News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,689 )

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #525 on: August 26, 2009, 10:30:19 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4423669

"All I'm saying is I pray the game is nine innings, so I can go out there the least amount of time possible and go home," Bradley said.

Me too Milton, me too.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 26, 2009, 08:57:55 AM
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on August 26, 2009, 08:47:55 AM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/08/bradley-i-face-hatred-on-a-daily-basis.html

Charming.  Just think, only two more years of his cheerful, good-natured attitude.

Maybe I'm letting my Milton-love blind me here, but I think the headline makes his statement more dramatic than what he actually said.  I know he talked about facing "adversity and hatred on a daily basis," but when it's picked out of the quote to stand alone as a headline, it has a different ring to it.

I've been in his corner all year but I'm starting to get the idea that he's an incredibly needy, insecure buttwhistle.  There has been a ton of shit heaped on Soriano and when he was asked about fan abuse, he admitted that rarely does it cross a line and that his play has sort of cleared a path for it regardless.  Milton, on the other hand, keeps coming off like a giant sand-filled vagina.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #527 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »
I wish the games were only 5 or 6 innings long so I didn't have to watch this fucking bullpen.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: August 26, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
Milty, Z and Marmol are my favorite player not named Aramis. I don't really care that much about anybody else on the team or in the fanbase or the media. Fuck you too, by the way.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #529 on: August 26, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 26, 2009, 11:54:03 PM
Milty, Z and Marmol are my favorite player not named Aramis. I don't really care that much about anybody else on the team or in the fanbase or the media. Fuck you too, by the way.

Someone has pissed in Apex's Cheerios.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: August 27, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »

We get it, you're Raymond Allen.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: August 27, 2009, 05:02:20 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 27, 2009, 12:00:33 AM

We get it, you're Raymond Allen.

THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2009, 08:38:10 AM »

So we've been calling Cubs fans idiots for years and now we find that Milton Bradley agrees with us and we're going to hate him for it? I'm with Milt. Fuck the Cubs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »
Quote from: Slak on August 27, 2009, 08:38:10 AM

So we've been calling Cubs fans idiots for years and now we find that Milton Bradley agrees with us and we're going to hate him for it? I'm with Milt. Fuck the Cubs.

I think we have our slogan for 2010.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »

Whoa there sailor, I don't hate him for calling Cubs fans idiots.  I just...don't like him.  Even I'm not sure why sometimes.

And aren't you the guy who's always screaming that Derek Lee should SHUT THE HELL UP AND PLAY BALL whenever he says anything about the fans?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 27, 2009, 09:02:08 AM

Whoa there sailor, I don't hate him for calling Cubs fans idiots.  I just...don't like him.  Even I'm not sure why sometimes.

And aren't you the guy who's always screaming that Derek Lee should SHUT THE HELL UP AND PLAY BALL whenever he says anything about the fans?

Oooh.  He's got you there, Mitch.

I agree that Cub fans are idiots.  But I also suspect that a lot of the heckling that Bradley hears is coming from inside his own head.  The guy is, how shall I put it politely, a bit "touched" in the head, methinks.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »

Intrepid Reader LaTroy Hawkins: Because he has a high melanin count? Fuck all y'all.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: August 27, 2009, 09:07:44 AM »
Quote from: MAD on August 27, 2009, 09:05:29 AM

I agree that Cub fans are idiots.  But I also suspect that a lot of the heckling that Bradley hears is coming from inside his own head.  The guy is, how shall I put it politely, a bit "touched" in the head, methinks.

If by "touched" you mean "batshit crazy" I would have to agree.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: August 27, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

He did get me there and I did say that. But I think I've come around. I'm a changed man I says!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »

I think Mike Douche has this one right. Cubs fans, particularly BleacherChads, are largely shitstains. But it's not like this is the first time Milton's shown signs of an over-the-top persecution complex. He's pulled the oversensitive act elsewhere, so you can't lay all the blame at the feet of Tdubbs and his bros in the bleachers for throwing watermelon seeds at Milton. Most of it, but not all.

All that being said, Milton is pretty far down on the list of reasons why the Cubs have failed miserably this season.