News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 62,707 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

You wouldn't have even needed to like hockey to appreciate tonight's Hawks/Habs game.

Ho. Lee. Shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 05, 2011, 09:51:10 PM

You wouldn't have even needed to like hockey to appreciate tonight's Hawks/Habs game.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Hard to appreciate a kick in the nuts like that. Price standing on his goddamn head and the Captain getting booked for a dubious trip in OT only to watch helplessly as said tripping victim pots the winner shortly after. Fucking Subban.

The way Price has turned his career and won the favor of Habs fans is remarkable. I don't even dislike the Habs - they might be my second team if I was the kind of asshole that chose a second team.

But last night's game was sickening. Definitely one for the neutrals.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2011, 09:03:13 AM
... the Captain getting booked for a dubious trip in OT only to watch helplessly as said tripping victim pots the winner shortly after.

I expect the Captain's white-hot anger to manifest itself in Serious ways tonight.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 06, 2011, 09:23:53 AM
... the Captain getting booked for a dubious trip in OT only to watch helplessly as said tripping victim pots the winner shortly after.

I expect the Captain's white-hot anger to manifest itself in Serious ways tonight.

That's the general consensus. A pissed off and rather ineffective (last 4 games or so) captain can't be a bad thing. Especially when you're taking on a group of noted rabblerousers like the Blues AND at home. AND I'll be there.

Don't let me down, Jonny.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2011, 09:29:55 AM

That's the general consensus. A pissed off and rather ineffective (last 4 games or so) captain can't be a bad thing. Especially when you're taking on a group of noted rabblerousers like the Blues AND at home. AND I'll be there.

I think its time for Quenneville to drop any pretense of a balanced offense, load up a line of Kane, Toews and Hossa and just hope the rest of the slapdicks can manage to play even.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on April 06, 2011, 10:11:19 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2011, 09:29:55 AM

I think its time for Quenneville to drop any pretense of a balanced offense, load up a line of Kane, Toews and Hossa and just hope the rest of the slapdicks can manage to play even.

Surprised I haven't seen it yet. Also, I realize you don't want to re-injure Sharp but it's about time for him to strap on a few ace bandages and give it a go. Saving him for the playoffs that may not occur isn't going to work if they don't get two points tonight.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
In lighter news, Marty Turco's strategy of never playing in games and being hilarious on the bench has actually made me like him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Marty-Turco-bets-fan-during-Blackhawks-Habs-game?urn=nhl-wp1867

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on April 06, 2011, 10:30:03 AM
In lighter news, Marty Turco's strategy of never playing in games and being hilarious on the bench has actually made me like him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Marty-Turco-bets-fan-during-Blackhawks-Habs-game?urn=nhl-wp1867

"Nice going turd."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
YaaaaaaaaY!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This Ryan Reaves seems like a solid candidate for some Future Hate.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
So how much of an indicator of potential playoff success is the Hawks' +32 GD? 

I'll hang up and listen to those way more knowledgeable than me.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2011, 11:23:11 PM
YaaaaaaaaY!

I remarked, when they were down 2-0, that unless Toews "does something special in this game" that the Hawks would miss the playoffs.  When they were up 3-2 I conveniently had ignored my idiotic prediction and was just glad that they were winning, but then of course gladly staked a claim to it when Toews potted the winner in OT. 

I would kidnap him and drive him to Iowa to marry him right now if it wouldn't make me a polygamist.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on April 07, 2011, 09:39:34 AM
YaaaaaaaaY!

I remarked, when they were down 2-0, that unless Toews "does something special in this game" that the Hawks would miss the playoffs.  When they were up 3-2 I conveniently had ignored my idiotic prediction and was just glad that they were winning, but then of course gladly staked a claim to it when Toews potted the winner in OT. 

I would kidnap him and drive him to Iowa to marry him right now if it wouldn't make me a polygamist.

I like that you guys keep saying "potted."
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
YaaaaaaaaY!

I would like to remind everyone that the St. Louis Blues took Erik Johnson with the second pick of the 2006 draft instead of taking Toews.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 07, 2011, 10:03:12 AM
YaaaaaaaaY!

I would like to remind everyone that the St. Louis Blues took Erik Johnson with the second pick of the 2006 draft instead of taking Toews.

They took him twice?  Staal was #2 in said draft.