Giants signed Francoeur it immediately became time to post.

In that case, "Jeff Francouer" clearly belongs in this thread.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1984 on: July 09, 2013, 03:16:18 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 09, 2013, 03:12:45 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 09, 2013, 03:02:02 PM

In that case, "Jeff Francouer" clearly belongs in this thread.

Media-appointed Voice of the Cubs Fan and all.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1985 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »
This is why I hate the Giants, Giants' fans, and the San Francisco Comical.  The following appeared in today's SF Chronicle and SFGate:

"Of all the terrible ways to measure the Giants' descent, none matches the fact that Tuesday night's 10-6 loss to the Mets left them with a worse record than the Chicago Cubs.

The Lovable Losers are in the midst of a multiyear rebuild. This month, the Cubs are holding a garage sale of players. Their 40-48 record is expected. Nobody thought the Giants would be 40-49 at the same time, and after 13 losses in 15 games there seems to be no end in sight to the misery."

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1986 on: July 10, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 10, 2013, 12:33:56 PM
This is why I hate the Giants, Giants' fans, and the San Francisco Comical.  The following appeared in today's SF Chronicle and SFGate:

"Of all the terrible ways to measure the Giants' descent, none matches the fact that Tuesday night's 10-6 loss to the Mets left them with a worse record than the Chicago Cubs.

The Lovable Losers are in the midst of a multiyear rebuild. This month, the Cubs are holding a garage sale of players. Their 40-48 record is expected. Nobody thought the Giants would be 40-49 at the same time, and after 13 losses in 15 games there seems to be no end in sight to the misery."

Hmm. I don't see what's wrong with that. I'd be pretty pissed if my World Series champ team had a worse record than the Cubs at any point in the next season.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1987 on: July 10, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 10, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

Hmm. I don't see what's wrong with that. I'd be pretty pissed if my World Series champ team had a worse record than the Cubs at any point in the next season.

I also think the Cubs' 40-48 record is better than a lot of people expected.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1988 on: July 10, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 10, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

Wait, they're only 8 games under .500.  WHY DA HELL ARE DEY TRADIN' ALL DESE PITCHERS DEN?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1989 on: July 10, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

Are you annoyed by the swipes at the Cubs or the asshurt and "misery" currently endured by these long-suffering fans of the defending champs? Or both?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1990 on: July 10, 2013, 01:21:50 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 10, 2013, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 10, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

Wait, they're only 8 games under .500.  WHY DA HELL ARE DEY TRADIN' ALL DESE PITCHERS DEN?

HUEY IS RIGHT DA REBUILD IS OVER LET'S GET THAT LAST WILD CARD SPOT EPSTINK

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1991 on: July 10, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 10, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Are you annoyed by the swipes at the Cubs or the asshurt and "misery" currently endured by these long-suffering fans of the defending champs? Or both?

The concept that you know that you are really bad if you are worse than the Cubs does tend to annoy me.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1992 on: July 10, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 10, 2013, 01:47:49 PM

The concept that you know that you are really bad if you are worse than the Cubs does tend to annoy me.

Is this the first time that a team coming off a 100-loss season has had a better record than the defending champ on July 10?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1993 on: July 10, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 10, 2013, 02:13:54 PM

Is this the first time that a team coming off a 100-loss season has had a better record than the defending champ on July 10?

Is this the second time Thrill investigated a the history of a 100-loss team in the last 24 hours?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1994 on: July 10, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 10, 2013, 02:16:08 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 10, 2013, 02:13:54 PM

Is this the second time Thrill investigated a the history of a 100-loss team in the last 24 hours?

"Thrill," indeed.