News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,159 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
DLEE AND HAN SOTO
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 18, 2009, 03:37:29 PM
DLEE AND HAN SOTO

Party like it's not this year.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: June 18, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
If the Cubs are only going to score 5 runs per week, might as well get them all in one game so there's a chance to win, right?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: June 18, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on June 18, 2009, 03:21:32 PM
It was asked earlier:

Q -- Why was someone listening to David Kaplan?

A -- The same reason you are replying to his columns.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.

I do it for material.  He's a gift that way.
Hire Jim Essian!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:19 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 09:46:34 AM
Since I'm enjoying this thread more when it focuses on David Hernandez and Webio, let's talk about another one of Andy's friends: Tom Shaer. He got hosed by Hernandez in the '90s, and he still considers Mike North a "friend." So when his friend says "I'm about to sink my old hot dog fortune into this business venture with Hernandez," Shaer decides it's best to keep his mouth shut.

North is angry at Shaer, but again, if Shaer met Hernandez through North, did business with Hernandez and then saw Hernandez go to jail, why wouldn't North have noticed?

Finally, Cortez Trotter was hired by Hernandez to do some management consulting for the webio in April.

Now Chet wants to sock Tom Shaer in the kisser.

QuoteWho knew what about accused Ponzi schemer David Hernandez, and when did they know it? Former chicagosportswebio.com hosts Mike North and Chet Coppock have responded harshly to fellow Chicago media personality Tom Shaer's comments that he was aware of Hernandez's 1998 embezzlement conviction. Coppock on Thursday told the Danny Mac Show on WSCR AM-670 that he would punch Shaer in the face for withholding that information from him, North and other former Shaer colleagues allegedly duped by Hernandez. You can hear Coppock's interview with WSCR host Dan McNeil and Shaer's response at chicagotribune.com/webio.

One can only hope this plays out as favorably as Chet's last round of public fisticuffs did.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Look, Shaer is a tool, as those of you who remember my story about him trying to pay for a shoeshine with $100 bill can attest.

But the fact that North and Chet think that it's his fault that they got Ponzi'd is ridiculous.  You go into business with somebody and you are the one who needs to do the due diligence not somebody else.

I don't for a minute don't believe that North didn't know this whole thing wasn't on the up and up.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2009, 10:16:48 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 19, 2009, 10:10:28 AM
I don't for a minute don't believe that North didn't know this whole thing wasn't on the up and up.
Oh, I dunno.  North is pretty stupid.  There's a reasonable probability that he saw a chance to "enhance the North-to-North brand" with something new and noteworthy and there was this guy willing to finance it.  I'd say North not bothering to check out the background of someone pimping his ego is very possible

Then again, I wouldn't put it past North that he's a crook, too.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 19, 2009, 10:16:48 AM
Oh, I dunno.  North is pretty stupid.  There's a reasonable probability that he saw a chance to "enhance the North-to-North brand" with something new and noteworthy and there was this guy willing to finance it.  I'd say North not bothering to check out the background of someone pimping his ego is very possible

So he's either an idiot, or a crook. This is awesome.

I felt kind of bad for the lower level employees at first, because I've worked for a shady company that had missing money and paychecks bouncing, but they went to work for this moron. If the idea wasn't bad enough, having North in charge should have been a red flag.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »

I think Hernandez was pumping up North's ego because he knew he could get as much money as he wanted because North really is pretty stupid.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 19, 2009, 10:44:56 AM

I think Hernandez was pumping up North's ego because he knew he could get as much money as he wanted because North really is pretty stupid.

North is stupid and greedy. Every con artist's wet dream.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 18, 2009, 04:09:10 PM
Quote from: Simmer on June 18, 2009, 03:21:32 PM
It was asked earlier:

Q -- Why was someone listening to David Kaplan?

A -- The same reason you are replying to his columns.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.

I do it for material.  He's a gift that way.

You've been (SP) declared a "goofball."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
I wonder if David Hernandez used the David Carradine Method?

QuoteFBI officials have confirmed David Hernandez is in custody after a failed suicide attempt in Normal.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2009, 08:38:29 AM »
DPD. So these knuckleheads are now 1 for 29 with RISP on the road trip, and checking in at an impressive .219 with RISP on the season. That's good for dead last in MLB, significantly worse than the DBags at .226. Looking at the last few seasons, here are the worst teams with RISP:

2008 - Reds .240
2007 - White Sox .243
2006 - Rays .240
2005 - DBags .237
2004 - Brewers .221 (Expos 2nd to last at .239)

Now, I generally don't believe in players being clutch or notclutch and all that, but this is just awful to watch. I need some statfaggoty reassurance that they're due for some hellacious regression (progression?) to at least the worst-team-in-baseball-mean of .240 or so. Because the 2004 Brewers won 67 games.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »
Statfaggoty reassurance...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=b&team=CHC&year=2009

Only 681 of their 2604 PA's have been with men in RISP, so you *could* make a sample argument.  Also, Cubs' BABIP with RISP is only .263, so there's probably some confidence that they've been unlucky as well as unskilled.  Here's a breakdown of hitting with RISP by player:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats_team.cgi?full=1&params=bases|RISP|CHC|2009|bat|AB|

They're going to get Aramis back... huge boost right there.  Hey, I'm trying to reassure that there will be some improvement as the season goes on... On a negative note, Aaron Miles sucks, but he *really* sucks when there are RISP.  In 32 PA's, a massive RISP OPS of .372. 
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:35 AM »
Even though that was ball four, I really hate watching Fukudome bat.
Hire Jim Essian!