News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread  ( 76,089 )

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2005, 10:24:41 PM »
Bump.  Why the fuck not?  Even with the shitty series in New York (for everyone else), the guy's 8 for his last 16.  2 for 3 tonight, HR, 2 IBB.  His only out was a 360 foot rope. 

You knew as soon as that wild pitch moved Neifi over to second, Corey'd strike out, and Lee would get his free pass.  The Cubs would be 10 games under without him (imagine a Stairs/Coomer combo instead).

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »
I'm hoping Korey's game tonight finally gets Walker bumped up in front of Lee.

And if Korey stole on his own, I'll shoot him myself.

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2005, 10:42:32 PM »
Is it too much to ask that you move Aramis to fourth?  Burnitz has been solid, but not as solid as A-Ram (both have been hot).  On the whole, A-Ram's going to do more and make more teams think twice before giving Lee the free pass. 

And yes, only Corey could make a hit and a steal a net loss for the team.

forklift

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2005, 11:15:05 PM »
Quote from: Brian on June 20, 2005, 10:42:32 PM
Is it too much to ask that you move Aramis to fourth?  Burnitz has been solid, but not as solid as A-Ram (both have been hot).  On the whole, A-Ram's going to do more and make more teams think twice before giving Lee the free pass. 

It's funny, E-Ramis has been having a typical DLee year...start out badly, and get going as the weather warms up. He's now hovering near .300 with 15HR. He's on his way to a good year...

buckitt9

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2005, 11:20:21 PM »
Corey Patterson needs a bigger bat.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »
Quote from: Brian on June 20, 2005, 10:42:32 PM

You know what? I was thinking about this, and the buzz has always been that Aramis is an overly sensitive guy. Maybe for some unknown reason, he's just more comfortable hitting 5th? The pressure's off him a bit at #5, and he concentrate on doing this thang there without the "Cleanup Hitter" baggage. I mean, go back and look at Ramirez' numbers for 2003, 2004, and 2005 as a #3, #4, #5 and #6 hitter. I believe you'll find he's been the most productive at #5.

It's also worth noting that sandwiching Burnitz between Lee and Ramirez makes Jeromy a much more dangerous hitter too. It's hard to argue with his numbers since Dustbag put him there. His OPS is now over 850 and his BA is pushing 300. Nice.
RETIRED

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2005, 11:57:57 PM »
I must be really drunk, because I swear I see PPE actually complementing Dusty in the last post. 

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2005, 12:01:55 AM »
I must be really drunk, because I swear I see PPE actually giving Dusty credit for doing something good for the team. 

Nah, winning just feels like drunkeness these days.

forklift

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2005, 03:48:13 AM »
Quote from: Laura on June 21, 2005, 12:01:55 AM
I must be really drunk, because I swear I see PPE actually giving Dusty credit for doing something good for the team. 

Nah, winning just feels like drunkeness these days.

We're all lightweights, getting drunk on one little win...

Blee

• YAAAAAAAANKEE SWAP
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2005, 03:54:15 AM »
Ok, this may be a completely strange, if not completely stupid idea, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway...

Let's hit Burnitz in the 2 hole. He'd be in front of Lee, he'd see good pitches, and then Lee would be sammiched twixt Burnitz and Lee, not Burnitz sammiched twixt Lee and Ramirez. Burnitz has a decent on-base percentage at .341, which isn't as high as Jerry Hairston or Todd Walker, but I think that these desperate times would put that platoon at leadoff. Burnitz would be a a better fit for the 2 hole than Patterson [duh] and while you still get the strikeouts you also get better on-base skills [thus far, anyway].

I dunno...I'm just throwing that out there. I also think it'll give Lee better pitches to see hitting in front of a hot Aramis. Like I said, just throwing it out there. Thrash me if you feel the need.
Different frogs, different times.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2005, 08:45:10 AM »
Quote from: BleedingCubbieBlue on June 21, 2005, 03:54:15 AM
Ok, this may be a completely strange, if not completely stupid idea, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway...

Let's hit Burnitz in the 2 hole. He'd be in front of Lee, he'd see good pitches, and then Lee would be sammiched twixt Burnitz and Lee, not Burnitz sammiched twixt Lee and Ramirez. Burnitz has a decent on-base percentage at .341, which isn't as high as Jerry Hairston or Todd Walker, but I think that these desperate times would put that platoon at leadoff. Burnitz would be a a better fit for the 2 hole than Patterson [duh] and while you still get the strikeouts you also get better on-base skills [thus far, anyway].

I dunno...I'm just throwing that out there. I also think it'll give Lee better pitches to see hitting in front of a hot Aramis. Like I said, just throwing it out there. Thrash me if you feel the need.

I actually like the Lee - Burnitz - Ramirez order.  I think Ramirez is comfortable in the 5-hole (which is where he hit last year).  I'm too lazy to look up where he hit when he had the monster year in Pittsburg, but I wonder if it was the 5-hole.  It's obvious that Burnitz gets better hitting situations being sandwiched by Lee and Ramirez.  He's produced enough for most people to be happy and even elated. 

I think it was Andy ... maybe someone else here (my fact checking department is off today) that recommended Walker and Barrett at the top and Patterson, Hollandsworth/Dubois, and Neifi at the bottom..  That's something I could live with.

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2005, 08:52:05 AM »
Actually, Ramirez's numbers have been better in the cleanup spot.  This year:

Avg.      OBP      OPS
4 spot   .300      .372     .987
5 spot   .301      .356     .797

Check out Ramirez's numbers as the cleanup hitter last year:

.408        .447     1.078

I like him hitting number 4.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2005, 09:25:21 AM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on June 21, 2005, 08:45:10 AM
Patterson, Hollandsworth/Dubois, and Neifi at the bottom..  That's something I could live with.

Gah!  What's worse?  That or Karros, A-Gonz, Damian?

tjbrown

• Founder and President Emeritus, T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2005, 09:28:54 AM »
Quote from: Chuck on June 21, 2005, 09:25:21 AM

Gah! What's worse? That or Karros, A-Gonz, Damian?

The Cubs managed to go seven games in the NLCS with that trio though.
Nov. 2004-Oct. 2006

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2005, 09:30:07 AM »
How's about Adam Dunn in the two-hole?  From the Sun Times, looks like Kearns.