News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,161 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »
Is this the thread where we talk about the firing of Gerald Perry?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »
Lee Elia's still never heard of Gerald Perry.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 15, 2009, 11:55:08 AM
Quote from: Andy on June 15, 2009, 10:11:21 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 15, 2009, 09:55:44 AM
How much would it cost to sponsor a segment on that show if NDHS is a sponsor?

Monsters in the Morning sponsored by Hire Jim Essian?  I'd suggest Desipio, but Kermit's gone big time.

I'm sure it's part of his ChicagoNow deal.  He and Kaplan are going to do shirtless weather at 7:45 every day.

The best thing about Kerm joining ChicagoNow will be when you click the "Our Blogs" tab, HJE will be right above Kap's corner.

There goes the fucking neighborhood.

I thought the best part was going to be preemptively banning Yellon.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 15, 2009, 01:08:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 15, 2009, 11:55:08 AM
Quote from: Andy on June 15, 2009, 10:11:21 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 15, 2009, 09:55:44 AM
How much would it cost to sponsor a segment on that show if NDHS is a sponsor?

Monsters in the Morning sponsored by Hire Jim Essian?  I'd suggest Desipio, but Kermit's gone big time.

I'm sure it's part of his ChicagoNow deal.  He and Kaplan are going to do shirtless weather at 7:45 every day.

The best thing about Kerm joining ChicagoNow will be when you click the "Our Blogs" tab, HJE will be right above Kap's corner.

There goes the fucking neighborhood.

I thought the best part was going to be preemptively banning Yellon.

I think there is more value added by taunting him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »
Al is on Twitter now.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 15, 2009, 02:09:40 PM
Al is on Twitter now.
Can you ban that?

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
Good.  Another thread talking about Al Yellon.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »

Hey, who else would love to see the Cubs get more than one bat hot to room temperature at a time right about now?
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2009, 03:50:55 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on June 15, 2009, 02:47:41 PM
Good.  Another thread talking about Al Yellon.

Banned.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2009, 12:10:52 AM »
Looks like a fairly prompt ixnay on the Ebioway.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 16, 2009, 12:10:52 AM

Isn't it cute to see him use phrases like "on the air" - it was a PODCAST.

Still, sucks to see anyone, regardless of what we think of them, get their career torched like that.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2009, 09:03:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 16, 2009, 08:01:02 AM

Still, sucks to see anyone, regardless of what we think of them, get their career torched like that.

Regarding Matt Weber - I never really thought of him, ever. I feel bad for the kid.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 16, 2009, 08:01:02 AM

Agreed.

It would only be funny if it were BC.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
OK, this thing gets weirder.

QuoteDavid Hernandez, the investor in a Chicago Internet radio station who was accused Monday by federal regulators of operating a Ponzi scheme, is missing, according to the Downers Grove police.

Hernandez's wife, Gina, reported him missing after he did not return home from work Monday evening, police said. The couple live in Downers Grove.

Hernandez, 48, was last seen driving an olive-colored 2005 Ford Explorer, police said. He was wearing a burgundy shirt and khaki pants.

Hernandez bilked more than 100 investors in at least 12 states out of $11 million by guaranteeing fixed rates of return as high as 16 percent, the Securities and Exchange Commission said in a civil action filed Monday in federal court in Chicago.
Hernandez told investors that their money would fund a payday lending business but instead he used the cash for personal expenses and other business ventures. One was Chicago Sports Webio, an online site that broadcasts sports-talk shows featuring Mike North, Dan Jiggetts, Chet Coppock and other radio personalities, the SEC said.

Any person with information in regards to his whereabouts should contact the Downers Grove Police Department immediately at 630-434-5600.

Monday, he was at the Webio, busy addressing the soon-to-be-out-of-work staff, and suspending Jesse Rogers for asking Hernandez if he ever spent time in a Turkish prison.

QuoteMr. Rogers was on hand Monday when Mr. Hernandez addressed the staff. Mr. Hernandez wouldn't allow him to attend the meeting.

Mr. Rogers speculates that it stemmed from him asking questions about whether Mr. Hernandez spent time in jail. Mr. Hernandez was convicted of wire fraud in 1998 and was sentenced to 34 months in jail.

"Somebody asked him about it," Mr. Rogers said. "He denied it and learned that it had come from me. Turns out he suspended me."

Mr. Rogers learned that at the meeting Mr. Hernandez made accusations of improprieties against Mike North, his wife, BeBe, and Jeff Schwartz. Mr. North was a co-founder in the station, with BeBe serving as the chief operating officer and Mr. Schwartz as the sales manager.

"I want to stress Mike, BeBe and Jeff did nothing wrong," Mr. Rogers said. "I worked closely with BeBe and we went to David if we needed to get anything approved — a computer, travel. All they wanted to do was build something here."

The only question I have is that of Mike North, Chet Coppock, Jesse Rogers, George Ofman, Tim Doyle, Dan Jiggets, Jen Patterson and David "Don't Call Me Keith" Hernandez, only Hernandez disappears?