News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,376 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2009, 08:10:51 AM »
Quote from: Pre on June 24, 2009, 10:28:46 PM
Quote from: Jon on June 24, 2009, 10:19:19 PM
Had the Slayer at Kuma's this afternoon. Holy fucking god. I think my heart stopped for a full minute.

I love that fucking plate of awesomeness.

Went to Kuma's last week and got the Slayer b/c everybody talks about it.  I would have rather had a burger with a bun.  I think the bun makes the burgers taste that much better.
That being said, I ate the whole plate and enjoyed it.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 18, 2009, 09:30:30 AM
Anyone try this new burger joint that opened up? Looks promising. 

http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/restaurants-bars/80452/dmk-burger-bar

Yes. It gets two paws up from this burgerfaggot. The #1 burger is the balls.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 04, 2010, 03:46:14 PM
Quote from: BH on November 18, 2009, 09:30:30 AM
Anyone try this new burger joint that opened up? Looks promising. 

http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/restaurants-bars/80452/dmk-burger-bar

Yes. It gets two paws up from this burgerfaggot. The #1 burger is the balls.

Ate there last night for the first time post-hockee game (after stopping into Kumas to find the standard hour+ wait)  I had the #2 (blue cheeze onion straws, spicy ketchup), friend had the green chilli and fried egg burger, both great.  They also have awsome sides (split the fried pickles and okra and the truffle parmaign fries), a good bar and a great vibe.  Have to agree this place is homemade A-1 steakballs.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »

For those in the Lincolnshire area, Sullivan's Steakhouse has bar food for $5 at lunchtime on Thursdays.

Which means, a damn fine 8 oz. burger (Cheddar, Swiss or Bleu cheese) with fries.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
Most of the burger places in Toronto seem to be overrated, although Burger Shoppe Quality Meats was good-but-pricey. 

A less-likely but possibly-better burger destination would be Caplansky's Smoked Meat Deli.  Their hamburgers are cooked with intermixed smoke meat, giving them an extremely unique -- and delicious -- flavor.  The only problem might be bringing yourself to order a burger over a smoked meat sandwich, which obliterates anything I've tasted (including Schwartz's in Montreal and Katz's in New York). 
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 09, 2010, 03:37:47 PM
Most of the burger places in Toronto seem to be overrated, although Burger Shoppe Quality Meats was good-but-pricey. 

A less-likely but possibly-better burger destination would be Caplansky's Smoked Meat Deli.  Their hamburgers are cooked with intermixed smoke meat, giving them an extremely unique -- and delicious -- flavor.  The only problem might be bringing yourself to order a burger over a smoked meat sandwich, which obliterates anything I've tasted (including Schwartz's in Montreal and Katz's in New York). 

Wrong.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 11, 2010, 10:39:00 AM

Wrong.

THI.  Just had a pound of pastrami shipped to me from Katz's.  It was off the charts good.  I could never imagine some shithole in Canada is better than a prepackaged serving of Carl Budding. 
It's also the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 11, 2010, 10:44:15 AM

Wrong.

THI.  Just had a pound of pastrami shipped to me from Katz's.  It was off the charts good.  I could never imagine some shithole in Canada is better than a prepackaged serving of Carl Budding. 

Two Canadians are sitting around bored so they decide to play a game of 20 questions. The first guy thinks of moose dick as his answer.

"Ok, start guessing," he says to his pal.

"Is it something you can eat?"

"I guess...."

"Is it moose dick?"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

Wrong.

Katz's pastrami is the common ground TDubbs and I share. If you find yourself there, tip the mavyn and you'll get a good 4 inches of meat on your sandwich, and that meat will leave you moaning like Meg Ryan.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2010, 11:50:07 AM

Wrong.

Katz's pastrami is the common ground TDubbs and I share. If you find yourself there, tip the mavyn and you'll get a good 4 inches of meat on your sandwich, and that meat will leave you moaning like Meg Ryan.

Don't you normally tip after you get your order?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 11, 2010, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2010, 11:50:07 AM

Wrong.

Don't you normally tip after you get your order?

Normally yes. Tip before, and you get loaded up.

This gut ain't glandular.
TIME TO POST!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »

Wrong.

I'm so disappointed that you'd make the assumption that a "shithole in Canada" can't be as good or better than a place like Katz's.  Guess that means you'll never bother to try it. 
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2010, 06:36:55 AM »
Man, I wish I were Jewish.  You sons of Abraham get all the best nosh.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2010, 07:55:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 20, 2010, 06:36:55 AM

Yeah, but they got stuck with Madonna Esther too.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2010, 08:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 20, 2010, 07:55:57 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 20, 2010, 06:36:55 AM

Yeah, but they got stuck with Madonna Esther too.

You got a problem with triangular, jelly-filled cookies?