News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica series  ( 42,091 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: Battlestar Galactica series
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »
I have many unresolved questions from this evening's episode.  Pretty good, but was Earth basically a jacked up planet?  Global warming?  What the hell?

I feel like tying on an Adama style binge, going three sheets to the wind, giving a hooker an Andy Dolan Special, etc, etc...   Argh.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 13, 2008, 10:05:40 PM
I have many unresolved questions from this evening's episode.  Pretty good, but was Earth basically a jacked up planet?  Global warming?  What the hell?
Hardly.  That dirt Adama was holding didn't have any plants in it. It was black.

Nuked.

That was tremendous.  And how appropriate that a 9/11 In Space story ends up in in a bombed-out NYC.

2009 until more?  Shit.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 14, 2008, 12:11:31 AM
Quote from: powen01 on June 13, 2008, 10:05:40 PM
Hardly.  That dirt Adama was holding didn't have any plants in it. It was black.

Nuked.

That was tremendous.  And how appropriate that a 9/11 In Space story ends up in in a bombed-out NYC.

2009 until more?  Shit.

Don't worry, another whiskey and I'll have figured out the time machine.  I'm taking this whole fucking website to the future.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
All this has happened before and will happen again.  Makes me think this was another "happening".
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »
I can't read this thread yet, because I just started this series (I'm through the first two discs of season 1), but I wanted to add that it is absolutely fantastic.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 10:11:24 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on June 16, 2008, 10:08:50 AM
I can't read this thread yet, because I just started this series (I'm through the first two discs of season 1), but I wanted to add that it is absolutely fantastic.

Kerm, I don't want to ruin things for you so I'm not going to tell you that Six shows her titties in the last episode.  Enjoy the rest of the show. 

Also, if you get a chance, download Razor as well.  Helps fill in some blanks for this season... 

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 10:15:32 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 16, 2008, 10:11:24 AM

Kerm, I don't want to ruin things for you so I'm not going to tell you that Six shows her titties in the last episode.  Enjoy the rest of the show. 

Also, if you get a chance, download Razor as well.  Helps fill in some blanks for this season... 

When should I watch that?  After Season 3 and before the current season?  That also reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you guys.  I think the only difference between Season 2.0 and Season 2.5 is a "director's cut" of one of the episodes.  If I rent 2.5, I won't miss anything from 2.0, right?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on June 16, 2008, 10:15:32 AM

When should I watch that?  After Season 3 and before the current season?  That also reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you guys.  I think the only difference between Season 2.0 and Season 2.5 is a "director's cut" of one of the episodes.  If I rent 2.5, I won't miss anything from 2.0, right?

I think you would be fine seeing Razor before this season.  Won't spoil anything.

As for the 2.0 vs 2.5... no idea.  Don't director's cuts usually have everything and more? 

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 16, 2008, 10:21:01 AM

I think you would be fine seeing Razor before this season.  Won't spoil anything.

As for the 2.0 vs 2.5... no idea.  Don't director's cuts usually have everything and more? 

I think so.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if that's the only difference.  It looks like Razor came out in 2007, so I think the natural order would be Season 1, Season 2.0/2.5, Season 3, Razor, Season 4.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »

2... 2.5... whatever it takes.

It really doens't matter.  You aren't going to lose anything you don't need to enjoy the show.

And Razor came out before this (current) season.  It was ok.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 10:37:38 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on June 16, 2008, 10:30:29 AM

2... 2.5... whatever it takes.

It really doens't matter.  You aren't going to lose anything you don't need to enjoy the show.

And Razor came out before this (current) season.  It was ok.

I continue to be in support of quoting Mr. Mom.

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on June 16, 2008, 10:27:41 AM

I think so.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if that's the only difference.  It looks like Razor came out in 2007, so I think the natural order would be Season 1, Season 2.0/2.5, Season 3, Razor, Season 4.

Wait, if you're talking about the difference between the dvds for Season 2.0 and 2.5, you need to rent both to get the full season of episodes. 

Putting on the geek hat:

Sci Fi showed the first half of the season (episodes 2.1 - 2.10, 2.10 being Pegasus), then waited either 3 or 6 months to show the last half of the season (2.11 - 2.20).   They issued the Season 2.0 dvds before Season 2.5 was aired.  After Season 2.5 aired, as an incentive to buy the 2.5 dvd, they included the director's cut of Pegasus on the 2.5 DVD.

So you have to watch both or you'll be completely lost in Season 3. 

Unless you were just talking about which Pegasus to watch, in which case it doesn't really matter.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
Quote from: The Big Cheese on June 19, 2008, 09:57:34 PM
Quote from: Kerm on June 16, 2008, 10:27:41 AM

Wait, if you're talking about the difference between the dvds for Season 2.0 and 2.5, you need to rent both to get the full season of episodes. 

Putting on the geek hat:

Sci Fi showed the first half of the season (episodes 2.1 - 2.10, 2.10 being Pegasus), then waited either 3 or 6 months to show the last half of the season (2.11 - 2.20).   They issued the Season 2.0 dvds before Season 2.5 was aired.  After Season 2.5 aired, as an incentive to buy the 2.5 dvd, they included the director's cut of Pegasus on the 2.5 DVD.

So you have to watch both or you'll be completely lost in Season 3. 

Unless you were just talking about which Pegasus to watch, in which case it doesn't really matter.

Shit, now I'm confused.  I have to rent all of the Season 2.0 DVDs, and then rent all of the Season 2.5 DVDs?  I thought all of the episodes (except the Pegasus director's cut) overlapped.  Does 2.0 have the first 10 episodes plus the non-director's cut of Pegasus, and then 2.5 has the last 10 episodes plus the director's cut of Pegasus?

This show is so fantastic.  I just finished disc 4 of Season 1 (Starbuck just took off to find the spear or whatever on Caprica).  I can't wait to get the next disc.

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on July 07, 2008, 03:19:37 PM
Does 2.0 have the first 10 episodes plus the non-director's cut of Pegasus, and then 2.5 has the last 10 episodes plus the director's cut of Pegasus?

Yes, this.  To watch all 20+ episodes, you need both the 2.0 & 2.5 sets.

QuoteThis show is so fantastic.  I just finished disc 4 of Season 1 (Starbuck just took off to find the spear or whatever on Caprica).  I can't wait to get the next disc.

Indeed.  I've developed bipolar feelings for the characters (Starbuck especially) depending on which season it is.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 01:08:34 PM »
Quote from: The Big Cheese on July 10, 2008, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: Kerm on July 07, 2008, 03:19:37 PM
Does 2.0 have the first 10 episodes plus the non-director's cut of Pegasus, and then 2.5 has the last 10 episodes plus the director's cut of Pegasus?

Yes, this.  To watch all 20+ episodes, you need both the 2.0 & 2.5 sets.

QuoteThis show is so fantastic.  I just finished disc 4 of Season 1 (Starbuck just took off to find the spear or whatever on Caprica).  I can't wait to get the next disc.

Indeed.  I've developed bipolar feelings for the characters (Starbuck especially) depending on which season it is.

Perfect.  Thanks a lot for the tip.  I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and Netflix failed me.  Operating under that assumption, I moved 2.0 to the top of my queue, so now I have the last disc of Season 1 and the first disc of 2.0 waiting for me at home.  Sweet.