News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The David Price It's Gonna Hai Thread  ( 7,865 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The David Price It's Gonna Hai Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 23, 2015, 03:09:22 PM
Detroit probably should sell given how they've left their farm barren for years trying to win now and the window is closing, and I'm sure people have reached out to them about Price. I can't buy that he's getting traded till it actually happens, though. They're 3 back in the wildcard, and all the owner wants is a world series before he dies. I have a hard time seeing him give up on this one.

If it happens I'll be over the fucking moon.

So they probably should sell, except that they probably shouldn't, but you won't believe it until you see it then when you see it you'll be happy, but it probably will happen but it won't happen b/c the owner is the only owner that wants to win a world series?  Cool. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 23, 2015, 03:14:19 PM
Detroit probably should sell given how they've left their farm barren for years trying to win now and the window is closing, and I'm sure people have reached out to them about Price. I can't buy that he's getting traded till it actually happens, though. They're 3 back in the wildcard, and all the owner wants is a world series before he dies. I have a hard time seeing him give up on this one.

So they probably should sell, except that they probably shouldn't, but you won't believe it until you see it then when you see it you'll be happy, but it probably will happen but it won't happen b/c the owner is the only owner that wants to win a world series?  Cool.  

Actually literally nothing I said contradicts itself. The Tigers should sell, because they are full of aging, overpaid players with no farm system behind them. I don't believe they will sell, because they're only 3 back and the owner wants to win above all else, and as he's old as shit and the team's immediate future after this season looks kinda grim, I doubt he'll give up on this chance to compete.

But while I really don't think it will happen, I'd be happy if it did?

Reading, it's fundamental.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 23, 2015, 03:16:17 PM

So they probably should sell, except that they probably shouldn't, but you won't believe it until you see it then when you see it you'll be happy, but it probably will happen but it won't happen b/c the owner is the only owner that wants to win a world series?  Cool.  

Actually literally nothing I said contradicts itself. The Tigers should sell, because they are full of aging, overpaid players with no farm system behind them. I don't believe they will sell, because they're only 3 back and the owner wants to win above all else, and as he's old as shit and the team's immediate future after this season looks kinda grim, I doubt he'll give up on this chance to compete.

It's not that you're contradicting yourself, it's that you're just saying nothing.

We get it, you're bored in Iowa and VERY interested in the Cubes now.  But give the blue new button clickers a break for at least 5 min.  This ain't the shoutbox.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 23, 2015, 03:20:30 PM

It's not that you're contradicting yourself, it's that you're just saying nothing.

We get it, you're bored in Iowa and VERY interested in the Cubes now.  But give the blue new button clickers a break for at least 5 min.  This ain't the shoutbox.

I'm sure as always everyone appreciates your valued contribution of only posting to bitch about me posting. Then again, if it keeps you from actually giving your *shudder* "thoughts" on something, I probably am doing everyone a favor.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

We get it, you're bored in Iowa and VERY interested in the Cubes now.  But give the blue new button clickers a break for at least 5 min.  This ain't the shoutbox.

I don't care if it's just SKO talking to himself, I fucking live for those blue buttons and am sad when I don't see them so step the hell off.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 07:28:32 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 23, 2015, 04:07:25 PM

I don't care if it's just SKO talking to himself, I fucking live for those blue buttons and am sad when I don't see them so step the hell off.

Seconded.

Also, if the Cubs get Price with McKinney as the main piece I may literally shit my pants.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 23, 2015, 07:28:32 PM

Seconded.

Also, if the Cubs get Price with McKinney as the main piece I may literally shit my pants.

Kaplan says the Cubs are definitely after Hamels but the Tigers still haven't put Price on the block. Tool that he is, he's a well connected tool so I'm going to believe him on this one.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »

Seconded.

Same here.  But, I'm conflicted.  SKO should know that he doesn't have to answer every post that doesn't agree with his opinion.  I mean, just because IAN wants to defend Herrera, does SKO really have to answer that?  He already made it clear that Herrera sucks (he does).  So what if someone wants to defend him?  I mean, does SKO think that we'll all (or, if I should just speak for myself, I) will read IAN's short comment about being the only asshole to defend Herrera and think, "Yeah! Play Herrera more!"  I just don't get it.  I mean, it's OK to just pick your battles.

But, on the other hand, it is rather entertaining.  So, whatever.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 23, 2015, 07:48:41 PM

Seconded.

Same here.  But, I'm conflicted.  SKO should know that he doesn't have to answer every post that doesn't agree with his opinion.  I mean, just because IAN wants to defend Herrera, does SKO really have to answer that?  He already made it clear that Herrera sucks (he does).  So what if someone wants to defend him?  I mean, does SKO think that we'll all (or, if I should just speak for myself, I) will read IAN's short comment about being the only asshole to defend Herrera and think, "Yeah! Play Herrera more!"  I just don't get it.  I mean, it's OK to just pick your battles.

I should probably put this in the "I admit it" thread but I refresh looking for blue buttons at a psychotic rate (usually at work).
Don't ever change morans.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 07:32:00 AM »

Seconded.

SKO is a well spoken young man and he is fairly intelligent on most Cubs topics and in no way am I picking battles with him, but once I do post something like "am I the only asshole that will defend Herrera" I pretty much can expect a deluge from him. But, like most of you, I love the conversation here and I refresh for blue buttons all the time. But, just like me saying I'll momentarily defend Jonathan Herrera, let's also not forget that for all TDubbs' neanderthal stick poking, he hath a point.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 24, 2015, 07:32:00 AM

Seconded.

SKO is a well spoken young man and he is fairly intelligent on most Cubs topics and in no way am I picking battles with him, but once I do post something like "am I the only asshole that will defend Herrera" I pretty much can expect a deluge from him. But, like most of you, I love the conversation here and I refresh for blue buttons all the time. But, just like me saying I'll momentarily defend Jonathan Herrera, let's also not forget that for all TDubbs' neanderthal stick poking, he hath a point.

Is that point "ignore that nerd and look at me"? Because that's the only point he's had on here for about 5 years running now.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »

On hold until November.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 30, 2015, 03:22:22 PM

On hold until November.

They don't have to give up their first round pick for him anymore

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 07:26:59 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 30, 2015, 03:33:39 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 30, 2015, 03:22:22 PM

On hold until November.

They don't have to give up their first round pick for him anymore

Man is it gonna suck when he signs with the Cardinals for $1 billion. the Cardinals outbid us. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »
Bump.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16