News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,672 )

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »
Milton Bradley is misunderstood.  He is above it all.  He thrives off our hatred.

Clearly, Milton Bradley is Paul.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on August 27, 2009, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 27, 2009, 11:27:34 AM
Can someone explain the whole "shut the fuck and play ball" thing?  Is he not playing because he's answering reporters' questions?  Are you people just annoyed with him, and instead of changing your behavior (perhaps stop reading about him), you expect him to change who he is?  Would your criticism be any different if he didn't talk to reporters (would he then become an asshole who doesn't care)?  Does this mean none of you will be sending him a Christmas card?

Answers to these questions and more...on the next episode of Soap.

This is a great question.  I would amend the "shut the fuck up and play ball" thing to "shut up and just play ball."  I sincerely hope that no one thinks Milton's speaking about his frustrations is affecting his play (which has been just fine this year) but rather they would wish our right fielder should be seen and not heard.

Like all morgans and broads.  See?  We've come fuill circle.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
"Asked to clarify comments the night before about facing ''hatred'' daily at Wrigley Field, Bradley alluded Wednesday to racial overtones in taunting and boos, said he's overheard waiters ''bad-mouthing'' him in restaurants and said it has become bad enough in right field that he dreads extra-inning games."

Wait a minute.  The only specific thing that he mentions is that waiters in restaurants have bad mouthed him?  He "alludes to" but won't tell us about the alleged racial taunts at Wrigley.  He  talks about the incident in San Diego when a Padres' fan asked him about his ACL and whether that was his first home run.  
So he condemns Cub fans for the behavior of waiters in restaurants and hecklers who are Padre fans.  He is a nut job after all.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2009, 12:57:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 27, 2009, 12:45:51 PM
Quote from: Ivy6 on August 27, 2009, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 27, 2009, 11:27:34 AM
Can someone explain the whole "shut the fuck and play ball" thing?  Is he not playing because he's answering reporters' questions?  Are you people just annoyed with him, and instead of changing your behavior (perhaps stop reading about him), you expect him to change who he is?  Would your criticism be any different if he didn't talk to reporters (would he then become an asshole who doesn't care)?  Does this mean none of you will be sending him a Christmas card?

Answers to these questions and more...on the next episode of Soap.

This is a great question.  I would amend the "shut the fuck up and play ball" thing to "shut up and just play ball."  I sincerely hope that no one thinks Milton's speaking about his frustrations is affecting his play (which has been just fine this year) but rather they would wish our right fielder should be seen and not heard.

Like all morgans and broads.  See?  We've come fuill circle.

Also, it was a poor Milford Acadamy reference

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on August 27, 2009, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: Slak on August 27, 2009, 10:42:22 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 27, 2009, 10:34:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the fans in RF are generally doucherockets that will say some extremely dumb things to a baseball player they apparently don't like.  And, we all know that Milton is a dickhead.  However, I can't help but smile when Milton gives those idiots a taste of their own medicine by mocking them.

I still like Milton Bradley.  I really hate these Cubs.

I was in RF two weeks ago. I didn't hear any slurs and didn't hear any booing directed at Milt. He also threw a ball to the fans after before every half-inning.

This is all just a distraction that Milt is creating because he feeds off this shit. It makes him better.

I think he's great for the team and for the fans and for the game of baseball. a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
Was the Padre fan Mark Prior?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on August 27, 2009, 05:02:20 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 27, 2009, 12:00:33 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 26, 2009, 11:54:03 PM
Milty, Z and Marmol are my favorite player not named Aramis. I don't really care that much about anybody else on the team or in the fanbase or the media. Fuck you too, by the way.

We get it, you're Raymond Allen.

Not that one.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:31 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 26, 2009, 11:54:03 PM
Milty, Z and Marmol are my favorite player not named Aramis. I don't really care that much about anybody else on the team or in the fanbase or the media. Fuck you too, by the way.

I like Aramis, Bradley, Lilly, and Marmol.  We're almost on the same page. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:12 PM »
Listening to B&B tonight, they kept on harping on Milton to give examples of what's said to him. How does that satisfy anything? Do they want him to say, "I've heard nigger, go back to africa you coon, etc." Is that going to make it all better to them? I'm just not sure what the whole "give me examples" thing would actually do in the grand scheme of things.

And yea, he should probably stop because he's digging a hole

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 27, 2009, 09:05:12 PM
Listening to B&B tonight, they kept on harping on Milton to give examples of what's said to him. How does that satisfy anything? Do they want him to say, "I've heard nigger, go back to africa you coon, etc." Is that going to make it all better to them? I'm just not sure what the whole "give me examples" thing would actually do in the grand scheme of things.

It's calling him on bullshit.  Given that Milton believes that he hears waiters talking about him in restaurants, it's not exactly unbelievable that he's full of shit.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2009, 09:44:18 PM »

Because if he can go ahead and cry racism without any examples of people being racist it means the next guy who may actually be called racist things is going to be taken less seriously.

Or, The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2009, 09:52:15 PM »
Quote from: Slak on August 27, 2009, 09:44:18 PM

Because if he can go ahead and cry racism without any examples of people being racist, it means the next guy who may actually be called racist things is going to be taken less seriously.

Or, The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Because he's black.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:31 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 27, 2009, 09:33:03 PM

It's calling him on bullshit.  Given that Milton believes that he hears waiters talking about him in restaurants, it's not exactly unbelievable that he's full of shit.

Yeah, it's an inescapable trap.  I mean, Milton's never heard any racist remarks in his
whole life so it would be impossible for him to pick some as a lie...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: August 28, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »
I think Milton honestly thinks he gets booed because he's black.  Not just because he and the team suck.

You could hear it in Derrek Lee's comments.  The way he said, "I haven't heard any of that, but maybe Milton has," came off as, "He's a fucking batshit loon."

Nobody is more racist than Cardinals fans (well, maybe Braves fans).  They're still on the fence down there about whether Bob Gibson was worth all the trouble.  I hate to agree with Phildo, but the Cubs should just release Milty and use his unbelievable "I root for the game to be over in nine innings" quote as the reason.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »
Quote from: Pre on August 27, 2009, 10:13:31 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 27, 2009, 09:33:03 PM

Yeah, it's an inescapable trap.  I mean, Milton's never heard any racist remarks in his
whole life so it would be impossible for him to pick some as a lie...
He's a modern day Jackie Robinson for what he's had to go through.