News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,155 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on June 17, 2009, 08:10:04 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on June 17, 2009, 06:07:18 PM
DPD, but maybe we should trade for the ghost of Jason Marquis?  Phildo thinks he's swell and worthy of consideration on the All-City Useless Team.

Let's set up a three-way deal netting our CUBBIEZ the talented Jason Marquis and the omgsooooversatile Mark DeRosa.  Get it done, Jim!

I seriously hope DeRosa gets buttcancer of the mouth and dies.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »
Quote from: butthead on June 12, 2009, 12:09:00 PM
Lou is moving Fontenot up to second, and dropping Theriot and Fukudome down, or something like that. That should fix it. I PREDICT (say it like you mean it one more time for Murph) that they score 10 runs today on the homestand.

Hopeful'd.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
Kap lost his mind during the first few minutes of SportsCentral. It nearly entered the territory of that Detroit talker who lost his mind talking about Michigan State blowing a big lead to Notre Dame a couple of years ago ("Pucker, Pucker...")...  Anyway, compared to Kap, today, here's what an Ivy Chat entry reads like:

QuoteAlfonso Soriano is a great baseball player, a great hitter, and a credit to the game. I love him. I shall never write anything bad about him.

So Kap is focusing all of his energy on Soriano, who is awful since April.  I agree with that. Kap then suggested Lou bench Soriano until Monday (if that short a time) and called for Jake Fox to be the new left fielder.

He then called out "Bad Kermit, whoever you are with the goofy nickname sending me e-mails everyday, who today said that Soriano had a good arm...." Kaplan reported to Kermit that the fourth anniversary is leather Soriano is a poor left fielder, because he is bad out there.  That's when I did what Kap could only dream of doing: I called the man of the goofy nickname and reported that Kaplan was ranting on Kermit. At this point, I had to lower my radio even more to hear Kermit because KAPLAN WAS SHOUTING!! (at this point, no doubt blaming Kermit and Jim Essian for the team's offensive woes).  After that, I was home, so I parked my car in the garage and went inside to talk to my wife, who had much better baseball insight than David Kaplan. She's also better looking, more interesting, would never ask Andy for his phone number, and cooks a decent meal.

Did anyone else hear Kaplan?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 17, 2009, 08:48:56 PM
Kap lost his mind during the first few minutes of SportsCentral. It nearly entered the territory of that Detroit talker who lost his mind talking about Michigan State blowing a big lead to Notre Dame a couple of years ago ("Pucker, Pucker...")...  Anyway, compared to Kap, today, here's what an Ivy Chat entry reads like:

QuoteAlfonso Soriano is a great baseball player, a great hitter, and a credit to the game. I love him. I shall never write anything bad about him.

So Kap is focusing all of his energy on Soriano, who is awful since April.  I agree with that. Kap then suggested Lou bench Soriano until Monday (if that short a time) and called for Jake Fox to be the new left fielder.

He then called out "Bad Kermit, whoever you are with the goofy nickname sending me e-mails everyday, who today said that Soriano had a good arm...." Kaplan reported to Kermit that the fourth anniversary is leather Soriano is a poor left fielder, because he is bad out there.  That's when I did what Kap could only dream of doing: I called the man of the goofy nickname and reported that Kaplan was ranting on Kermit. At this point, I had to lower my radio even more to hear Kermit because KAPLAN WAS SHOUTING!! (at this point, no doubt blaming Kermit and Jim Essian for the team's offensive woes).  After that, I was home, so I parked my car in the garage and went inside to talk to my wife, who had much better baseball insight than David Kaplan. She's also better looking, more interesting, would never ask Andy for his phone number, and cooks a decent meal.

This fringe community is really making waves lately.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »

Sadly, this is by far the best thing I've read all day.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 17, 2009, 03:19:29 PM
I no longer care if this makes me sound like Lonestar.

This team fucking blows.

Just because Lonestar overreacts to every loss doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to bitch when it is warranted. This team is playing like shit and I can't wait for Cutler season.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »

BC has a better chance of scoring each day than the Cubs do. That fucking sucks.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
After that, I was home, so I parked my car in the garage and went inside to talk to my wife, who had much better baseball insight than David Kaplan. She's also better looking, more interesting, would never ask Andy for his phone number, and cooks a decent meal.

Too late.

By the way, TJ's description finally pointed something out to me.  Because of the way Chicago Now has their blogs set up, the writers get an e-mail every time we comment.  So Kaplan thinks that we're directly e-mailing him.  The man is a fucking idiot.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »
I was wondering who she playfully calls "Desip" on the phone when I come home and she nervously says "Gottagobye." Yes, I married Jimmy Greenfield.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »
The real tragedy in the webio debacle is that we will never get to hear Ray Mancini's opinion on the Von Joshua era.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
I'm truly enjoying this Webio saga.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »
So Mike North was partying with Hernandez as far back as 1996.

Hernandez goes to jail in 1998.

North still decides to do business with the guy in 2009. So North's whole "How could I have known?!" shtick is bullshit.

If North somehow ends up getting charged with something and going to trial, this could provide months of entertainment.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 17, 2009, 06:22:21 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 17, 2009, 06:20:17 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 17, 2009, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 17, 2009, 05:52:08 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 17, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: Brownie on June 17, 2009, 05:43:37 PM
Zambrano could kick the shit out of Aaron Miles tomorrow, and I know which side of the fence all of you's will be on.

But he won't.

How anyone can be upset with the pitching is beyond me. It's been fantastic. Better than we could have hoped. Pitching ain't the problem.

It's definitely not the problem, but doesn't it seem like Dempster is starting to get Jason Marquis disease, where he gives up JUST enough runs to help the team lose?  Or is that my Dempsterhate being rekindled?

If zero earned runs is going to be JUST enough for him to get the win, there are much bigger problems than Dempster doing his Jason Marquis shtick then Dempster is absolutely nothing like Jason Marquis.

You suck.

Happy'd?

Considering that's not what I said, no, not really.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
'Mr. Hernandez (was) a "Score groupie." He would hang out at remotes and frequently called in to the station, identifying himself as "Banker Dave."'

Maybe I can sue the guy for defamation of character?  He's gonna but all of those in my profession in a bad light.