News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,635 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 04, 2013, 03:39:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-could-without-4-starters-171757511--nba.html

Injuries are nagging the Bulls in a bad way right now. No shit, right? Their best player's been out for nine months. But I have wondered how their dogged in-game pace would affect the health of the players late in the season. The nicks and scrapes occurring right now may not hinder them a month from now. And they can actually afford to rest guys with their playoff qualification looking like a cinch.

But it is possible that the way they have to play night in and night out will take a toll too heavy to overcome in the next few months. We will see how this shit plays out.

The bulls have had a different starting lineup every night. Although noble that they are competing at the level they are, with rose they are still a team that gets beat in the first or second round of the playoffs. Yay?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 05, 2013, 03:35:51 PM

Injuries are nagging the Bulls in a bad way right now. No shit, right? Their best player's been out for nine months. But I have wondered how their dogged in-game pace would affect the health of the players late in the season. The nicks and scrapes occurring right now may not hinder them a month from now. And they can actually afford to rest guys with their playoff qualification looking like a cinch.

But it is possible that the way they have to play night in and night out will take a toll too heavy to overcome in the next few months. We will see how this shit plays out.

The bulls have had a different starting lineup every night. Although noble that they are competing at the level they are, with rose they are still a team that gets beat in the first or second round of the playoffs. Yay?

At the moment, they're the 4-seed. Let's assume with a healthy Rose and guys who are used to playing with him (meaning it won't be a huge adjustment when he returns) they can get to a 3-seed (certainly not a stretch since they currently have the exact same record as the 3-seed Pacers.)

So, assuming this, they'd play Atlanta in the first round, who they've killed twice (and lost to once.) 

Let's say they beat the Hawks.   

Then they'd most likely play the Knicks, who the Bulls have beaten 3 times already this year. 

So, Eastern Conference Finals against the Heat, which they lose.

Still, I don't think it's worth just writing off the season. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 05, 2013, 04:55:34 PM

At the moment, they're the 4-seed. Let's assume with a healthy Rose and guys who are used to playing with him (meaning it won't be a huge adjustment when he returns) they can get to a 3-seed (certainly not a stretch since they currently have the exact same record as the 3-seed Pacers.)

So, assuming this, they'd play Atlanta in the first round, who they've killed twice (and lost to once.) 

Then they'd most likely play the Knicks, who the Bulls have beaten 3 times already this year. 

I don't get the preoccupation that Chicago fans seem to have with writing off their less-than-ideal contending teams, be it the Bulls or the Bears or the 2003 or 2007 Cubs.

Okay, so, looking at the roster, you don't see a very substantial chance of winning a championship. You don't know they won't, you just assume they won't and probability is naturally on your side. Why write them off? Why piss on what has appeared to me, and I'll admit I don't know much about basketball, to be a surprisingly good basketball team? Why not be astounded that we don't appear to be getting the 44-38 eight seed we all thought we were getting? The Bulls are good. They're fun. Regular season basketball is worth watching, and I'm fairly comfortable in assuming there will be postseason basketball. They may not win the championship, but it appears they'll provide me several months of entertainment. It turns out that's all we're entitled to. Yay?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »
There are three teams the Bulls aren't beating in the East, with or without Rose: Miami, New York and Indiana. Those teams are better, deeper and are going to have home court advantage. Regular season results do not portend postseason success. In a one-off situation, the Bulls are a tough team to play because they fight, and bite and claw and scratch and pull hair. Fuck. In the playoffs, everybody plays hard (||) and the team with the most talent wins a seven-game series, barring injury or a complete meltdown. The rest of the teams the Bulls would face are going to be shit. I give them a punchers chance to get out of the first round if they get a four-seed or better. After that, fuck off.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 05, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

I don't get the preoccupation that Chicago fans seem to have with writing off their less-than-ideal contending teams, be it the Bulls or the Bears or the 2003 or 2007 Cubs.

Okay, so, looking at the roster, you don't see a very substantial chance of winning a championship. You don't know they won't, you just assume they won't and probability is naturally on your side. Why write them off? Why piss on what has appeared to me, and I'll admit I don't know much about basketball, to be a surprisingly good basketball team? Why not be astounded that we don't appear to be getting the 44-38 eight seed we all thought we were getting? The Bulls are good. They're fun. Regular season basketball is worth watching, and I'm fairly comfortable in assuming there will be postseason basketball. They may not win the championship, but it appears they'll provide me several months of entertainment. It turns out that's all we're entitled to. Yay?

It's not astounding because 44-38 is probably 5 or 6 in this East.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 05, 2013, 09:47:29 PM
There are three teams the Bulls aren't beating in the East, with or without Rose: Miami, New York and Indiana. Those teams are better, deeper and are going to have home court advantage. Regular season results do not portend postseason success. In a one-off situation, the Bulls are a tough team to play because they fight, and bite and claw and scratch and pull hair. Fuck. In the playoffs, everybody plays hard (||) and the team with the most talent wins a seven-game series, barring injury or a complete meltdown. The rest of the teams the Bulls would face are going to be shit. I give them a punchers chance to get out of the first round if they get a four-seed or better. After that, fuck off.

Well, you're an idiot.  If you don't think they can beat either the Knicks or the Pacers, especially with Rose, then you might as well write for Fro.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
There are three teams the Bulls aren't beating in the East, with or without Rose: Miami, New York and Indiana.

This seems like yet another sports prediction that won't backfire on you at all.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 08:21:57 AM
There are three teams the Bulls aren't beating in the East, with or without Rose: Miami, New York and Indiana.

This seems like yet another sports prediction that won't backfire on you at all.

That's what I'm here for.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

I think most people are pretty certain they won't beat the Heat or the Thunder if those teams are healthy. You know what would be really fun? Having an owner that is willing to spend the money to win, having Thibs coach a team that has similar talent as those teams and facing those teams in the playoffs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 10:13:25 AM

I think most people are pretty certain they won't beat the Heat or the Thunder if those teams are healthy. You know what would be really fun? Having an owner that is willing to spend the money to win, having Thibs coach a team that has similar talent as those teams and facing those teams in the playoffs.
Did they not win six championships with this owner? If you're dead set that they're merely squandering opportunities and can't win titles with the current ownership, why watch and bitch over their regular season success? You've already made up your mind.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Did they not win six championships with this owner?

If you're going to start following the Bulls more closely (and I hope you do), Rule No. 1 is that Jerry Reinsdorf is awful.

I'm not really kidding.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 10:43:14 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 06, 2013, 10:07:15 AM
Great read on the Bulls pick & roll defense.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8915581/the-chicago-bulls-coach-tom-thibodeau-quest-perfection

That's awesome.

I love reading stuff like this, but at the same time it pisses me off that we never get analysis like this from any of the studio analysts for any of the major sports. I know I'm just piggybacking on this excellent rant but is there really more demand for a bunch of oafs giggling at each other then for some actual breakdown of what's going on during games?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Did they not win six championships with this owner?

If you're going to start following the Bulls more closely (and I hope you do), Rule No. 1 is that Jerry Reinsdorf is awful.

I'm not really kidding.

I get that he admits that the Bulls are not his top priority, and I understand the bitching, but I just don't get writing off a talented basketball team that's played pretty good basketball this year because grrr Reinsdorf's gon' do it again. I don't see how it's much different than bitching about the McCaskeys. Of course they're awful people, but spending seems to be mostly standardized and the owner seems to be the least of the team's concerns as this season is actually playing out.