News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Americans  ( 13,433 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Americans
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 08, 2013, 07:55:24 AM
Quote from: CBStew on March 07, 2013, 09:23:29 AM
A very interesting plot twist.  I can believe that a spy cell would intimidate their own if they suspect that the spies are turning.  But if the spies retaliate don't they demonstrate that they can no longer be trusted?  What now? Do they try to  run?  Do they become double agents?  Do they become even more outlaw than they already are?  (I can't imagine why they threw in the (almost) kidnapping of the kids.)

I think they just wanted to show kids the dangers of hitchhiking. The guy they found to play the creepy hitchhiker couldn't have played it more brilliantly. He was, in fact, quite creepy.

It will be interesting going forward, the mistrust between the 2 main characters. And what will happen to them after she beat the crap out of the older lady they report to. At some point, I'm guessing the FBI neighbor finds out about them and they start working as double agents.

Or double secret triple agents where the FBI neighbor thinks that they're working for him, but really they're not!
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 08, 2013, 10:57:00 AM
A very interesting plot twist.  I can believe that a spy cell would intimidate their own if they suspect that the spies are turning.  But if the spies retaliate don't they demonstrate that they can no longer be trusted?  What now? Do they try to  run?  Do they become double agents?  Do they become even more outlaw than they already are?  (I can't imagine why they threw in the (almost) kidnapping of the kids.)

I think they just wanted to show kids the dangers of hitchhiking. The guy they found to play the creepy hitchhiker couldn't have played it more brilliantly. He was, in fact, quite creepy.

It will be interesting going forward, the mistrust between the 2 main characters. And what will happen to them after she beat the crap out of the older lady they report to. At some point, I'm guessing the FBI neighbor finds out about them and they start working as double agents.

Or double secret triple agents where the FBI neighbor thinks that they're working for him, but really they're not!
Or one of them is but the other isn't but believes that the other isn't and that one believes that the other is.  My  head hurts.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 08, 2013, 11:27:18 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 08, 2013, 10:57:00 AM

Or one of them is but the other isn't but believes that the other isn't and that one believes that the other is.  My  head hurts.

If we can add a '78 Camaro and an orangutan named Viktor, this would be a ratings winner.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »
Honestly, this show is proving to be surprisingly boring.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 13, 2013, 11:32:49 PM

Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderson: "The Americans" on FX looks interesting.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 14, 2013, 11:11:04 AM

Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderson: "The Americans" on FX looks interesting.

I've never watched a minute of this show.  I did like the choice of "Eminence Front" for the commercials, however.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »
Does this involve numbers stations, or am I indifferent?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 15, 2013, 02:08:54 AM
Does this involve numbers stations, or am I indifferent?

None so far.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »

Incorrect opinion. This last episode was a bit slower but overall this has been a really good show. I guess you're just not equipped to enjoy HIGHBROW entertainment, you meatball.

<retires to office to fap to Nina>

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 15, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

Incorrect opinion. This last episode was a bit slower but overall this has been a really good show. I guess you're just not equipped to enjoy HIGHBROW entertainment, you meatball.

He doesn't even own a DVR!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »

I've watched every episode so far. But the show hasn't really grabbed me to the point where I can't wait to see what happens next week. Which is disappointing for something with such high body and side-boob-and-nude-butt counts.

How long can they really flog the "my marriage started out fake but maybe now it's real" theme?

And how many weird Yetiphile subplots should we expect when all's said and done?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 12:22:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 15, 2013, 10:48:04 AM

I've watched every episode so far. But the show hasn't really grabbed me to the point where I can't wait to see what happens next week. Which is disappointing for something with such high body and side-boob-and-nude-butt counts.

How long can they really flog the "my marriage started out fake but maybe now it's real" theme?

And how many weird Yetiphile subplots should we expect when all's said and done?

Don't sweat it.   There is no such thing as an "incorrect opinion".  Dumb, maybe, but not incorrect.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
IMHO Keri Russell bears a striking resemblance to one of the most beautiful women who ever lived, Lee Remick.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2013, 10:20:58 AM

He doesn't even own a DVR!!!

He rents?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »
Is this show going overboard?   The bad guys feel bad when they accidently kill someone.  But the "good guys" show no remorse over deliberately killing an innocent person in order to send a message?