News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,354 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 09, 2010, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 09, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
Just had an In-N-Out burger...good shit.

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Yeah, fries were meh.  Also, best ever?  Meh.  It was good.  But best ever?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2010, 03:14:11 PM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Seems this would need a qualifier to begin with.  I've never had In-N-Out but I would dismiss such a claim immediately, unless it was in the category of "fast food" burgers.  No way can it be better than the burgers you get at various sit-down restaurants in Chicago alone. 

Even in the category of "fast food" burgers or burgers from national/regional chains, it must be pretty goddamned good if it's better then Five Guys.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Their fries do suck.  What kind did you get?  I'm guessing Double Double.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 03:22:05 PM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Seems this would need a qualifier to begin with.  I've never had In-N-Out but I would dismiss such a claim immediately, unless it was in the category of "fast food" burgers.  No way can it be better than the burgers you get at various sit-down restaurants in Chicago alone. 

Even in the category of "fast food" burgers or burgers from national/regional chains, it must be pretty goddamned good if it's better then Five Guys.

In and Out is really good - but I'm a Five Guys..guy. That's my favorite fast food burger hands down. The combo of that burger and their incredible fries seals it for me.

But when you're talking about sit down burgers I don't think you can even compare. It's not a rational conversation. I really need to get back to Kuma's.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2010, 03:44:19 PM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

In and Out is really good - but I'm a Five Guys..guy. That's my favorite fast food burger hands down. The combo of that burger and their incredible fries seals it for me.

But when you're talking about sit down burgers I don't think you can even compare. It's not a rational conversation. I really need to get back to Kuma's.

I'll go back to my distinction...there are really two types of burgers.  Fast food burgers.  Always well-done on a gridle, thinner patties usually no more than 1/4 pound.  Those are the ones that are usually gotten as doubles and such.  Five Guys is it, although this In-N-Out was really good.

Then there are the 'gourmet' types.  Those are typically grilled and are cooked to temperature.  Generally, those are in the 8-10 ounce size.  Unless you're a Yeti-sized fatass, there are no doubles of those.  They will tend to have more obscure toppings (maybe obscure isn't the right word...toppings you wouldn't normally associate with burgers; brie cheese for example).  The burger itself will even sometimes be made of a better cut of beef (top sirloin, etc).  This is all about Kuma's.  I have also heard good things about the new place near the Clybourn/North Ave coridor...I forget what it's called.

Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 09, 2010, 03:36:13 PM

Didn't see any double-double.  I had the number 1.  Double cheese burger, fries, drink.  There were only about three options...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2010, 07:39:59 PM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

I'll go back to my distinction...there are really two types of burgers.  Fast food burgers.  Always well-done on a gridle, thinner patties usually no more than 1/4 pound.  Those are the ones that are usually gotten as doubles and such.  Five Guys is it, although this In-N-Out was really good.

Then there are the 'gourmet' types.  Those are typically grilled and are cooked to temperature.  Generally, those are in the 8-10 ounce size.  Unless you're a Yeti-sized fatass, there are no doubles of those.  They will tend to have more obscure toppings (maybe obscure isn't the right word...toppings you wouldn't normally associate with burgers; brie cheese for example).  The burger itself will even sometimes be made of a better cut of beef (top sirloin, etc).  This is all about Kuma's.  I have also heard good things about the new place near the Clybourn/North Ave coridor...I forget what it's called.

Didn't see any double-double.  I had the number 1.  Double cheese burger, fries, drink.  There were only about three options...

There's a fairly substantial secret menu that apparently is only a secret to you.

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Yeah, that's called the double double.  Where are you, Arizona?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2010, 05:19:07 AM »

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Urban Burger Bar?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
So, I just got back from Fatburger.  No one has mentioned it yet...so here goes.

Good shit, man.  It's not quite an In-N-Out, but it's big and juicy and delicious.  The patties seem to be fresh and not round.  You can also get a freid egg on it for less than a buck more.

The fries are good, too.

Mostly, this place is worth trying if you've already had an In-N-Out.  I prefer it to any of the fast food joints we get in Chicago (besides Five Guys).

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 01:57:56 PM
So, I just got back from Fatburger.  No one has mentioned it yet...so here goes.

Good shit, man.  It's not quite an In-N-Out, but it's big and juicy and delicious.  The patties seem to be fresh and not round.  You can also get a freid egg on it for less than a buck more.

The fries are good, too.

Mostly, this place is worth trying if you've already had an In-N-Out.  I prefer it to any of the fast food joints we get in Chicago (besides Five Guys).

Intrepid Reader PenFoe: why are you going to these places just to complain?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »

The fries are good, too.

Did you get the egg?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2010, 02:49:11 PM
So, I just got back from Fatburger.  No one has mentioned it yet...so here goes.

Good shit, man.  It's not quite an In-N-Out, but it's big and juicy and delicious.  The patties seem to be fresh and not round.  You can also get a freid egg on it for less than a buck more.

The fries are good, too.

Mostly, this place is worth trying if you've already had an In-N-Out.  I prefer it to any of the fast food joints we get in Chicago (besides Five Guys).

Did you get the egg?

No.  I'm actually not a fan of that.  I love burgers, I love fried eggs.  For some reason, I never liked that combo.  I do know others do, and I will be damned before I begrudge them of soemthing that seems so damn good.

Besides, I didn't know it at the time of ordering, but that damn burger was fucking huge.  It was delicious as is.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »

The fries are good, too.

Eat a salad, lardass.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 11, 2010, 03:29:42 PM

The fries are good, too.

Eat a salad, lardass.

You don't win friends with salad.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 03:49:33 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 11, 2010, 03:29:42 PM

The fries are good, too.

Eat a salad, lardass.

You don't win friends with salad.

More gazpacho, anyone?