News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Electronic Devices  ( 15,401 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Electronic Devices
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 05, 2012, 12:01:21 PM
I currently have a model extremely similar to this one. It worked pretty well, but it recently bit the dust after 3 years, plus times falling on my hardwood floor. I've been thinking of upgrading to something of this regard.

Two questions: Have any of you used both or either of these remotes from Logitech? And, should I look at any certain brands beyond Logitech?

Did you check the Philippines?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
I currently have a model extremely similar to this one. It worked pretty well, but it recently bit the dust after 3 years, plus times falling on my hardwood floor. I've been thinking of upgrading to something of this regard.

Two questions: Have any of you used both or either of these remotes from Logitech? And, should I look at any certain brands beyond Logitech?

At my last job, we used the second one you linked (the black one) to run all our AV (TV, DirecTV, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, Mac Mini, etc.) and they were badass. 
I spoke with our tech company there and they said that this was all they used because they were vastly superior to the competition.

Not sure what else is out there, but the second one you linked is badass (though programming takes a bit of time up front)
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2012, 02:12:59 PM

I spoke with our tech company there and they said that this was all they used because they were vastly superior to the competition.

...and they gave the best kickback.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2012, 02:12:59 PM

At my last job, we used the second one you linked (the black one) to run all our AV (TV, DirecTV, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, Mac Mini, etc.) and they were badass. 

Not sure what else is out there, but the second one you linked is badass (though programming takes a bit of time up front)

I went in to buy the second one, but Best Buy didn't have the non-RF capable version. I didn't feel like leaving without one, so I "had" to get something. A logitech 900 (which is like the one you mentioned) for $240, or this one for the same price. I ended up opting for the second and the setup was about an hour, but it's pretty badass.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »
AMC is back on Dish. /reinstated tailwind

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/03/verizon_nude_pics_theft/

QuoteTwo Verizon staffers are under indictment for allegedly stealing nude photographs from an attractive female customer's phone and passing them around.

According to the gendarmes, the two men worked at a Verizon store in Bartow, Florida, where one, Joshua Stuart, 24, helped a nubile local waitress transfer her data from her old handset to a new smartphone. Unbeknownst to her, he also took a copy of some of the pictures from the phone's memory for his personal perusal, it's alleged, as well as for a colleague.

The theft only came to light when another customer, a local bartender, came into the store for an upgrade. Stuart asked if he knew any of the local waitresses and offered to show him "banging pictures" of the woman. When he couldn't find them on his computer, he called over a coworker, Gregory Lampert, 26, who had them on his phone.

What the two store employees didn't know was that the man was a friend of the woman in question, and he wasted no time in letting her know what was going on. He then contacted the police after discussing the situation with her.

According to the police report the woman described the photos as "very private in nature and several depict her breasts and vagina." She also positively IDed the two Verizon employees involved and said that she had not given consent for any information to be copied.

Both parties involved here sound super smart.

Bonus quote:

QuoteIn the experience of this El Reg hack, this kind of thing is nothing new. Workers in the photographic development department of my local Boots were famed for the shoebox of candid prints that had been run off from a customer's film. The Verizon pair are simply doing the same thing digitally.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 03, 2012, 11:12:37 AM

QuoteTwo Verizon staffers are under indictment for allegedly stealing nude photographs from an attractive female customer's phone and passing them around.

According to the gendarmes, the two men worked at a Verizon store in Bartow, Florida, where one, Joshua Stuart, 24, helped a nubile local waitress transfer her data from her old handset to a new smartphone. Unbeknownst to her, he also took a copy of some of the pictures from the phone's memory for his personal perusal, it's alleged, as well as for a colleague.

The theft only came to light when another customer, a local bartender, came into the store for an upgrade. Stuart asked if he knew any of the local waitresses and offered to show him "banging pictures" of the woman. When he couldn't find them on his computer, he called over a coworker, Gregory Lampert, 26, who had them on his phone.

What the two store employees didn't know was that the man was a friend of the woman in question, and he wasted no time in letting her know what was going on. He then contacted the police after discussing the situation with her.

According to the police report the woman described the photos as "very private in nature and several depict her breasts and vagina." She also positively IDed the two Verizon employees involved and said that she had not given consent for any information to be copied.

Bonus quote:

QuoteIn the experience of this El Reg hack, this kind of thing is nothing new. Workers in the photographic development department of my local Boots were famed for the shoebox of candid prints that had been run off from a customer's film. The Verizon pair are simply doing the same thing digitally.

We get it, your shoebox is only for select clientele.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 03, 2012, 02:03:44 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 03, 2012, 11:12:37 AM

Bonus quote:

We get it, your shoebox is only for select clientele.

Do you like looking at banging pictures of guys squirting it?

(If so, TDubbs knows a guy you can talk to.)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »
If anyone has an extra verizon cell phone they aren't using, I might be interested in purchasing said phone because walking into a pool with a cell phone is not good for it. I have it in rice now, but I figured I'd put out feelers in case she doesn't turn back on

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 27, 2013, 09:53:27 AM
If anyone has an extra verizon cell phone they aren't using, I might be interested in purchasing said phone because walking into a pool with a cell phone is not good for it. I have it in rice now, but I figured I'd put out feelers in case she doesn't turn back on

I have an old Droid X if you want it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »

They already have rice in the Philippines, Yeti.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 08:15:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 27, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

I have an old Droid X if you want it.

I would have taken you up on this, but I found out that verizon's phone insurance covers water damage. I recall being told a phone of mine wouldn't be covered when it was water damaged years ago, so that's why I assumed I was fucked. Luckily for the world, I have a new phone being shipped to me today.

Thanks, Gil.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 03, 2013, 12:33:15 PM
If you're going to use Skype for testimony at the highest-profile trial in years, you should probably know the first thing about Skype first.  Nice lawyering.

Not specifically to this particular fuck up by the prosecution but to the totality of them.
Judge Nelson order a directed verdict please.

And yes, I know it's not going to hai.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 03, 2013, 04:24:55 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 03, 2013, 12:33:15 PM
If you're going to use Skype for testimony at the highest-profile trial in years, you should probably know the first thing about Skype first.  Nice lawyering.

Not specifically to this particular fuck up by the prosecution but to the totality of them.
Judge Nelson order a directed verdict please.

And yes, I know it's not going to hai.

Not going to hai, but why should it?