News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,355 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 01, 2009, 05:07:14 PM
The Kobe burger at the Grill at Millennium Park is incredible.

Did TDubbs and you switch spots for April Fool's Day?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 01, 2009, 05:25:58 PM

You should fire up the Aztek and drive down for one. You won't regret it.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 02, 2009, 01:31:33 PM

I've actually been there.

Now what do we do?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 02, 2009, 03:48:07 PM
Quote from: BH on April 02, 2009, 01:31:33 PM

I've actually been there.

Now what do we do?

I think we have to wear these.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 09:33:20 AM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 10:20:02 PM »
Quote from: RV on January 19, 2009, 08:54:39 AM
Was I just being obtuse when skimming through thread titles in here, or is there really not one about outstanding beef burgers?

Five Guys on Clybourn, just south of Southport. In-N-Out type chain, just opened a couple months ago. Great burger, better fries.

I don't know nothin' 'bout no In-N-Out or nuthin', but I can certainly vouch for Five Guys.

The burger is very good.  The regular burger is great, but definitely fast food-type, which is what you're looking for when you eat here anyway.  The fries are awesome.  The regular ones are good, the Cajun ones are also good.  By the time we tried the Cajun ones, we were pretty full.

The menu is very limited.  Burgers and hot dogs.  Burgers can be gotten as a junior (single) or regular.  Both the burgers and the hot dogs come with optional bacon and/or cheese.  I think they also have a veggie burger, but I can't imagine anyone ordering one.  I mean, why?  If you're a vegetarian, they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

They also have a huge condiment selection, all of which is included in the burger.  They have the usual, but you can also get mushrooms, grilled onions, bbq sauce.  They also have jalapenos.  I was expecting the canned/jarred ones, but no!  They're fresh.

I may have just told everyone what they already knew.  I don't care.  This place is good.  I positive (are we still saying that?).

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 10:30:20 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 08, 2009, 10:20:02 PM
Was I just being obtuse when skimming through thread titles in here, or is there really not one about outstanding beef burgers?

Five Guys on Clybourn, just south of Southport. In-N-Out type chain, just opened a couple months ago. Great burger, better fries.

I don't know nothin' 'bout no In-N-Out or nuthin', but I can certainly vouch for Five Guys.

The burger is very good.  The regular burger is great, but definitely fast food-type, which is what you're looking for when you eat here anyway.  The fries are awesome.  The regular ones are good, the Cajun ones are also good.  By the time we tried the Cajun ones, we were pretty full.

The menu is very limited.  Burgers and hot dogs.  Burgers can be gotten as a junior (single) or regular.  Both the burgers and the hot dogs come with optional bacon and/or cheese.  I think they also have a veggie burger, but I can't imagine anyone ordering one.  I mean, why?  If you're a vegetarian, they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

They also have a huge condiment selection, all of which is included in the burger.  They have the usual, but you can also get mushrooms, grilled onions, bbq sauce.  They also have jalapenos.  I was expecting the canned/jarred ones, but no!  They're fresh.

I may have just told everyone what they already knew.  I don't care.  This place is good.  I positive (are we still saying that?).

They just opened one out in Naperville, and I was waiting for you to tell me to go try it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 10:39:52 AM »
they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

A good grilled cheese sandwich (with tomato and bacon) is pure awesomeness, especially for wee-hours dining.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2009, 10:39:52 AM
they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

A Four good grilled cheese sandwiches (with tomato and bacon) is pure awesomeness, especially for wee-hours dining.

True wee-hour'd
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 10:30:20 AM

They just opened one out in Naperville, and I was waiting for you to tell me to go try it.

Do your parents live near Naperville?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 09, 2009, 11:35:49 AM

No, but my parents-in-law do.  WHAT LUCK.
Hire Jim Essian!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 03:20:26 PM

Your digging shovel has been getting quite the online workout lately.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 05:20:04 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2009, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 03:20:26 PM

Your digging shovel has been getting quite the online workout lately.

Now that Andy made the message board only readable to registered users, I'm assuming I'm safe.  I don't think she even reads HJE, to be honest.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 05:20:04 PM
Now that Andy made the message board only readable to registered users, I'm assuming I'm safe.  I don't think she even reads HJE, to be honest.

She's too busy trolling the SBoxing under the name "Miss Valerie"

edit: Retraction...that was totally uncalled for.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.