News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,153 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2009, 01:12:01 PM
Wheezer, do you have a Facebook or Twitter page? Hell, even a blog you rarely update? Cuz I'd like to know what you're thinking like every single second, or failing that, have some long form of insanity to wonder about for about 15 minutes every month.

As surely as the despicable John A. Brown is up for parole in 2011, but there's always the worry of its serving a clear anti-high function.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2009, 02:30:15 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 14, 2009, 02:10:08 PM
Wheezer, do you have a Facebook or Twitter page? Hell, even a blog you rarely update? Cuz I'd like to know what you're thinking like every single second, or failing that, have some long form of insanity to wonder about for about 15 minutes every month.

As surely as the despicable John A. Brown is up for parole in 2011, but there's always the worry of its serving a clear anti-high function.

So if I put these "pieces" together I can figure out which banned blue bleeder is you? There's only three I don't know. I could add all three and see what happens. Fucker. I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND DAMMMIT!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2009, 02:30:15 PM
So if I put these "pieces" together I can figure out which banned blue bleeder is you? There's only three I don't know. I could add all three and see what happens. Fucker. I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND DAMMMIT!

I'm the one that's not Tonker.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 14, 2009, 01:59:46 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 14, 2009, 01:49:21 PM
Anyone thinking of just becoming a full time Twins fan?

Uh, cuz I'm not...

I've got my Twins hat.  I'm ready to invest in a Mauer jersey.

*high fives Kermit*

Hmm, you mean become a fan of a team that's known for winning a terrible division and then flaming out in the postseason?

Nah, I just can't see it.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 14, 2009, 02:33:01 PM

"Sizzling Bacon Scent (UChicago) (creator)"

You'll have to read this forwards and backwards until the link shows up.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »

I know Tonker and Tonker knows Internet Apex. We're practically Internet Kin. But you... you make me work for it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 14, 2009, 03:41:28 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 14, 2009, 01:59:46 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 14, 2009, 01:49:21 PM
Anyone thinking of just becoming a full time Twins fan?

Uh, cuz I'm not...

I've got my Twins hat.  I'm ready to invest in a Mauer jersey.

*high fives Kermit*

Hmm, you mean become a fan of a team that's known for winning a terrible division and then flaming out in the postseason?

Nah, I just can't see it.

1987 and 1991 are easily my favorite World Series ever. But that was like a bajillion years ago.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
I've figured what this Cubs team is. It's the 2001 team minus the roided-up Gladiational Force in the middle of the lineup setting standards un-heard of even in the roided-up era. Check it. You got the horses in the rotation. Some smoke in the back of the pen with some question marks everywhere else. And the third baseman got hurt on a play that looked like it really, really fucking hurt. But the 2001 team had Tards and Trolls that were worth a shit making life impossible for them. All the Cubs need is a roided-up freak and their third baseman back and... BONERTYME!!!! Am I right?

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 14, 2009, 12:48:36 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2009, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 14, 2009, 12:27:50 PM
Perry gets credit for turning the offense around last season, and now it's his fault they're not hitting?  When is it okay for Hendry to tell Soriano (for the last month), Theriot, Milton, Soto and Fontenot to nut up and hit the fucking ball?

When their contracts come up?

You know, this stuff almost fits the meter.

I've been wanting this for years.  MAKE IT HAPPEN.  I have the key to the cosmos.  Now, if only I could find the door!
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2009, 10:34:56 PM »
One back in the loss column, boys and girls...

However, Pittsburgh teams are 2-for-2 for titles so far in 2009. So should I turn my irrational fear of the Cardinals into an even more irrational fear of the Pirates???
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:16 PM »
Quote from: BC on June 14, 2009, 10:34:56 PM

However, Pittsburgh teams are 2-for-2 for titles so far in 2009. So should I turn my irrational fear of the Cardinals into an even more irrational fear of the Pirates???

Do it.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2009, 12:56:50 AM »
Quote from: BC on June 14, 2009, 10:34:56 PM

However, Pittsburgh teams are 2-for-2 for titles so far in 2009. So should I turn my irrational fear of the Cardinals into an even more irrational fear of the Pirates never speak again???

Yes'd

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2009, 04:48:56 PM

I know Tonker and Tonker knows Internet Apex. We're practically Internet Kin. But you... you make me work for it.

Only "practically", Pex?  For shame.  First of all you organise your engagement party and wedding on a whole other continent, and now this?  I'm taking your picture out of my wallet, right now.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 15, 2009, 02:55:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2009, 04:48:56 PM

Only "practically", Pex?  For shame.  First of all you organise your engagement party and wedding on a whole other continent, and now this?  I'm taking your picture out of my wallet, right now.

Do as you must. Just don't take the life-size picture of us hugging out of your bathroom.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »
Quote from: Tank on June 14, 2009, 01:14:57 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 13, 2009, 11:38:18 PM
Quote from: Ivy6 on June 13, 2009, 11:38:39 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 13, 2009, 12:30:00 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 12, 2009, 01:37:17 PM
I'm sure they'll still be able to hear him over at Chicago Sports Webio.

Where things seem to be going swimmingly.

A stark contrast to the press release Sherman regurgitated earlier this week..

Yup.

Someone please tell me Chicagosportswebio is underwritten by Lenny Dykstra.

The old punching bag apparently has no problem working in exchange for bounced paychecks.

QuoteChet Coppock, the longtime Chicago sportscaster, said he plans to show up for his scheduled 3 p.m. program Monday at the Morton Grove studios of Internet-based Chicago Sports Webio. That's despite the fact that he said one of his latest paychecks bounced and the other hasn't arrived.

QuoteChicago Sports Webio debuted with media fanfare and what appeared to be a sizable financial commitment by Hernandez, whom Coppock remembers handing out $500 checks at a launch party.

"His reason was, 'I know for some of you this is going to mean a longer drive, so let me help you out with your gas money,' " Coppock said Sunday. "I thought, 'This guy really gets it.' "