News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: In order to keep things simple let's just open a new topic titled: "Arizona"  ( 15,422 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Say what you want about the team, but Mr. Met is awesome.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 21, 2013, 07:41:33 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 05:46:46 AM
Have you guys been seeing the new BP caps?  There are some absolute crackers in there: DET Road, SD, either of the MIL (but especially the alternate), KC, HOU, CIN Home, BAL and OAK are all really nice.  Even the Cubs one isn't bad - I never had a problem with the red bill on the road caps and I quite like the white "C".

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=19443316&cp=&view=all

Mets, Phillies, A's, Rays, Jays, O's and Braves all look great to me. The Cubs one looks like something Rah Rah would wear.

I'm trying to decide if you mean this as a good thing or a bad thing.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on February 21, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
Have you guys been seeing the new BP caps?  There are some absolute crackers in there: DET Road, SD, either of the MIL (but especially the alternate), KC, HOU, CIN Home, BAL and OAK are all really nice.  Even the Cubs one isn't bad - I never had a problem with the red bill on the road caps and I quite like the white "C".

Mets, Phillies, A's, Rays, Jays, O's and Braves all look great to me. The Cubs one looks like something Rah Rah would wear.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 21, 2013, 09:15:45 AM

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on February 21, 2013, 09:17:44 AM

Needs a couple things. At least.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on February 21, 2013, 09:17:44 AM

I don't know who these people are or what they do, but I'm going out on a limb here and saying they suck at it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
So, beyond my confusion of this thread for hats, I guess I'm going to have a hard time buying regular non-flatbill hats this year. That's fun.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 10:18:15 AM
So, beyond my confusion of this thread for hats, I guess I'm going to have a hard time buying regular non-flatbill hats this year. That's fun.

Serious question from someone who hasn't bought a new hat in a long time.

Are those flatbill hats made so that you can't "sculpt" them anymore into a rounded brim?

In the olden days (before pre-shaped hats) we used to just break them in, are the new ones designed so you can't do that, because flat is the new style? 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 10:52:54 AM

Are those flatbill hats made so that you can't "sculpt" them anymore into a rounded brim?

In the olden days (before pre-shaped hats) we used to just break them in, are the new ones designed so you can't do that, because flat is the new style? 

They make the Franchise style, which comes with a pre-sculpt, but you can still break in a standard hat; they just come flat from the manufacturer.

Source - I assisted with an election at their Derby plant in New York.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 21, 2013, 10:56:19 AM

They make the Franchise style, which comes with a pre-sculpt, but you can still break in a standard hat; they just come flat from the manufacturer.

I think every New Era fitted cap I ever bought came with a flat brim that I subsequently shaped.  This is nothing new, Pen.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 11:07:08 AM

I think every New Era fitted cap I ever bought came with a flat brim that I subsequently shaped.  This is nothing new, Pen.

That was my question - since the style now is to wear it flat, I was wondering if the new brims were made differently to keep them flat and not shapeable.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Did you leave the stickers on?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 11:15:56 AM

Did you leave the stickers on?

I admit - I do leave the small, round, shiny silver "authentic mlb" sticker on.  But I take the others off.  I'm a bit old and white to be fly.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 11:14:33 AM

That was my question - since the style now is to wear it flat, I was wondering if the new brims were made differently to keep them flat and not shapeable.

The internets on messageboards like this very one are telling me that they are made differently then the older ones that came flat-brimmed until people curved them. Who knows, though? Flatbrim hats are queer /simplemindedsmalltownyeti

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 11:32:45 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 11:14:33 AM

The internets on messageboards like this very one are telling me that they are made differently then the older ones that came flat-brimmed until people curved them. Who knows, though? Flatbrim hats are queer /simplemindedsmalltownyeti

I don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement on that around here.  Maybe from Apex, but he's black and can get away with it.