News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 10 year, just think what else we could have been doing threadzobeanz.  ( 2,719 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ten years ago today, a colossal blunder was made that would have huge negative impact on the lives of a handful of Midwest morans (and one Belgian).  I refer, of course, to Dolan setting up the Desipio Messageboard.  First to join on that fateful day were Dolan himself and Karry Ling (natch), closely followed by, amongst others, Chuck (always near the front of the queue when wrong is being handed out), CFiHP, TJ, Kelly Dwyer and CT.  The next day, late to the party as ever, came such luminaries as BC, me, Hawk, Huey, Dubbs, Oleg and Shooter.  The rest, as they say, is probably best forgotten, actually.

Since that day I have travelled three times to Chicago at a cost of many thousands of Australian groats, spent around four months actively logged on to the board (and I know I'm nowhere near the head of that Slaklist), and generally pissed away what could have been a useful and productive ten years, swapping tired insults with a load of Illinois goons, in-joking myself half to death, and Googling Wheezer's posts.

Along the way we've had the delights of such, ahem, "characters" as Carloszno1fan, Paul Popovich, Doc, The Uncouth Sloth, Weebs and everybody's favourite troll, Paul Tanner.  helloWorld has been drunk a lot.  We've managed to almost completely avoid racial, social or cultural diversity, and to scare off the very small minority of women who ever blundered unsuspectingly through the doors (Laura, smg, carloszno1fan).  Indeed, were it not for Apex and Yeti, we'd be the whitest, middle classest bunch of Catholic-Jewish college boy accountants and lawyers in the World.

And yet... well, and yet nothing.  Fuck youse guys, I want my decade back.  Can we close down the board now?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 10 year, just think what else we could have been doing threadzobeanz.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:38:42 AM »
Shut up, Paul. You're a douche.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 10 year, just think what else we could have been doing threadzobeanz.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:21 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 17, 2014, 02:18:42 AM
Ten years ago today, a colossal blunder was made that would have huge negative impact on the lives of a handful of Midwest morans (and one Belgian).  I refer, of course, to Dolan setting up the Desipio Messageboard.  First to join on that fateful day were Dolan himself and Karry Ling (natch), closely followed by, amongst others, Chuck (always near the front of the queue when wrong is being handed out), CFiHP, TJ, Kelly Dwyer and CT.  The next day, late to the party as ever, came such luminaries as BC, me, Hawk, Huey, Dubbs, Oleg and Shooter.  The rest, as they say, is probably best forgotten, actually.

Since that day I have travelled three times to Chicago at a cost of many thousands of Australian groats, spent around four months actively logged on to the board (and I know I'm nowhere near the head of that Slaklist), and generally pissed away what could have been a useful and productive ten years, swapping tired insults with a load of Illinois goons, in-joking myself half to death, and Googling Wheezer's posts.

Along the way we've had the delights of such, ahem, "characters" as Carloszno1fan, Paul Popovich, Doc, The Uncouth Sloth, Weebs and everybody's favourite troll, Paul Tanner.  helloWorld has been drunk a lot.  We've managed to almost completely avoid racial, social or cultural diversity, and to scare off the very small minority of women who ever blundered unsuspectingly through the doors (Laura, smg, carloszno1fan).  Indeed, were it not for Apex and Yeti, we'd be the whitest, middle classest bunch of Catholic-Jewish college boy accountants and lawyers in the World.

And yet... well, and yet nothing.  Fuck youse guys, I want my decade back.  Can we close down the board now?

Not to mention all of the billable hours lost.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck