News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,675 )

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »
I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.

Lenny Dykstra used to get one dumped on him about every other season.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 13, 2009, 09:56:57 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 13, 2009, 09:52:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwsQ3ADqO0A

That was a pretty good throw.

I was going to say - he shortarmed it and hit the target dead on. Impressive.

I LO Loud when I saw that they ejected the wrong guy. The look on Weebs' face was priceless.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: August 13, 2009, 10:08:02 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 13, 2009, 09:29:44 AM
Quote from: Dave B on August 13, 2009, 08:27:59 AM
True, but you shouldn't throw beer on the opponent's CF.

This. At least not during a game. The window-licking Trixiemale Douchestain who did it wasn't the one who got ejected during the WGN telecast. They kicked Weebs out instead and that dude was standing there in his wristband pointing and laughing. This is among the lower points in my Cub Fandom, personally. It can all change with a sweep of Pissburgh and an extended run against the shitty part of the schedule. But at this moment I don't believe I've been this eager for a season to end since 2002. That year, I was also very, very optimistic about the Bears. FML.

But beer-throwing at Jim Hendry is permitted.

And I have to admit that while watching that debacle last night at a local bar, I wanted to throw my beer, too.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 13, 2009, 10:08:02 AM

This. At least not during a game. The window-licking Trixiemale Douchestain who did it wasn't the one who got ejected during the WGN telecast. They kicked Weebs out instead and that dude was standing there in his wristband pointing and laughing. This is among the lower points in my Cub Fandom, personally. It can all change with a sweep of Pissburgh and an extended run against the shitty part of the schedule. But at this moment I don't believe I've been this eager for a season to end since 2002. That year, I was also very, very optimistic about the Bears. FML.

And I have to admit that while watching that debacle last night at a local bar, I wanted to throw my beer, too.

But not at the Phillies.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »
The guy in the Phillies jersey that is being held back also got ejected about 30 seconds later for throwing a punch at Weebs.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2009, 10:39:48 AM »
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on August 13, 2009, 10:17:21 AM
Quote from: Dave B on August 13, 2009, 10:08:02 AM

But not at the Phillies.

No, at the lady on the other side of the bar who asked if the Cubs fly in someone different every night to sing in the 7th-inning stretch.

Seriously, was that really Weebs?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »
As idiotic as it is for the guy to do that, I found the reaction by the broadcasters typically outsized.  I had the radio on when it happened and good gord, you would have thought that somebodyhad stolen JUDD SIROTT'S Toyota Tercel.   It gave me flashbacks to Chip Caray's moral indignation when that one asshat stole Chad Kreuter's hat.  Just call it like it is, you don't have to go all drama queen about it.

And yes, this sort of thing happened a lot more back in the day, and nobody gave a shit.  Not saying it's right--it is in fact pretty wasetful to throw a $6.50 beer away-- but people need to chill out.  Holy cripes when the hell dead Deadspin anoint themselves the moral police ("Deadspin posse, saddle up, we've got a man's life to ruin."  Really?)

Anyway, if anyone has a tape of what turned out to be the first OFFICIAL night game at Wrigley (8/9/88), a game that was broadcast nationally on NBC even though it was a weeknight, you'll see Dyktrska get a beer dumped on him as he chased a ball to the wall.  You won't, however, hear Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola (or perhaps it was Costas and Kubek) go all berzerk about it.

And Andy, we know that Al wouldn't have dumped a beer, but rather his homemade iced tea.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
Quite frankly, anybody who spends about seven bucks on a beer should be allowed to do whatever they want with it.
M'lady.

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
Quote from: MAD on August 13, 2009, 10:40:44 AM
As idiotic as it is for the guy to do that, I found the reaction by the broadcasters typically outsized.  I had the radio on when it happened and good gord, you would have thought that somebodyhad stolen JUDD SIROTT'S Toyota Tercel.   It gave me flashbacks to Chip Caray's moral indignation when that one asshat stole Chad Kreuter's hat.  Just call it like it is, you don't have to go all drama queen about it.

And yes, this sort of thing happened a lot more back in the day, and nobody gave a shit.  Not saying it's right--it is in fact pretty wasetful to throw a $6.50 beer away-- but people need to chill out.  Holy cripes when the hell dead Deadspin anoint themselves the moral police ("Deadspin posse, saddle up, we've got a man's life to ruin."  Really?)

Anyway, if anyone has a tape of what turned out to be the first OFFICIAL night game at Wrigley (8/9/88), a game that was broadcast nationally on NBC even though it was a weeknight, you'll see Dyktrska get a beer dumped on him as he chased a ball to the wall.  You won't, however, hear Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola (or perhaps it was Costas and Kubek) go all berzerk about it.

And Andy, we know that Al wouldn't have dumped a beer, but rather his homemade iced tea.

When the Kreuter thing happened my initial reaction wasn't "what a bunch of fucking idiots". It was "they attacked the wrong bullpen."

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
Victorino was pelted with a bologna sandwich wrapped in wax paper.

And I agree, some of the reaction make it sound like he was nearly killed. It was a total douche move, but tone down the terror alert.

As for Deadspin, AJ Daulerio (editor) is from Philly and has been making efforts to deflect attention from his hometown's antics, so I'm sure whoever wrote that crap about ruining a guy's life is just kissing ass.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2009, 10:44:47 AM
Quite frankly, anybody who spends about seven bucks on a beer should be allowed to do whatever they want with it.

I agree with your argument that the guy should have thrown his beer on your photoshop computer.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
It was a beer in a plastic fucking cup. We're not talking about a cinder block covered in six inch spikes.

I hate people.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »
Quote from: MAD on August 13, 2009, 10:40:44 AM

Deadspin is still patting itself on the back for OMG BREAKING!!!! the HUGEEEE!!!! Josh Hamilton story headlined "The Devil Is Still in Josh Hamilton".  "Anointing themselves the moral police" sounds about right.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »
I'm just thankful that the most pompous of all douchebags, Joe Buck, wasn't calling this game. The faux outrage would have been too much to bear.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 13, 2009, 10:50:42 AM
I'm just thankful that the most pompous of all douchebags, Joe Buck, wasn't calling this game. The faux outrage would have been too much to bear.

"That is a disgusting act by Weebs!"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?