News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,623 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »
I can't wait to watch Bulls basketball.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 03:08:54 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2013, 01:16:20 PM
Garpax are conservative and overvalue their own players

How do you know this?

What have they done to suggest otherwise?

Things? You're the one who made the declaration.

I guess making no moves every year other than signing players dumped by other teams or out of the league makes him conservative. And not willing to give up any of his "core" players to trade for players who would make an impact.
Clearly everyone else thinks the Bulls front office is great and this team is in a great place to win a championship.
We'll have to see how this plays out.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »

How do you know this?

I guess making no moves every year other than signing players dumped by other teams or out of the league makes him conservative. And not willing to give up any of his "core" players to trade for players who would make an impact.
Clearly everyone else thinks the Bulls front office is great and this team is in a great place to win a championship.

I was wondering about the "overvalue their own players" line. I don't really think we can assume that unless we know for sure what past deals they've turned down. From the way it sounds, there was never a great fit for bringing superstars here. I don't think it was as much about them declaring guys untouchable and refusing to trade them.

As for them being so great, I feel like I've disagreed with plenty of their decisions in the past. It doesn't mean I think they're terrible, or great.

/proving a negative (Apex made me laugh)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2013, 11:03:11 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2013, 06:27:02 PM

How do you know this?

I was wondering about the "overvalue their own players" line. I don't really think we can assume that unless we know for sure what past deals they've turned down. From the way it sounds, there was never a great fit for bringing superstars here. I don't think it was as much about them declaring guys untouchable and refusing to trade them.

As for them being so great, I feel like I've disagreed with plenty of their decisions in the past. It doesn't mean I think they're terrible, or great.

I want to know when this Deng/Noah for Kevin Love and Lebron James with Jimbutler going to the Heat or whatever insane fantasy trade you guys have come up with was turned down by GarPax.

"No," GarPax said in unison. "We will not trade Deng or Noah. They are good and your players are not as good. We are perfectly content to win 50 games and try really hard and then eventually lose and sustain a lot of injuries."

Essentially what BH is saying is a) he's Fro Dog and b) WHY DONT THEY JUST MAGICALLY ACQUIRE A SUPERSTAR AND GET WAY BETTER?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 07, 2013, 11:03:11 AM

How do you know this?

I want to know when this Deng/Noah for Kevin Love and Lebron James with Jimbutler going to the Heat or whatever insane fantasy trade you guys have come up with was turned down by GarPax.

"No," GarPax said in unison. "We will not trade Deng or Noah. They are good and your players are not as good. We are perfectly content to win 50 games and try really hard and then eventually lose and sustain a lot of injuries."

Essentially what BH is saying is a) he's Fro Dog and b) WHY DONT THEY JUST MAGICALLY ACQUIRE A SUPERSTAR AND GET WAY BETTER?

Yeah, that.

Quote from: PenFoe in the SBox 2/6/13, 13:00:00
I'm pretty sure BH on the Bulls is just Fro on valium at this point.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 07, 2013, 11:09:54 AM

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

You linked and quoted yourself from the Shoutbox? Really? You really did? You knew what you were about to do and you thought about it and then did it?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 07, 2013, 11:12:14 AM

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

You linked and quoted yourself from the Shoutbox? Really? You really did? You knew what you were about to do and you thought about it and then did it?

This from the guy who likes his own posts on Facebook?

Also, I retweeted myself a couple weeks back as well.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 07, 2013, 11:13:53 AM

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

Clicking a "Like" button takes all of one nanosecond. You went into the slogger and... no. No you didn't. I dreamed this.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 07, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 07, 2013, 11:13:53 AM

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

Clicking a "Like" button takes all of one nanosecond. You went into the slogger and... no. No you didn't. I dreamed this.

I think my track record of having plenty of time to kill is well established.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

Slaky, why didn't you know this

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
Ahh. Okay. Putting this in terms I understand: Bulls Fans:GarPax Not Acquiring Superstars By Trade::Bears fans:Annual Free Agency Butthurt.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 07, 2013, 12:21:32 PM

How do you know this?

Yeah, that.

Slaky, why didn't you know this

I WAS JUST SAYING I AGREED

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 07, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Ahh. Okay. Putting this in terms I understand: Bulls Fans:GarPax Not Acquiring Superstars By Trade::Bears fans:Annual Free Agency Butthurt.

OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay are not superstars. All would have helped the Bulls last year. Ellis was traded for a shitty center. Instead the bulls picked rip off the scrap heap. The bulls most likely will trade him this year to avoid paying the luxury tax. This offseason they signed one of the worst starting guards in the league in Hinrich. The concensus here seems to be that the Bulls front office is good and did everything they could to get those guys, but a deal couldn't be made.
I just don't think the Bulls front office is that good. Maybe it's all cheap Jerry pulling the strings.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay are not superstars. All would have helped the Bulls last year. Ellis was traded for a shitty center. Instead the bulls picked rip off the scrap heap. The bulls most likely will trade him this year to avoid paying the luxury tax. This offseason they signed one of the worst starting guards in the league in Hinrich. The concensus here seems to be that the Bulls front office is good and did everything they could to get those guys, but a deal couldn't be made.
I just don't think the Bulls front office is that good. Maybe it's all cheap Jerry pulling the strings.

While Mayo and Ellis are high-volume shooters/scorers and could provide offense for a team that has little, they may give back as much with their lack of defense, hustle, attitude etc. If the Bulls are intent on making this system work for them, they kind of do need to pay attention to who they get from that standpoint. Geigh is overpaid by a lot for his production. There may be a method to their conservatism in that they know they're kind of fucked right now, but by not fucking themselves worse by acquiring poor fits they get to escape basketball hell sooner than they would. They went and got Boozer after they lost out on everybody they actually wanted and it's been a disaster, despite the numbers he's putting up this year as about the only frontcourt scoring option. Perhaps they've learned from it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 07, 2013, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: BH on February 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

While Mayo and Ellis are high-volume shooters/scorers and could provide offense for a team that has little, they may give back as much with their lack of defense, hustle, attitude etc. If the Bulls are intent on making this system work for them, they kind of do need to pay attention to who they get from that standpoint. Geigh is overpaid by a lot for his production. There may be a method to their conservatism in that they know they're kind of fucked right now, but by not fucking themselves worse by acquiring poor fits they get to escape basketball hell sooner than they would. They went and got Boozer after they lost out on everybody they actually wanted and it's been a disaster, despite the numbers he's putting up this year as about the only frontcourt scoring option. Perhaps they've learned from it.

Exactly this point. 

The Grantland article linked to earlier specifically speaks to this and calls out Monta as being a guy who's a really poor defender.
Just because they are lacking on the offensive end, doesn't mean that adding a proven scorer with make them a better team. 

Well, unless that guy is Derrick Rose.