News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,154 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #600 on: May 04, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
Sounds like Coghlan's wearing the Schierholtz Memorial Shit Hat.

I'd give him some time and platoon him while he's sucking.

It's been kind of interesting to see them struggle lately and also to watch us all flip out about losing 2 of 3 to Milwaukee. They're going to have worse stretches than this and in years where they have higher expectations.

Anyway, this 4 gamer with the birds is gonna be nuts. I hope it's hot as fuck in St. Louis and this ends up being the Cubs' national awakening type thing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: May 04, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 04, 2015, 01:31:38 PM
Anyway, this 4 gamer with the birds is gonna be nuts. I hope it's hot as fuck in St. Louis and this ends up being the Cubs' national awakening type thing.

Mid-80s all week. Bryant's definitely going to smack his first dong, provided it doesn't get bogged down in the heavy, shit-saturated air.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: May 04, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

Mid-80s all week. Bryant's definitely going to smack his first dong, provided it doesn't get bogged down in the heavy, shit-saturated air.

God I hope. I hope Bryant rains death upon them and Jorge Soler goes off for another multi-homer game and the BFIBB twitter feed blows up with a bunch of bitching about that flashy Cuban and his big fucking chains and I hope I get a chance to puff my chest and repeat Len Kasper's "well, get used to him" line from last year over and over.

But I'm also afraid that red hot Cardinals pitching staff continues this nasty slump the offense is in and they drop 3 of 4 or whatever and the actual "sky is falling" crowd will resurface.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: May 04, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 04, 2015, 01:40:54 PM

God I hope. I hope Bryant rains death upon them and Jorge Soler goes off for another multi-homer game and the BFIBB twitter feed blows up with a bunch of bitching about that flashy Cuban and his big fucking chains and I hope I get a chance to puff my chest and repeat Len Kasper's "well, get used to him" line from last year over and over.

But I'm also afraid that red hot Cardinals pitching staff continues this nasty slump the offense is in and they drop 3 of 4 or whatever and the actual "sky is falling" crowd will resurface.

Buck up, lil' camper.  They're gonna punch the fucking Cardinals right in the damn mouf this week. /joyful positive
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: May 04, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »

Forget about the Brewers. We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: May 04, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2015, 01:47:14 PM

Forget about the Brewers. We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Believe in the stars? It's like it doesn't even mean anything anymore.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: May 04, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
I'm actually still waiting for my FORK APPROVED list of players to hate on the 2015 Cubs.

So far we've ruled out Coghlan (what did you expect?), Ross (not his fault he's on the roster chap), and Schlitter (looks too much like Slaky or something).

Does that just leave Edwin Jackson or what?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: May 04, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2015, 01:47:14 PM

Also I lol'd hard at this.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 04, 2015, 02:00:29 PM
I'm actually still waiting for my FORK APPROVED list of players to hate on the 2015 Cubs.

So far we've ruled out Coghlan (what did you expect?), Ross (not his fault he's on the roster chap), and Schlitter (looks too much like Slaky or something).

Edwin Jackson has actually been good so far.

I definitely hated Brian Schlitter the most so far this season. But he's in Iowa.

Perhaps the Cubs don't have any hateable players at the moment. That's a possibility you might want to consider.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 04, 2015, 02:05:02 PM

Edwin Jackson has actually been good so far.

I definitely hated Brian Schlitter the most so far this season. But he's in Iowa.

Perhaps the Cubs don't have any hateable players at the moment. That's a possibility you might want to consider.

Unless they were sitting at 23-0, this is never, ever right.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: May 04, 2015, 02:06:11 PM »

Outside of the 1 high-leverage situation in which he shit the tub, EJax has been able to eat some mop-up innings, so there's that.

Also Schlitter's not on the big-league club so take him off the list.

Not sure if there's anybody else we can hate besides Coghlan and Ross.  I'm so confused right now.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: May 04, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 04, 2015, 02:06:11 PM

Outside of the 1 high-leverage situation in which he shit the tub, EJax has been able to eat some mop-up innings, so there's that.

Also Schlitter's not on the big-league club so take him off the list.

Not sure if there's anybody else we can hate besides Coghlan and Ross.  I'm so confused right now.

I'm happy there are so few hateworthy candidates, mind you, but this team is nowhere near good enough that we can just sit here, not hating anyone. This ain't Canada. Coghlan and Ross can stick it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: May 04, 2015, 02:14:03 PM »
Also one other possible solution to the Coghlan problem if he keeps sucking is to hope that when La Stella comes back he could play a passable 3rd till whenever/if ever Javy is ready and they could stick Bryant in LF. La Stella is guy whose one talent seems to be getting on base at a pretty good clip, so that'd be a nice guy to stick in the 9 hole.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: May 04, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »

At higher humidity, balls travel further as air is less dense. http://theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/260/index.html

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: May 04, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
I'm good with a Coghlan firebarn.  I'm on board, SKO.  Let's hate!