News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,354 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »
Christ, people.

BURGERS.

Not meatballs.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 11, 2010, 09:25:45 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 11, 2010, 08:32:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2010, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 11, 2010, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2010, 05:42:17 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 11, 2010, 04:41:27 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2010, 04:24:32 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 11, 2010, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 11, 2010, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 03:49:33 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 11, 2010, 03:29:42 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 01:57:56 PM
So, I just got back from Fatburger.  No one has mentioned it yet...so here goes.

Good shit, man.  It's not quite an In-N-Out, but it's big and juicy and delicious.  The patties seem to be fresh and not round.  You can also get a freid egg on it for less than a buck more.

The fries are good, too.

Mostly, this place is worth trying if you've already had an In-N-Out.  I prefer it to any of the fast food joints we get in Chicago (besides Five Guys).

Eat a salad, lardass.

You don't win friends with salad.

More gazpacho, anyone?

It's tomato soup, served ICE COLD!

Go back to Massachusettes Russia!

How'd I do?

About as well as we could have hoped'd

Dammit.

Pretty sure I'm confusing it with a Homer line from a Sideshow Bob episode.

Sad, too, because in person I do a pretty good Barney Gumble.

I know.  Shocking.

...and the hole gets deeper.

Damn if this doesn't get me every time.

Me too. It's pretty much the only light in my sad pathetic internet life.

I literally burst out laughing when I saw this was the response.

It's outstanding.  Whenever the full-size version comes up, I run to the kitchen and grab a glass of water just so I can do a spit-take.  If this is a Morts creation, kudos.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2010, 11:11:12 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 03:22:05 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2010, 03:14:11 PM
Quote from: PenPho on November 09, 2010, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 09, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
Just had an In-N-Out burger...good shit.

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Yeah, fries were meh.  Also, best ever?  Meh.  It was good.  But best ever?

Seems this would need a qualifier to begin with.  I've never had In-N-Out but I would dismiss such a claim immediately, unless it was in the category of "fast food" burgers.  No way can it be better than the burgers you get at various sit-down restaurants in Chicago alone.  

Even in the category of "fast food" burgers or burgers from national/regional chains, it must be pretty goddamned good if it's better then Five Guys.

I'll take you to a hole in the wall bar in the middle of West Bumblefuck and order you a cheeseburger for two dollars that will knock In N Out's shit out of the fuckin' box, piss on it, wipe it's ass with it and throw it at a cop. And the fries are cut from actual potatos, right on the spot, bitch.

Then I may or may not fuck you in the ass.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2010, 01:13:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 09, 2010, 11:11:12 PM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Seems this would need a qualifier to begin with.  I've never had In-N-Out but I would dismiss such a claim immediately, unless it was in the category of "fast food" burgers.  No way can it be better than the burgers you get at various sit-down restaurants in Chicago alone.  

Even in the category of "fast food" burgers or burgers from national/regional chains, it must be pretty goddamned good if it's better then Five Guys.

I'll take you to a hole in the wall bar in the middle of West Bumblefuck and order you a cheeseburger for two dollars that will knock In N Out's shit out of the fuckin' box, piss on it, wipe it's ass with it and throw it at a cop. And the fries are cut from actual potatos, right on the spot, bitch.

Well.  You don't get an offer like that every day.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2010, 05:27:38 AM »
Geez how can I resist?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 10, 2010, 01:13:28 AM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

Speak for yourself.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 10, 2010, 01:13:28 AM

Best. Burger. Ever.

Worst. Fries. Ever.

I heard different about Blues fans.

The only true part of that meth-inspired rant was the assfucking. Apex will drive you home, if you know what I mean.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2010, 05:27:38 AM
Geez how can I resist?

You can't.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-brick-jonesville

"Don' t order french fries because they don't have them."

I misremembered. The prices went up too. It's $3.50 for the deluxe cheeseburger. The assfucking is real though. I promise.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 11, 2011, 07:52:11 PM
A list.

Epic Burger should be nowhere near that list. What should be on that list is J. Wellington's. I urge you all to go there if you can find a minute.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 11, 2011, 08:28:03 PM
A list.

Epic Burger should be nowhere near that list. What should be on that list is J. Wellington's. I urge you all to go there if you can find a minute.

Appreciate the recommendation.

Yeah, I was gonna say that list sucks.  Anyone who knows anything about Chicago knows that the Billy Goat burger, compared to all of the choices in Chicago, sucks a real billy goat's left nut.  If you're visiting Chicago, then yeah check out the Billy Goat on Hubbard under the Michigan Avenue bridge, have a beer and a burger, but bear in mind you're doing it for the ambience and the kitsch--not for a particularly special burger.  The various Billy Goats are actually good places to hit up for an omelette and hash brown breakfast but their burger should be nowhere near anyone's top burger list for Chicago.  Also, Five Guys--while outstanding--is a chain that's based in Pennsylvania.  In the same vein, I guess Portillo's can stay.  Even though it's a chain, it's a local chain, although if your not getting a beef or beef/sausage combo, you're a dope.  In fairness, though, I've never had Portillo's burger.  

M Burger--isn't that also a chain?

I've been to the Grafton several times, never knew their burger was so special but it least it's an original Chicago place.  What's not on the list but should be is the Hop Haus.  There's one at Clark and Howard in Rogers Park and one on Franklin and Grand in River North.  That's one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Point is, that list is only half-way accurate.  Thanks, Oleg.  Thanks a lot for another useless HuffPo link.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2011, 08:35:33 AM
A list.

Yeah, I was gonna say that list sucks.  Anyone who knows anything about Chicago knows that the Billy Goat burger, compared to all of the choices in Chicago, sucks a real billy goat's left nut.  If you're visiting Chicago, then yeah check out the Billy Goat on Hubbard under the Michigan Avenue bridge, have a beer and a burger, but bear in mind you're doing it for the ambience and the kitsch--not for a particularly special burger.  The various Billy Goats are actually good places to hit up for an omelette and hash brown breakfast but their burger should be nowhere near anyone's top burger list for Chicago.  Also, Five Guys--while outstanding--is a chain that's based in Pennsylvania.  In the same vein, I guess Portillo's can stay.  Even though it's a chain, it's a local chain, although if your not getting a beef or beef/sausage combo, you're a dope.  In fairness, though, I've never had Portillo's burger.  

I've been to the Grafton several times, never knew their burger was so special but it least it's an original Chicago place.  What's not on the list but should be is the Hop Haus.  There's one at Clark and Howard in Rogers Park and one on Franklin and Grand in River North.  That's one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Point is, that list is only half-way accurate.  Thanks, Oleg.  Thanks a lot for another useless HuffPo link.

The PANK helmet is so Huey doesn't hurt himself stepping off his soapbox.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 12, 2011, 08:49:38 AM
A list.

So you *like* the Billy Goat burger then?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:01 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2011, 09:20:48 AM
A list.

No. I *like* it when you get riled up over something Chicago-related.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2011, 09:37:40 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 12, 2011, 09:33:01 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2011, 09:20:48 AM
A list.

No. I *like* it when you get riled up over something Chicago-related.

Well excuse *me* for having some civic pride, you confederate dandy.