News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,719 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 28, 2013, 10:08:14 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2013, 03:26:11 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 25, 2013, 02:57:51 PM
Quote from: morpheus on January 25, 2013, 02:39:03 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 24, 2013, 11:53:36 AM
Quote from: BH on January 24, 2013, 11:38:58 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 24, 2013, 11:16:13 AM
1. This:

2. The Bulls are three games back of Miami for the No. 1 seed in the East. Derrick Rose hasn't played one minute so far.

3. FYApex.

Agree, it's hard not to root for this team. Even boozer is likeable this year.

I feel like this team has been easy to root for ever since Thibs came.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

There are people who believe the Moon Landing was fake, the Holocaust was a myth and that James Holmes is someone they should support, and I'm not interested in hearing what any of them have to say either.

I'm pretty sure this whole thing where every thread Eli (or really any of us but Dubbs and Yeti) cares about gets taken over by Fro quotes is driving away Eli. We need Eli. He's one of the last sane people here. If he goes, than sooner or later they'll take TJ Brown. Then we'll all wonder why we did nothing about the scourge of constant Fro-links.

I've been fighting that fight for awhile now. I even spent time talking to Fro in person about being less of a waterhead and it has done little to stem the tide of the links to that ass castellan. But history will remember me as a martyr in the fight against it and I'm comfortable with that. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 28, 2013, 10:40:11 AM
1. This:

2. The Bulls are three games back of Miami for the No. 1 seed in the East. Derrick Rose hasn't played one minute so far.

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

There are people who believe the Moon Landing was fake, the Holocaust was a myth and that James Holmes is someone they should support, and I'm not interested in hearing what any of them have to say either.

I'm pretty sure this whole thing where every thread Eli (or really any of us but Dubbs and Yeti) cares about gets taken over by Fro quotes is driving away Eli. We need Eli. He's one of the last sane people here. If he goes, than sooner or later they'll take TJ Brown. Then we'll all wonder why we did nothing about the scourge of constant Fro-links.

I've been fighting that fight for awhile now. I even spent time talking to Fro in person about being less of a waterhead and it has done little to stem the tide of the links to that ass castellan. But history will remember me as a martyr in the fight against it and I'm comfortable with that. 

Fro is not the issue here, dude.

If you want to fix this problem, spend time talking to Yeti, TDubbs, BH and Morph in person. 

You're not going to solve idiocy on the internet, the point is to stem the spread of it.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 28, 2013, 12:01:11 PM
1. This:

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

If you want to fix this problem, spend time talking to Yeti, TDubbs, BH and Morph in person. 

You're not going to solve idiocy on the internet, the point is to stem the spread of it.

Penis right. Fro is insane, and I respect that. There's a purity to his ideology.

The problem is those who fail to realize that the novelty of "oh, that thing that all sane people saw as x, well here is Fro's panicked explanation of why it is actually Y and Z needs to be fired" wore off at least a year and a half go.

I'll take my fair share of the blame for spreading it in the beginning by actually fisking Fro's "11 on 11" comment, but while it's maybe humorous every now and then when he coins a new phrase that enters the lexicon of great internet stupidity, people can probably stop posting his overreactions to literally every single event, since I can, without consulting his blog, assume after every loss or near-loss or even slightly less than complete blowout victory that Fro is complaining about it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 28, 2013, 12:14:42 PM
1. This:

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

Penis right. Fro is insane, and I respect that. There's a purity to his ideology.

The problem is those who fail to realize that the novelty of "oh, that thing that all sane people saw as x, well here is Fro's panicked explanation of why it is actually Y and Z needs to be fired" wore off at least a year and a half go.

I'll take my fair share of the blame for spreading it in the beginning by actually fisking Fro's "11 on 11" comment, but while it's maybe humorous every now and then when he coins a new phrase that enters the lexicon of great internet stupidity, people can probably stop posting his overreactions to literally every single event, since I can, without consulting his blog, assume after every loss or near-loss or even slightly less than complete blowout victory that Fro is complaining about it.

See?

Even the guy who has committed his life to hunting down every one who ever said anything bad or stupid on the internet about Jay Cutler gets it.

Or maybe that's ironic? CT?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 28, 2013, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 28, 2013, 12:14:42 PM
1. This:

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

See?

Even the guy who has committed his life to hunting down every one who ever said anything bad or stupid on the internet about Jay Cutler gets it.

Or maybe that's ironic? CT?

Hell, I've given up that battle as well. I still chug that dong like no other, but I'll admit I've little rational standing left for doing so, other than, "well, he's probably still better than anyone they'd get to replace him."
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
1. This:

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

That's nice of you.

It's clear there are people who are entertained by Fro. I'm not one of them and I've been pretty vocal about that. I don't really harbor any illusions that people will stop quoting Fro, just like I'm pretty sure Desipio isn't ever returning to its once-active, more interesting self. It is what it is.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 28, 2013, 02:48:09 PM
1. This:

3. FYApex.

Some would disagree.

not clicking it

Seriously.

That's nice of you.

It's clear there are people who are entertained by Fro. I'm not one of them and I've been pretty vocal about that. I don't really harbor any illusions that people will stop quoting Fro, just like I'm pretty sure Desipio isn't ever returning to its once-active, more interesting self. It is what it is.

I'm still lol'ing at the Pistons' collective reaction to the play above. Who are they appealing to? The refs? Each other? God almighty? All of the above? The whole thing is the hoops equivalent of a soft goal dribbling past a goaltender who was in position to make the stop but never really saw the thing come bouncing by.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
So how about that Jimmy Butler? He's looking like a good sports player in the recent basketball games.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2013, 09:37:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 29, 2013, 09:21:25 AM
So how about that Jimmy Butler? He's looking like a good sports player in the recent basketball games.

He's gouda.  It's weird how you can tell he's young compared to the rest of the current team.  He just looks faster and seems like he can jump higher.  His attitude is why I like him.  He doesn't say shit and just wins baby.  If he were to be their 6th man this year, and then slide into the 2/3 spot next year after Rip is gone, that'd be awesome.  Hopefully he works on his jumper in the offseason and can be more of a force off a screen or the dribble.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 29, 2013, 09:37:37 AM

He's gouda.  It's weird how you can tell he's young compared to the rest of the current team.  He just looks faster and seems like he can jump higher.  His attitude is why I like him.  He doesn't say shit and just wins baby.  If he were to be their 6th man this year, and then slide into the 2/3 spot next year after Rip is gone, that'd be awesome.  Hopefully he works on his jumper in the offseason and can be more of a force off a screen or the dribble.

Fro quote?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »

David Axelrod agrees.

Quote from: @davidaxelrod
Second year man Jimmy Butler is emerging as a real player for the Bulls, which could make a real difference come playoff time.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

Jimmy is bored by this post and the game of basketball and everything else.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 31, 2013, 10:09:01 AM

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2013, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 31, 2013, 10:09:01 AM

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:17 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-could-without-4-starters-171757511--nba.html

Injuries are nagging the Bulls in a bad way right now. No shit, right? Their best player's been out for nine months. But I have wondered how their dogged in-game pace would affect the health of the players late in the season. The nicks and scrapes occurring right now may not hinder them a month from now. And they can actually afford to rest guys with their playoff qualification looking like a cinch.

But it is possible that the way they have to play night in and night out will take a toll too heavy to overcome in the next few months. We will see how this shit plays out.