News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica series  ( 42,083 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Battlestar Galactica series
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 17, 2009, 11:53:47 AM
Racetrack is also always helmeted.

As long as they don't invent a helmet for her ass.  Hey-o!
Hire Jim Essian!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
I think the real question is Grace Park or Ming Na....

Anyway, I'm too lazy to look up all their real names....

Six
Boomer
Athena

Racetrack
Starbuck
Callie
Ellen
Hardball
Tory
D'Anna
Roslin

Obviously, I think they're twins.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 17, 2009, 01:10:32 PM

Six
Boomer
Athena

Racetrack
Starbuck
Callie
Ellen
Hardball
Tory
D'Anna
Roslin

I'm pretty sure Hardball is a dude.

A dude with two hard balls between his legs.
Hire Jim Essian!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 17, 2009, 01:13:31 PM
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 17, 2009, 01:10:32 PM

Six
Boomer
Athena

Racetrack
Starbuck
Callie
Ellen
Hardball
Tory
D'Anna
Roslin

I'm pretty sure Hardball is a dude.

A dude with two hard balls between his legs.

Me too.  But that speaks more to the others than Hardball.  Not a fan.  I was going to go with Apollo, but thought it was too obvious.  I used to like what used to be Mary McDonnel.  Whatever is wearing her skin now is just creepy.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 17, 2009, 01:37:13 PM
Me too.  But that speaks more to the others than Hardball.  Not a fan.  I was going to go with Apollo, but thought it was too obvious.  I used to like what used to be Mary McDonnel.  Whatever is wearing her skin now is just creepy.

Agreed.  Her bald head gives ME cancer.  Cancer of the eyes.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
WARNING: Tonight's episode will run over by 11 minutes or so.  Double park your TIVO.

Link to a series retrospective.  Spoiler free on tonight's episode.
http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/03/battlestar-galactica-my-favorite.html

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 20, 2009, 11:44:14 AM
WARNING: Tonight's episode will run over by 11 minutes or so.  Double park your TIVO.

Link to a series retrospective.  Spoiler free on tonight's episode.
http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/03/battlestar-galactica-my-favorite.html

Thanks for the tip, Chuck.
Hire Jim Essian!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 17, 2009, 11:53:47 AM
Best.  Looking.  Cast.  EVER!

That Stephanie Jacobsen never fails to remind me of tortellini.  I'm fervently hoping she's killed off on T:SCC tonight.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »
Pretty good wrap up (although the DVR cut off the last 5 minutes).  I loved the Boomer flashback.  I wish the Baltar/6 visions were explained more (angels?) and the Starbuck thing really just seemed like they couldn't think of a way to tie off her arc, so they just made her go away.  Apollo should've at least looked around like "WTF?"  Loved the look on Tyrol's face when he saw the truth.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 25, 2009, 10:39:56 AM
Pretty good wrap up (although the DVR cut off the last 5 minutes).  I loved the Boomer flashback.  I wish the Baltar/6 visions were explained more (angels?) and the Starbuck thing really just seemed like they couldn't think of a way to tie off her arc, so they just made her go away.  Apollo should've at least looked around like "WTF?"  Loved the look on Tyrol's face when he saw the truth.

I liked it, too.  I thought it was pretty awesome that Tyrol single-handedly kept the Cylon War going.  Like that guy on the Star Destroyer that said, "Hold your fire.  There are no life forms aboard."  I thought it was a tad unnecessarily preachy at the very end, but I don't know how else they could have ended it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 25, 2009, 10:42:49 AM

I liked it, too.  I thought it was pretty awesome that Tyrol single-handedly kept the Cylon War going.  Like that guy on the Star Destroyer that said, "Hold your fire.  There are no life forms aboard."  I thought it was a tad unnecessarily preachy at the very end, but I don't know how else they could have ended it.
Not a big fan of the "Angels" ending.  And couldn't they have landed somewhere, like on Ionia where their religion could have become the Greek gods and also the place where modern science really began?  150,000 years?  Also, something just wrong about all of the main characters going off on their own.  What happens to Lee?  Does he ever see his dad's cabin?

Those nits aside, the bulk of the episode was terrific.  How great was that to see BSG original centurions shooting it out with modern ones.  How great was the Opera House vision leading to CIC?  How great was Chief, a cylon, simply snapping Tory's neck, another cylon, because Tory had airlocked Callie?

And how great was Mary McDonnell and Edward Olmos' last scene together in the raptor?

I think the final few eps were a let down since Zarek and Gaeta were executed.  But this show was so good, even the not so good stuff was miles better than the best of anything else.

Bring on the Blu-Ray boxed set.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2009, 11:07:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 25, 2009, 10:55:43 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 25, 2009, 10:42:49 AM

Not a big fan of the "Angels" ending.  And couldn't they have landed somewhere, like on Ionia where their religion could have become the Greek gods and also the place where modern science really began?  150,000 years?  Also, something just wrong about all of the main characters going off on their own.  What happens to Lee?  Does he ever see his dad's cabin?

Those nits aside, the bulk of the episode was terrific.  How great was that to see BSG original centurions shooting it out with modern ones.  How great was the Opera House vision leading to CIC?  How great was Chief, a cylon, simply snapping Tory's neck, another cylon, because Tory had airlocked Callie?

And how great was Mary McDonnell and Edward Olmos' last scene together in the raptor?

I think the final few eps were a let down since Zarek and Gaeta were executed.  But this show was so good, even the not so good stuff was miles better than the best of anything else.

Bring on the Blu-Ray boxed set.

You are violating Rule 10.17(c) in every way possible.  I agree with pretty much all of that.  What a fantastic show.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
And if Starbuck knew her mission was over and she was going bye-bye, why was she so sad to see Adama go?  I mean, regardless of what he did, she was going to go poof anyway. 

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 26, 2009, 09:20:03 AM
And if Starbuck knew her mission was over and she was going bye-bye, why was she so sad to see Adama go?  I mean, regardless of what he did, she was going to go poof anyway. 
The Starbuck resolution was the weakest link. How did she get from the maelstrom to Earth 1?