News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,715 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 07, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Ahh. Okay. Putting this in terms I understand: Bulls Fans:GarPax Not Acquiring Superstars By Trade::Bears fans:Annual Free Agency Butthurt.

OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay are not superstars. All would have helped the Bulls last year. Ellis was traded for a shitty center. Instead the bulls picked rip off the scrap heap. The bulls most likely will trade him this year to avoid paying the luxury tax. This offseason they signed one of the worst starting guards in the league in Hinrich. The concensus here seems to be that the Bulls front office is good and did everything they could to get those guys, but a deal couldn't be made.
I just don't think the Bulls front office is that good. Maybe it's all cheap Jerry pulling the strings.

If this is your thought process, I'm not sure what to tell you.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2013, 07:38:07 PM »

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »
The bulls are having preliminary thoughts about trading boozer for bargnani. Boozer's had a better year than expected this year, Bargnani makes less, is good in the pick and roll. But the bulls would lose the amnesty, which is a lot of flexibility.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
I like how San Antonio came in and out-Bulls'd the Bulls last night. You have an all-star out of the lineup? That's cute. We have three. Take that witcha...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »
I'm sure the "110%" comment is going to bring the FroHurt out of the mouths of Bulls Chads everywhere but I think fans should be relieved at the seemingly responsible approach the team and Rose are taking with his recovery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-rose-says-hes-far-200353956--nba.html

I saw Iman Shumpert looking extremely unready in his recent return to the Knicks. And while every knee, every injury, every recovery is completely different, it didn't inspire confidence that Rose will be effective or steady enough to lead this Bulls team to anything meaningful this season. Nobody knows what he'll be able to do but playing it safe here can't possibly be the wrong thing to do. Let New York and Indiana take the bullets against LeBron and get ready for next season.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 13, 2013, 11:15:18 AM
I'm sure the "110%" comment is going to bring the FroHurt out of the mouths of Bulls Chads everywhere but I think fans should be relieved at the seemingly responsible approach the team and Rose are taking with his recovery.

I saw Iman Shumpert looking extremely unready in his recent return to the Knicks. And while every knee, every injury, every recovery is completely different, it didn't inspire confidence that Rose will be effective or steady enough to lead this Bulls team to anything meaningful this season. Nobody knows what he'll be able to do but playing it safe here can't possibly be the wrong thing to do. Let New York and Indiana take the bullets against LeBron and get ready for next season.

Apex is... right?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 13, 2013, 11:15:18 AM

You mean, the approach his "marketing team" is taking?? (may require free registration.)

When first reading Rose's quote Tuesday about "not coming back until I'm 110 percent'' I admit to wondering if those words would be part of an upcoming ad campaign, complete with Twitter hashtag: #110percent.

Rose seemingly putting the brakes on his comeback during the interview with a hand-picked, national publication was as calculated as everything else about his recovery. According to the Bulls, Rose's Los Angeles-based agency, the Wasserman Media Group, set up the sit-down. Same goes for interviews with two other national outlets that have yet to air or publish.

The Bulls say Rose is free to speak whenever he desires but have spent the season keeping him off-limits to local reporters who cover the team every day. The silent treatment represented a departure for an organization that did a tremendous, transparent job post-injury using team doctors to explain in detail the injury and rehabilitation plan. Suddenly, days before the NBA All-Star break when shoe companies typically have a captive audience, Adidas' $260 million man bared his soul to the national media. Coincidence?

And where would the state of journalism be without a snark-filled wrap-up?

The Bulls maintain doctors ultimately will decide when that happens. Or maybe we should ask Wasserman?

Also, somewhere (invariably somewhere stupid) I read today that KC Johnson re-tweeting Haugh was a sign of his agreement with this stance (or at least no attempt to distance himself from this speculation.)
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
The Bulls are who I thought they were.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 21, 2013, 03:46:53 PM
Rose's brother isn't too happy about the Bulls inactivity.

Reggie is probably an idiot.

However, at this point I'm not sure Rose should come back this year. He's going to be limited in his minutes and the team is both injured and flawed around him. It's really impressive how well they've done with such a piecemeal team (again, a testament to Thibs), but it's not a championship-caliber team, even with a totally healthy Rose. If this were baseball where a heavily flawed team could get hot and streak through the playoffs to a title, maybe. But that doesn't really happen in the NBA.

Since that's the case, what's the point?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 21, 2013, 05:27:59 PM
Quote from: BH on February 21, 2013, 03:46:53 PM
Rose's brother isn't too happy about the Bulls inactivity.

Reggie is probably an idiot.

However, at this point I'm not sure Rose should come back this year. He's going to be limited in his minutes and the team is both injured and flawed around him. It's really impressive how well they've done with such a piecemeal team (again, a testament to Thibs), but it's not a championship-caliber team, even with a totally healthy Rose. If this were baseball where a heavily flawed team could get hot and streak through the playoffs to a title, maybe. But that doesn't really happen in the NBA.

Since that's the case, what's the point?

I'm a common moran when it comes to basketball (and most other things), but I'm also on Team Shutdown.  Barring some historic air disaster involving the Miami team charter (let alone the Bulls' other would-be opponents), they don't have a prayer in the playoffs.  This is especially so when, as you point out, you consider the limitations he'd be playing under that could very well last throughout the playoffs.  Why risk ruining Rose forever?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:22 PM »
What in the hell is this crap?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2013, 08:59:40 PM »
Regardless of how this game ends, there's always room for another Bosh gif.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.