News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 62,349 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bob watches the Hawks win it from the best seat in the house...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2011, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 20, 2011, 09:22:30 AM

"LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

We get it: Morph had great seats.

I wasn't the only one (and you knew this was coming)

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on April 25, 2011, 10:29:48 AM
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2011, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 20, 2011, 09:22:30 AM

"LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

We get it: Morph had great seats.

I wasn't the only one (and you knew this was coming)

And yes, I laughed.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Wrist surgery for Bickell, out 2-3 weeks*

*or season ending, depending on what happens in Vancouver.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 25, 2011, 09:34:10 PM

Wrist surgery for Bickell, out 2-3 6-8 weeks*

What I've been seein'/readin'd

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 26, 2011, 10:15:31 AM

Yeah, he's done. Too bad - hell of a performance given he was just playing until he had to go under the knife. A few of the players I mentioned I didn't care for a few pages ago in this very thread are changing my mind in this series. Sample size be damned.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 10:27:23 AM

Yeah, he's done. Too bad - hell of a performance given he was just playing until he had to go under the knife. A few of the players I mentioned I didn't care for a few pages ago in this very thread are changing my mind in this series. Sample size be damned.

Seriously. Dobrý den, Michael Frolik.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 26, 2011, 10:35:18 AM

Mostly this. Not sure they can afford him but I'm sure they're figuring out ways to try after seeing what he does on a bigger stage. I'm impressed.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 10:38:43 AM

Mostly this. Not sure they can afford him but I'm sure they're figuring out ways to try after seeing what he does on a bigger stage. I'm impressed.

At the very least, the Cap is going from $59.4MM to $62.2MM. Depending on how big a slice of the TV contract gets tossed on top, Stan will have a decent chunk of change to play with.

There's no one on the current squad they can't afford to keep. It's a matter of who they want to keep.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 26, 2011, 11:45:38 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 10:38:43 AM

At the very least, the Cap is going from $59.4MM to $62.2MM. Depending on how big a slice of the TV contract gets tossed on top, Stan will have a decent chunk of change to play with.

There's no one on the current squad they can't afford to keep. It's a matter of who they want to keep.

And that's heartening. Frolik should be an interesting decision. On Frolik's part he's doing his best to guarantee the Hawks won't be the only team interested in his services. If a certain Oiler blog had their way, the Oil would send him a very Frolik-friendly offer sheet. If Frolik does get a solid offer I think the Hawks say goodbye. If not, I'm sure they can keep him for a reasonable offer.

One thing is, I am willing to be Frolik must feel like he's gone from hockey hell to the top floor. I would imagine he loves being in Chicago.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 01:04:55 PM

And that's heartening. Frolik should be an interesting decision. On Frolik's part he's doing his best to guarantee the Hawks won't be the only team interested in his services. If a certain Oiler blog had their way, the Oil would send him a very Frolik-friendly offer sheet. If Frolik does get a solid offer I think the Hawks say goodbye. If not, I'm sure they can keep him for a reasonable offer.

One thing is, I am willing to be Frolik must feel like he's gone from hockey hell to the top floor. I would imagine he loves being in Chicago.

Why would he want to go to Edmonton? It's the Panthers with worse weather.
TIME TO POST!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 26, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

For the money and for the glory. Mostly for the money.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 26, 2011, 01:38:26 PM

yes, the money. Copper and Blue speculated that they should throw him a retarded offer to bring him up there. My line of thinking is that having played in Chicago he's not going to be too thrilled about going back to a situation like that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 26, 2011, 01:38:26 PM

yes, the money. Copper and Blue speculated that they should throw him a retarded offer to bring him up there. My line of thinking is that having played in Chicago he's not going to be too thrilled about going back to a situation like that.

For retarded money he might take his chances.  And it would be extremely stupid of the Oilers because the guy is not worth retarded money.  He's pretty much Versteeg-lite.  A damn good player to have on your 3rd line.