News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Daniel Murphy. A Cub.  ( 4,726 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Daniel Murphy. A Cub.
« on: August 21, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
I guess the one bright side here is that his .919 career OPS against the Cubs can't hurt the team the rest of the way.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Daniel Murphy. A Cub.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
I hope he's hit by a hard fastball and dies.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:53 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 21, 2018, 03:23:54 PM

...with the bases loaded in a post season series deciding situation. Make it count for something, amiright?
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
I would like him to recant his homophobic comments and say he's changed his views, but that's probably too much to hope for.  Still though.  I'd rather root for him than hate him.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 10:01:56 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 21, 2018, 07:27:53 PM

...with the bases loaded in a post season series deciding situation. Make it count for something, amiright?

Nah. First pitch. Meaningless, brutal, and short. Fuck that guy forever.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:11:26 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 21, 2018, 10:01:56 PM

I get that if Murphy strikes out or boots one in a big situation you will have indescribable hatred for him—as most of us will—but rooting for him to fail seems at odds with rooting for your favorite  team to win here.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 08:11:26 AM

I get that if Murphy strikes out or boots one in a big situation you will have indescribable hatred for him—as most of us will—but rooting for him to fail seems at odds with rooting for your favorite  team to win here.
. No. I'm rooting for him to die on his first Cub AB. Then he is not on the team. He is a homophobic piece of shit.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:01 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 22, 2018, 08:20:55 AM

. No. I'm rooting for him to die on his first Cub AB. Then he is not on the team. He is a homophobic piece of shit.

Honest question--is it Murphy's self-assured confidence to express his abhorrent views that makes him stand out from a pool of people who--at least the American-born--are probably 90% Trumpers, many of whom may share the same views?   Because I feel safe to assume Steve Cishek holds the same views, but Cishek might just be smart enough to know he'd get roasted if he expressed them.   You know a lot of the guys that you root for happen to agree with Murphy, so I'm just wondering if it's his blindingly proud ability to express his idiocy that makes him a particularly shitty human being. 

For what it's worth I think he's a backwards-assed weirdo whose views are increasingly diminished and rightfully edified,  compared to 50, 40, even 5 years ago (that's the idea of an antiquated idea becoming increasingly diminished I guess).   I also don't think idiot baseball players truly have much influence over the collective consciousness of this country and as long as this weirdo is playing for the Cubs I hope he does well and helps them win. 

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 08:47:33 AM »
Honest answer: I don't care. Fuck him. I hope he literally dies.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

Honest question--is it Murphy's self-assured confidence to express his abhorrent views that makes him stand out from a pool of people who--at least the American-born--are probably 90% Trumpers, many of whom may share the same views?   Because I feel safe to assume Steve Cishek holds the same views, but Cishek might just be smart enough to know he'd get roasted if he expressed them.   You know a lot of the guys that you root for happen to agree with Murphy, so I'm just wondering if it's his blindingly proud ability to express his idiocy that makes him a particularly shitty human being. 

For what it's worth I think he's a backwards-assed weirdo whose views are increasingly diminished and rightfully edified,  compared to 50, 40, even 5 years ago (that's the idea of an antiquated idea becoming increasingly diminished I guess).   I also don't think idiot baseball players truly have much influence over the collective consciousness of this country and as long as this weirdo is playing for the Cubs I hope he does well and helps them win.

If people hold homophobic views and decide not to express them in any way, well, that's about the best I can hope for from them.  I can't change what's in their heads but I can expect them not to spew that fucking filth all over me.  If people hold those views AND think the rest of the World needs to hear them, though, well... fuck Daniel Murphy.  Man, what a cunt.

Cubs' Twitter and the meatballs on BROO SMILES' comments not understanding that belonging to an LGBTQ minority ISN'T A FUCKING "LIFESTYLE" ANY MORE THAN BEING BLACK IS A LIFESTYLE (although I'm guessing most of them think those damn blacks need to smarten up, too) isn't helping my mood, either.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 09:11:35 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 22, 2018, 09:04:40 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

If people hold homophobic views and decide not to express them in any way, well, that's about the best I can hope for from them.  I can't change what's in their heads but I can expect them not to spew that fucking filth all over me.  If people hold those views AND think the rest of the World needs to hear them, though, well... fuck Daniel Murphy.  Man, what a cunt.

Cubs' Twitter and the meatballs on BROO SMILES' comments not understanding that belonging to an LGBTQ minority ISN'T A FUCKING "LIFESTYLE" ANY MORE THAN BEING BLACK IS A LIFESTYLE (although I'm guessing most of them think those damn blacks need to smarten up, too) isn't helping my mood, either.

Phrasing

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »
I think there a couple of things here.

1. Fuck humans.  We are fallible but think we're not.  There are no heroes and there shouldn't be.  We all suck.
2. I'm not going to stop enjoying the Cubs sprint to another WS so, as with Chapman, how do I best make myself feel better about rooting for a fucking feckless cunt like Murphy.  I don't have any misconception that anything I do is to make myself feel better about it.  Basically, I've decided that the best way to do that is by giving a little bit of cash to an LGBTQ organization and I can root for this fuckwad with a less tortured conscience.  Like Huey said in a Tweet, this can get fucking exhausting.  If a small amount of disposable income can go to an organization and I can feel a bit better about it, so be it.  There is nothing altruistic about it and I fully realize and admit that.

So be it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
I do enjoy the fact that Daniel Murphy is now playing for a team that has an openly gay woman as part of the ownership group.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 22, 2018, 10:36:01 AM
I do enjoy the fact that Daniel Murphy is now playing for a team that has an openly gay woman as part of the ownership group.

I'll take sophomoric satisfaction in calling him a cub, even if he's not particularly small, or young (he does seem pretty hairy though).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 22, 2018, 10:36:01 AM

I'll take sophomoric satisfaction in calling him a cub, even if he's not particularly small, or young (he does seem pretty hairy though).

He probably hits the Eagle during the offseason.
TIME TO POST!