News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Inglorious Basterds  ( 17,391 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Inglorious Basterds
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »
Saw this last night.  It was pretty darn awesome.  They really should have killed more Jews, though.  And then killed more Nazis after that.  They did shoot a man's nuts off, so that was interesting.  I will forever order my tres margaritas with specific fingers. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:52 AM »
Just saw it.

Yea for the opening scene and the bar scene.  The rest?  Good acting but an overall ehhh...

Yeah, it was "nice" to see Hitler shredded with bullets, but it's kind of wistful to think 50 or 60 million fewer people would have died.

Not on par with Dogs, Fiction or Kill Bill 1.

Krueger was such a tease.  Everyone knows Quentin doesn't do nude scenes.

Keene Curtis: Best as Grand Moff Tarkin on the radio.  May he and Peter Cushing rest in peace.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
I don't want Chuck's awful opinions to get the last word in this thread, so I'll just say the movie was fucking great. Anyone who disagrees should have a swastika carved into their fivehead.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:17 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 20, 2010, 10:13:06 PM
I don't want Chuck's awful opinions to get the last word in this thread, so I'll just say the movie was fucking great. Anyone who disagrees should have a swastika carved into their fivehead.

Chuck hating it should make it that much better, I'd think. Unless we're talking about Soriano.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »

Great, they killed Hitler.  That means the fucking war lasted until the 1970s.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »
Just saw this movie on Monday and generally agree with the consensus here.

Not QT's best, but the opening scene and the scene in the downstairs bar are both textbook examples of flawless filmmaking.  The way Tarantino builds the tension in each of these scenes is mastery of the highest order.

And this Christoph Waltz dude deserves and Oscar nomination.  The man devoured every scene he was in.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 07:36:51 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 20, 2010, 10:32:57 PM

Now we know who designed George Hutchins' site.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »
Quote from: MAD on January 21, 2010, 07:25:25 AM

Not QT's best, but the opening scene and the scene in the downstairs bar are both textbook examples of flawless filmmaking.  The way Tarantino builds the tension in each of these scenes is mastery of the highest order.

And this Christoph Waltz dude deserves and Oscar nomination.  The man devoured every scene he was in.

This.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2010, 07:59:46 AM

This.

Also, THIS.

I just watched it the other day, and while I enjoyed most every scene with Waltz and/or Pitt, I found myself not really caring about most of the other scenes, with the exception of the bar.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:11 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 21, 2010, 08:13:30 AM

This.

Also, THIS.

I just watched it the other day, and while I enjoyed most every scene with Waltz and/or Pitt, I found myself not really caring about most of the other scenes, with the exception of the bar.

The scene in the cafe with the cream and the strudel and hot chick and Goebbels?  Nothing?  Really?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 21, 2010, 08:51:11 AM

This.

Also, THIS.

The scene in the cafe with the cream and the strudel and hot chick and Goebbels?  Nothing?  Really?

It's Weebs you're talking to.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »

This.

Also, THIS.

I said "most every scene with Waltz and/or Pitt."  Waltz was in the cafe/strudel scene, therefore...

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »

This.

Also, THIS.

As it had Waltz, then this scene was terrific also.  Him  ordering Shoshana a glass of milk was dreadfully terrifying, considering that his reputaion for supposedly sniffing out Jews would make you wonder if he knew who she was.

It just wasn't as perfect as the two aforementioned scenes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »
Quote from: MAD on January 21, 2010, 10:30:55 AM

Not QT's best, but the opening scene and the scene in the downstairs bar are both textbook examples of flawless filmmaking.  The way Tarantino builds the tension in each of these scenes is mastery of the highest order.

And this Christoph Waltz dude deserves and Oscar nomination.  The man devoured every scene he was in.

This.

Also, THIS.

The scene in the cafe with the cream and the strudel and hot chick and Goebbels?  Nothing?  Really?

As it had Waltz, then this scene was terrific also.  Him  ordering Shoshana a glass of milk was dreadfully terrifying, considering that his reputaion for supposedly sniffing out Jews would make you wonder if he knew who she was.

It just wasn't as perfect as the two aforementioned scenes.

Begrudgingly, I agree.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2010, 07:36:51 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 20, 2010, 10:32:57 PM

Now we know who designed George Hutchins' site.

That is George Hutchins' site.

It's the site where it becomes clear that he's an actual Nazi and not merely a Nazi symp.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?