News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,710 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2013, 11:10:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 11:02:28 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Did they not win six championships with this owner?

If you're going to start following the Bulls more closely (and I hope you do), Rule No. 1 is that Jerry Reinsdorf is awful.

I'm not really kidding.

I get that he admits that the Bulls are not his top priority, and I understand the bitching, but I just don't get writing off a talented basketball team that's played pretty good basketball this year because grrr Reinsdorf's gon' do it again. I don't see how it's much different than bitching about the McCaskeys. Of course they're awful people, but spending seems to be mostly standardized and the owner seems to be the least of the team's concerns as this season is actually playing out.

I guess I'm just getting to be perpetually butthurt about belonging to a bunch of fanbases who do nothing but incessantly bitch and shit all over their own team's chances during otherwise entertaining regular seasons. I get that the title is the ultimate goal, and I'm not going to act like I'd be happy going my entire life without a title just because my team competes for one every year, but Christ. I get it. They're probably not going to win the Finals. It's fucking February, however, and I don't really care about that at the moment.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 11:10:47 AM

If you're going to start following the Bulls more closely (and I hope you do), Rule No. 1 is that Jerry Reinsdorf is awful.

I'm not really kidding.

I get that he admits that the Bulls are not his top priority, and I understand the bitching, but I just don't get writing off a talented basketball team that's played pretty good basketball this year because grrr Reinsdorf's gon' do it again. I don't see how it's much different than bitching about the McCaskeys. Of course they're awful people, but spending seems to be mostly standardized and the owner seems to be the least of the team's concerns as this season is actually playing out.

I guess I'm just getting to be perpetually butthurt about belonging to a bunch of fanbases who do nothing but incessantly bitch and shit all over their own team's chances during otherwise entertaining regular seasons. I get that the title is the ultimate goal, and I'm not going to act like I'd be happy going my entire life without a title just because my team competes for one every year, but Christ. I get it. They're probably not going to win the Finals. It's fucking February, however, and I don't really care about that at the moment.

Who's doing all of this bitching? I think what I generally see is that the Bulls have been an enjoyable, pleasant surprise but probably aren't set up to win a title this year, in all likelihood. We might read different websites though.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2013, 11:34:04 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 11:29:47 AM

I'm not really kidding.

Who's doing all of this bitching? I think what I generally see is that the Bulls have been an enjoyable, pleasant surprise but probably aren't set up to win a title this year, in all likelihood. We might read different websites though.

BH's "yay?" set me off, but it's been the general mood I've gotten around the Bulls fans I hang out with in the real world. And the Bears fans, really.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2013, 11:47:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2013, 11:34:04 AM

I'm not really kidding.

BH's "yay?" set me off, but it's been the general mood I've gotten around the Bulls fans I hang out with in the real world. And the Bears fans, really.

I said early on that I thought the bulls would have success this year, despite having a team with less talent than last year. Let me make another prediction - every year the bulls have Thibs they will be a playoff team, with or without talent. He's a good coach, players play hard for him. The bulls are one all-star away from competing for the title every year. Maybe Garpax are actively trying to get him (kevin love, etc), but it seems more likely they are where you are - content with having a playoff team that doesn't have to pay a luxury tax. To me it's stupid that they are that close and do little to nothing to get better.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 11:47:08 AM

I'm not really kidding.

I said early on that I thought the bulls would have success this year, despite having a team with less talent than last year. Let me make another prediction - every year the bulls have Thibs they will be a playoff team, with or without talent. He's a good coach, players play hard for him. The bulls are one all-star away from competing for the title every year. Maybe Garpax are actively trying to get him (kevin love, etc), but it seems more likely they are where you are - content with having a playoff team that doesn't have to pay a luxury tax. To me it's stupid that they are that close and do little to nothing to get better.

So, essentially what you're saying is that you want the Bulls to win more than Gar Forman and John Paxson do?

Because I think that is a "special level of meatball" type of opinion.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 06, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

I'm not really kidding.

So, essentially what you're saying is that you want the Bulls to win more than Gar Forman and John Paxson do?

It has nothing to do with "wanting to win", that's stupid. What if Garpax really want to win but aren't very good GMs?  Garpax are conservative and overvalue their own players, I have no doubt that they think they are doing what it takes to win. That's part of the problem.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 01:16:20 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 06, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

I'm not really kidding.

It has nothing to do with "wanting to win", that's stupid. What if Garpax really want to win but aren't very good GMs?  Garpax are conservative and overvalue their own players, I have no doubt that they think they are doing what it takes to win. That's part of the problem.

So, they aren't content to just make the playoffs and not pay the luxury tax?

Because that's what I just read.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2013, 01:21:15 PM »
Garpax are conservative and overvalue their own players

How do you know this?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 01:21:15 PM

How do you know this?

What have they done to suggest otherwise?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2013, 01:25:19 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 06, 2013, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 10:43:14 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 06, 2013, 10:07:15 AM
Great read on the Bulls pick & roll defense.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8915581/the-chicago-bulls-coach-tom-thibodeau-quest-perfection

That's awesome.

I love reading stuff like this, but at the same time it pisses me off that we never get analysis like this from any of the studio analysts for any of the major sports. I know I'm just piggybacking on this excellent rant but is there really more demand for a bunch of oafs giggling at each other then for some actual breakdown of what's going on during games?

Seriously, that's a fantastic article.

So good that they should probably just not post anything else to Grantland ever again.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 01:23:35 PM

How do you know this?

Things? You're the one who made the declaration.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »

How do you know this?

Yeah, prove a negative, Eli.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

How do you know this?

Things? You're the one who made the declaration.

I guess making no moves every year other than signing players dumped by other teams or out of the league makes him conservative. And not willing to give up any of his "core" players to trade for players who would make an impact.
Clearly everyone else thinks the Bulls front office is great and this team is in a great place to win a championship.
We'll have to see how this plays out.