News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,424 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2012, 08:17:54 AM
I don't want to be that guy that overreacts to a few good performances, but it would appear that John Lucas might at least be worthy of something other than just backing up CJ Watson, no?

The Bulls are good.

If there's a team out there looking for a guy to score 20 points a game on 31 shots, he'd be a great fit. The Wizards might want him.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 12, 2012, 08:25:12 AM
I don't want to be that guy that overreacts to a few good performances, but it would appear that John Lucas might at least be worthy of something other than just backing up CJ Watson, no?

The Bulls are good.

If there's a team out there looking for a guy to score 20 points a game on 31 shots, he'd be a great fit. The Wizards might want him.

*Hangs head in shame. Never returns to discuss hoopeyball again*
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »

The Bulls are good.

Seriously.  He wouldn't stop shooting.  And he just looks weird out there.  He's always got his arms flying around and he runs weird.  But the Wizards are just awful.  What a terrible team for John Wall to be wasting his talent on.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 12, 2012, 01:22:06 PM

The Bulls are good.

Seriously.  He wouldn't stop shooting.  And he just looks weird out there.  He's always got his arms flying around and he runs weird.  But the Wizards are just awful.  What a terrible team for John Wall to be wasting his talent on.

Like all short people who play pro sports, he looks either incredibly fast or totally out of control.

He's got a serious case of the Sproles.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 12, 2012, 01:22:06 PM

The Bulls are good.

Oh, there there. Fret not. There will come a time when he'll move on and waste his talent on some other team.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 30, 2012, 05:26:13 AM
http://firejerryangelo.org/2012/01/29/calling-all-idiotic-bulls-fans-how-confident-are-you-now/

"This team is full of problems. Luol Deng is going to be an idiot and not have the surgery. Not doing this is going to worsen his condition and be a problem in the playoffs. If he gets the surgery, he will get to rest his legs and have his wrist fully healed by the start of the playoffs. Richard Hamilton is also stupid with his decision of playing despite realizing that he will better if he sits out longer with a groin injury. Joakim Noah isn't as good as people think. Omer Asik is fucking terrible. By far, the worst hands in the NBA. When he actually holds onto the ball, he continues to do this pump fake instead of just dunking the ball which results in him getting fouled and promptly missing two free throws. Fuck him.

Also, can someone tell Carlos Boozer to stop yelling at his teammates on the court? If you turn up the sound, you will hear him yelling at his teammates "Gimme Dat" while going for a rebound or "Dunk that shit" on the other side of the court. Carlos Boozer is a fucking idiot and an annoying prick on the court. How is that not a distraction to his teammates on the court? To top it all off, he is horrible at playing defense.

Who thinks the Bulls have a chance with these assholes on the team? Not me."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 30, 2012, 08:04:36 AM
Also, can someone tell Carlos Boozer to stop yelling at his teammates on the court? If you turn up the sound, you will hear him yelling at his teammates "Gimme Dat" while going for a rebound or "Dunk that shit" on the other side of the court. Carlos Boozer is a fucking idiot and an annoying prick on the court. How is that not a distraction to his teammates on the court? To top it all off, he is horrible at playing defense.

Only in FroWorld is poor defensive play secondary to being verbose in the game of basketball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
I think my favorite part was this:

QuoteFirst problem I have are the amount of dunks the Heat had. The worse one was when that piece of shit LeBron James literally jumped over John Lucas for a slam. What the fuck was that?

JESUS CHRIST JOHN LUCAS, HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT STOP LEBRON JAMES?!?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
I know this game was close and the Bulls didn't play with Deng, and that the Bulls beat the Heat during the regular season last year.
But I don't really think this team is good enough to win a series vs the Heat. Hustling and playing good defense during the regular season will win a lot of games, but all teams hustle during the playoffs. Derrick Rose still needs help, especially if him, Deng and Rip are going to play through injuries in the playoffs. Unless Wade or Lebron gets hurt. Maybe that should be Paxon's strategy, take out Lebron or Wade.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 30, 2012, 10:17:28 AM
I know this game was close and the Bulls didn't play with Deng, and that the Bulls beat the Heat during the regular season last year.
But I don't really think this team is good enough to win a series vs the Heat. Hustling and playing good defense during the regular season will win a lot of games, but all teams hustle during the playoffs. Derrick Rose still needs help, especially if him, Deng and Rip are going to play through injuries in the playoffs. Unless Wade or Lebron gets hurt. Maybe that should be Paxon's strategy, take out Lebron or Wade.

THI
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 05:22:18 AM »
I figured on Sunday, I was going to sit and watch the Bulls run over another team. Too bad the Boston Celtics are not the Charlotte Bobcats. If you check the wins and losses of this year, you will see that the Bulls are merely a .500 team when they actually play teams that are competitive. The Bulls lost by four but it wasn't even that close. Just like the game against the Heat two weeks ago, it was a Sunday afternoon and National Television and the Bulls never saw the lead. The Bulls couldn't even tie the game after it was 4-4 early on. If people think that this team is any good at all needs their head checked. They once again, lost this game because of stupid turnovers and missed free throws (seven to be exact). Other teams can miss a bunch and find a way to win like the Celtics did. The Bulls also couldn't make a shot to save their life. They were down 14 in the final minutes and somehow came back to get within three. What happens next? C.J. Fucking Watson throws up a wild three-point shot with plenty of time left on the clock and misses horribly. That guy is fucking horrible and I don't care what anybody else says. He throws up dumb shots and has a low basketball I.Q. I wish someone would hit him square in the face with a basketball. He has no business being in the NBA.

Then there's Carlos Boozer. The Bulls are better off on defense with just four guys rather than Boozer joining them. He plays zero defense. He stands three feet away from whoever he is guarding then when someone is actually close to him, he doesn't even bother to stick one of his hands up in attempt to play defense. Next up is Kyle Korver. This fucking idiot can have one outstanding game where he hits everything in site. Then for the next five games, he'll make one out of every ten shots.

For the second year in a row, I will say this: The Bulls aren't going to contend for an NBA Championship. They have too many flaws and they are now hurt in the process. Unless a miracle is out there where they all of a sudden learn how to make free throws and not be so shitty overall, they will continue to be the Orlando Magic

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 13, 2012, 05:22:18 AM
For the second year in a row, I will say this: The Bulls aren't going to contend for an NBA Championship. They have too many flaws and they are now hurt in the process. Unless a miracle is out there where they all of a sudden learn how to make free throws and not be so shitty overall, they will continue to be the Orlando Magic

On the plus side, the Bulls' free-throw defense is 4th-best in the NBA at 71.7 percent.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 13, 2012, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 13, 2012, 05:22:18 AM

On the plus side, the Bulls' free-throw defense is 4th-best in the NBA at 71.7 percent.

FOURTH ISN'T FIRST, IS IT???!!!???!!!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
I can't believe they lost on the road by a few points without their best player. Worst team ever.