News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,162 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 18, 2009, 11:24:42 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
Quote from: RV on June 18, 2009, 10:10:15 AM
So Mike North was partying with Hernandez as far back as 1996.

Hernandez goes to jail in 1998.

North still decides to do business with the guy in 2009. So North's whole "How could I have known?!" shtick is bullshit.

If North somehow ends up getting charged with something and going to trial, this could provide months of entertainment awesome.

I'm still waiting for the soon-to-be unemployed Jen Patterson filing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Jiggetts for the "weiner" comment. After WGN signed off from the rain delay, I switched to CSN, which showed the 10th inning of the Cubs-Sox game in 2001 where Carlos Lee hit a grand slam in the 10th. After that was over, they went into Monsters in the Morning Primetime from the day before. I inexplicably stayed with it all the way to the "weiner" bit. Jiggets didn't just make one comment about "wait until you get finished with my weiner right here;" he made several, egging her on, "come see my weiner, etc., etc."  Kermit said a panicked camera guy panned down to a hot dog, but that's not entirely true. You see a panicked Jen Patterson put a hot dog in front of Jiggets, and that's the dog they showed (and that's why Jiggets hadn't yet consumed it). And at that point, Jiggets said, "No that's not my weiner. I never put onions on mine."

Jen, if you're out there, I'm sure I can line you up with a dream team of attorneys (and soon-to-be attorneys) who would love nothing more than to sue bothe Jiggets and North.

I seriously thought it was worse than I was remembering, so I'm glad you watched it for me.  I know my jaw dropped at whatever he said.  Literally.  I looked like a mouth-breather.

I had the presence of mind to rewind it on my DVR, and I was just going to use my phone to video the screen during that episode. Alas, I screwed that up, just snapped a still photo of the TV screen and my wife came in and changed the channel, thus erasing the Monsters.

Women ruin everything that's good in life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 18, 2009, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 18, 2009, 11:24:42 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
Quote from: RV on June 18, 2009, 10:10:15 AM
So Mike North was partying with Hernandez as far back as 1996.

Hernandez goes to jail in 1998.

North still decides to do business with the guy in 2009. So North's whole "How could I have known?!" shtick is bullshit.

If North somehow ends up getting charged with something and going to trial, this could provide months of entertainment awesome.

I'm still waiting for the soon-to-be unemployed Jen Patterson filing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Jiggetts for the "weiner" comment. After WGN signed off from the rain delay, I switched to CSN, which showed the 10th inning of the Cubs-Sox game in 2001 where Carlos Lee hit a grand slam in the 10th. After that was over, they went into Monsters in the Morning Primetime from the day before. I inexplicably stayed with it all the way to the "weiner" bit. Jiggets didn't just make one comment about "wait until you get finished with my weiner right here;" he made several, egging her on, "come see my weiner, etc., etc."  Kermit said a panicked camera guy panned down to a hot dog, but that's not entirely true. You see a panicked Jen Patterson put a hot dog in front of Jiggets, and that's the dog they showed (and that's why Jiggets hadn't yet consumed it). And at that point, Jiggets said, "No that's not my weiner. I never put onions on mine."

Jen, if you're out there, I'm sure I can line you up with a dream team of attorneys (and soon-to-be attorneys) who would love nothing more than to sue bothe Jiggets and North.

I seriously thought it was worse than I was remembering, so I'm glad you watched it for me.  I know my jaw dropped at whatever he said.  Literally.  I looked like a mouth-breather.

I had the presence of mind to rewind it on my DVR, and I was just going to use my phone to video the screen during that episode. Alas, I screwed that up, just snapped a still photo of the TV screen and my wife came in and changed the channel, thus erasing the Monsters.

Women ruin everything that's good in life save men from poking out their eyes with a ball point pen and puncturing their eardrums after too much bad programming.

She turned on Food Network or some other stuff, and it improved the quality of my life. Trust me.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 09:46:34 AM
Since I'm enjoying this thread more when it focuses on David Hernandez and Webio, let's talk about another one of Andy's friends: Tom Shaer. He got hosed by Hernandez in the '90s, and he still considers Mike North a "friend." So when his friend says "I'm about to sink my old hot dog fortune into this business venture with Hernandez," Shaer decides it's best to keep his mouth shut.

North is angry at Shaer, but again, if Shaer met Hernandez through North, did business with Hernandez and then saw Hernandez go to jail, why wouldn't North have noticed?

Finally, Cortez Trotter was hired by Hernandez to do some management consulting for the webio in April.

I think this may have been my favorite part of the Shaer article:

QuoteMr. Shaer decided to call the FBI agent who dealt with him in the 1990s.

"I asked if he knew anything about Hernandez's latest ventures," Mr. Shaer said. "He said he didn't. He told me sometimes people do turn their lives around and do legitimate work."

I know it's probably not the case, but I like to think that not only did Shaer not tip off North, but he inadvertently tipped off the FBI to the whole thing.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 18, 2009, 11:56:55 AM
I think this may have been my favorite part of the Shaer article:
The best part of the North article was when North said in his e-mail:

QuoteThis is my last statement involving this matter. Don't call, don't write, don't bother. Start concentrating on the real story.

That's it.  The end of the letter.

Not including...

Quote"I know how the business works and I helped you guys out. But the North trial is over.

"You are missing some big fishes because of who I am. I understand this, but all we care about is the people who worked for us

"Thanks for caring, thanks for writing, now on to the real story."
Sherman is missing the big fishes because of "who Mike is"?  An ex-hot dog stand owner, high school dropout who used a 50,000 watt clear channel frequency for many years to make racist statements?

Question for Mr. North: Who are the "big fishes" we are missing?  Why are you not forthcoming with their names?  Have you brought their names forward to the FBI?  Has the FBI contacted you about the "big fishes"?

The North Trial hasn't even started.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:04 PM »
The big fishes are all the bankers. David the Banker, Chuck the Banker, etc. North and Chet know how to spell money, you know.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
*gets on knees*

Oh, dear Lord, Blessed Saviour...

I don't ask for much, but I'm asking for this...

Please, even before world peace, let Lenny Dykstra become part of this story.

Amen.

Oh, and thanks for Keeley. Nice work you did there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 18, 2009, 12:39:48 PM

Not even Lenny is dumb enough to put that much cheddar into an internet radio outfit.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 18, 2009, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 18, 2009, 12:39:48 PM

Not even Lenny is dumb enough to put that much cheddar into an internet radio outfit.

Maybe they bought some ads in Players Club.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »
Apparently, yesterday on the "let's build a statue for Santo" crapfest, Roe Conn was interviewing North.  North had this quality nugget:

"The only thing I know about are victimless crimes, like DUIs." 

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »
THE CUBS SCORED A RUN.  YAY.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 18, 2009, 03:03:11 PM

How you ask? On a FC followed up by a double play.

Awesome!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 18, 2009, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: morpheus on June 18, 2009, 03:03:11 PM

How you ask? On a FC followed up by a double play.

Awesome!

Striking fear into the hearts of opposing pitchers everywhere.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
I'm just glad that all of these changes Lou said he would make are paying off today.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

Just wait until the Cubs get Dany Heatley.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »
It was asked earlier:

Q -- Why was someone listening to David Kaplan?

A -- The same reason you are replying to his columns.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87