News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,354 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 15, 2009, 08:44:12 AM
...One of the most enjoyable pieces of hot meat I've ever shoved in my mouth...

Here in the Bay Area we don't say things like this unless we are serious.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 15, 2009, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: RV on June 15, 2009, 08:44:12 AM
...One of the most enjoyable pieces of hot meat I've ever shoved in my mouth...

Here in the Bay Area we don't say things like this unless we are serious.

Yeah, but out there you can afford to have standards.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 01:01:02 PM »
Coming to Northbrook across a parking lot near me.  Anyone tried it?  In Naperville and Bloomington.

http://www.meatheadsburgers.com/menu.html

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 01:40:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 24, 2009, 01:01:02 PM
Coming to Northbrook across a parking lot near me.  Anyone tried it?  In Naperville and Bloomington.

http://www.meatheadsburgers.com/menu.html

Yeah.  It's all right.  The fries are better than the burgers, in my opinion, but I might not have picked the right burger.
Hire Jim Essian!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Had the Slayer at Kuma's this afternoon. Holy fucking god. I think my heart stopped for a full minute.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
Quote from: Jon on June 24, 2009, 10:19:19 PM
Had the Slayer at Kuma's this afternoon. Holy fucking god. I think my heart stopped for a full minute.

I love that fucking plate of awesomeness.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »

Anyone been here yet? I'm intrigued by the kangaroo and wild boar burgers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 29, 2009, 11:55:19 AM

Indeed I was at the very one they opened in the Park of Rogers and, in fact, had the wild boar burger, as well as buffalo and ostrich. 

Pretty goddamn tasty.  I recommend.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2009, 01:08:58 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 29, 2009, 12:10:29 PM

Indeed I was at the very one they opened in the Park of Rogers and, in fact, had the wild boar burger, as well as buffalo and ostrich. 

Is that the new place on Clark near Howard?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2009, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: MAD on June 29, 2009, 12:10:29 PM

Is that the new place on Clark near Howard?

Yup.  It's replaced the Caribbean restaurant that used to be there.  Thankfully, the African restauarnt (African Harambee) is still there.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 08, 2009, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: RV on January 19, 2009, 08:54:39 AM
Was I just being obtuse when skimming through thread titles in here, or is there really not one about outstanding beef burgers?

Five Guys on Clybourn, just south of Southport. In-N-Out type chain, just opened a couple months ago. Great burger, better fries.

I don't know nothin' 'bout no In-N-Out or nuthin', but I can certainly vouch for Five Guys.

The burger is very good.  The regular burger is great, but definitely fast food-type, which is what you're looking for when you eat here anyway.  The fries are awesome.  The regular ones are good, the Cajun ones are also good.  By the time we tried the Cajun ones, we were pretty full.

The menu is very limited.  Burgers and hot dogs.  Burgers can be gotten as a junior (single) or regular.  Both the burgers and the hot dogs come with optional bacon and/or cheese.  I think they also have a veggie burger, but I can't imagine anyone ordering one.  I mean, why?  If you're a vegetarian, they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

They also have a huge condiment selection, all of which is included in the burger.  They have the usual, but you can also get mushrooms, grilled onions, bbq sauce.  They also have jalapenos.  I was expecting the canned/jarred ones, but no!  They're fresh.

I may have just told everyone what they already knew.  I don't care.  This place is good.  I positive (are we still saying that?).

Bump.  Looks like a Five Guys will be opening up at the southwest corner of Clark and Fullerton any day now.  It's on my route to work, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. 
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 23, 2009, 08:56:38 AM
Was I just being obtuse when skimming through thread titles in here, or is there really not one about outstanding beef burgers?

Five Guys on Clybourn, just south of Southport. In-N-Out type chain, just opened a couple months ago. Great burger, better fries.

I don't know nothin' 'bout no In-N-Out or nuthin', but I can certainly vouch for Five Guys.

The burger is very good.  The regular burger is great, but definitely fast food-type, which is what you're looking for when you eat here anyway.  The fries are awesome.  The regular ones are good, the Cajun ones are also good.  By the time we tried the Cajun ones, we were pretty full.

The menu is very limited.  Burgers and hot dogs.  Burgers can be gotten as a junior (single) or regular.  Both the burgers and the hot dogs come with optional bacon and/or cheese.  I think they also have a veggie burger, but I can't imagine anyone ordering one.  I mean, why?  If you're a vegetarian, they also have grilled cheese.  But, again, why?  Unless you're 12.

They also have a huge condiment selection, all of which is included in the burger.  They have the usual, but you can also get mushrooms, grilled onions, bbq sauce.  They also have jalapenos.  I was expecting the canned/jarred ones, but no!  They're fresh.

I may have just told everyone what they already knew.  I don't care.  This place is good.  I positive (are we still saying that?).

Bump.  Looks like a Five Guys will be opening up at the southwest corner of Clark and Fullerton any day now.  It's on my route to work, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. 

We get it, you woke up hungry this morning.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »

I saw a Five Guys downtown on Wabash, I think...anyone been there yet?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2009, 09:23:10 AM »
In the Parkway Drugs?  I guess the drug store is dead, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »

Huey is looking for some sweet five guy on guy action at the corner of Clark and Fullerton on his way to work?