News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,675 )

MB21

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #600 on: August 30, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
As far as cohesiveness goes, if there is a player on this team so affected by what Bradley is saying it's the affected player's problem and he must go.  Everybody deals with pricks.  If there's one person the Cubs who can't do that then they deserve to be fired. 

This is actually really simple and it's amazing people don't get it.

Who gives a shit what Milton Bradley says or does.  If you're a Cubs fans you don't care about that stuff.  if you're a Wrigley fan or a Cubs fan fan then you probably do care about these things.  Those people care about all sorts of nonsensical things that have nothing to do with the team that is playing in the park, but that's their choice.  If that kind of stuff matters then wins and losses aren't what these people care about.  I won't pretend to know what it is, but it sure as hell isn't how the team  does.  It's as simple as this:  Milton Bradley is good at baseball and good players are better than bad players.  There has never been and never will be a bad player who is better than a good player.  Good player always better than bad player. 

All I have to say is if you're one of these fans, fuck you.  You deserve the ineptitude this organization has provided you and you deserve many more years of it.  If the fans get what they want here, I'll be laughing my ass off at them as the Iowa Cubs take the field next year in Chicago.  While we're giving he fans what they want can we please trade Zambrano for a bag of balls like Phil Rogers suggested?  I look forward to the rotation of Dempster, Lilly, Wells, Samardzija and marshall in 2009.  Good times.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »

Shut up Paul, you're a douche.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
I think this really is Milton.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »
Quote from: MB21 on August 30, 2009, 08:51:09 PM
As far as cohesiveness goes, if there is a player on this team so affected by what Bradley is saying it's the affected player's problem and he must go.  Everybody deals with pricks.  If there's one person the Cubs who can't do that then they deserve to be fired.

Who gives a shit what Milton Bradley says or does.  If you're a Cubs fans you don't care about that stuff.  if you're a Wrigley fan or a Cubs fan fan then you probably do care about these things.  Those people care about all sorts of nonsensical things that have nothing to do with the team that is playing in the park, but that's their choice.  If that kind of stuff matters then wins and losses aren't what these people care about.  I won't pretend to know what it is, but it sure as hell isn't how the team  does.  It's as simple as this:  Milton Bradley is good at baseball and good players are better than bad players.  There has never been and never will be a bad player who is better than a good player.  Good player always better than bad player. 

All I have to say is if you're one of these fans, fuck you.  You deserve the ineptitude this organization has provided you and you deserve many more years of it.

Just getting that out of the way'd.

[Edit.--OK, the original link didn't last.  MISCAVIGE IS NEXT.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 30, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 30, 2009, 08:06:12 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on August 30, 2009, 06:57:47 AM
THIS!

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/milton-bradley-is-my-underpaid-salesman/
If my salesman insinuated that his customers hated him, but couldn't back up the story with specifics (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2500 comment: He needs to listen to a PR person), I'd never let the guy near another client again. He's hurting my brand.

(The point)..........................................................................................(Chuck)

Seriously, who gives a shit? From a fan's perspective, why do you care what Milton or any other of these douchebags does off the field? He doesn't need to listen to a PR person. He doesn't need to shut up. He doesn't need to stop calling people racist. He just needs to be good at playing baseball, since he's, y'know, a fucking baseball player.

If the Cubs want to trade him because he's hurting attendance on net (highly doubtful) and that outweighs his contributions performance-wise (even more dubious), then they can get rid of him. That's their prerogative. But, from a fan's perspective, it's Yellon-esque to cry about the many ways in which Milton makes the Chicago press feel butthurt or whatever it is that meatheads are bitching and moaning about this week.

But, hey, hopefully the Cubs get rid of Milton, get a  clean cut white guy who'll keep his mouth shut (!), run in to the outfield walls, and be an offensive black hole. That'd be swell, by golly. Just like the good ol' days back when bubblegum was a nickel and a ballplayer went home to his nice house with a white picket fence and had vanilla missionary sex with his cute little wife.

Fuld'ed?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2009, 01:11:53 AM »

All I have to say is if you're one of these fans, fuck you.  You deserve the ineptitude this organization has provided you and you deserve many more years of it.  If the fans get what they want here, I'll be laughing my ass off at them as the Iowa Cubs take the field next year in Chicago.  While we're giving he fans what they want can we please trade Zambrano for a bag of balls like Phil Rogers suggested?  I look forward to the rotation of Dempster, Lilly, Wells, Samardzija and marshall in 2009.  Good times.

I love when people tell me whether I am or am not a Cubs fan.
Hire Jim Essian!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 31, 2009, 01:11:53 AM

I love when people tell me whether I am or am not a Cubs fan.

You're not a Cubs fan or maybe you are.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:43 AM »

When's the MEP?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 30, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
THIS!

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/milton-bradley-is-my-underpaid-salesman/
If my salesman insinuated that his customers hated him, but couldn't back up the story with specifics (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2500 comment: He needs to listen to a PR person), I'd never let the guy near another client again. He's hurting my brand.

(The point)..........................................................................................(Chuck)

Seriously, who gives a shit? From a fan's perspective, why do you care what Milton or any other of these douchebags does off the field? He doesn't need to listen to a PR person. He doesn't need to shut up. He doesn't need to stop calling people racist. He just needs to be good at playing baseball, since he's, y'know, a fucking baseball player.

If the Cubs want to trade him because he's hurting attendance on net (highly doubtful) and that outweighs his contributions performance-wise (even more dubious), then they can get rid of him. That's their prerogative. But, from a fan's perspective, it's Yellon-esque to cry about the many ways in which Milton makes the Chicago press feel butthurt or whatever it is that meatheads are bitching and moaning about this week.

But, hey, hopefully the Cubs get rid of Milton, get a clean cut white guy who'll keep his mouth shut (!), run in to the outfield walls, and be an offensive black hole. That'd be swell, by golly. Just like the good ol' days back when bubblegum was a nickel and a ballplayer went home to his nice house with a white picket fence and had vanilla missionary sex with his cute little wife.

I highly doubt that Milton Bradley calling the douchebag fools in the bleachers on, well, being douchebag fools is hardly the reason the Cubs might see some lacking attendance.  It might be, oh I don't know, the fact that they can't beat the shit-kicking Mets when they throw Nelson fucking Figueroa out there against them.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:54 AM »
THIS!

Internet Chuck passed up an opportunity to gloat about Black Albie for sake of unnecessarily extending an already strained metaphor?

You suck at the internet, Internet Chuck.

Quote from: Fork on August 31, 2009, 07:39:43 AM

When's the MEP?

In a final, whimpering nut punch, mathematical elimination from both the division and wild card races will almost definitely come somewhere in the 9/14-9/23 stretch, while the Cubs are facing the Brewers and/or the Cardinals.

On the plus side, at least they're waiting until the Bears' regular season proper has started.

Hell, they may even hold off on NLC elimination until the Hawks' preseason has begun.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: August 31, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on August 31, 2009, 09:57:54 AM
THIS!

Internet Chuck passed up an opportunity to gloat about Black Albie for sake of unnecessarily extending an already strained metaphor?

When's the MEP?

In a final, whimpering nut punch, mathematical elimination from both the division and wild card races will almost definitely come somewhere in the 8/14-8/23 stretch, while the Cubs are facing the Brewers and/or the Cardinals.

On the plus side, at least they're waiting until the Bears' regular season proper has started.

Hell, they may even hold off on NLC elimination until the Hawks' preseason has begun.

They're going back in time to eliminate the Cubs?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 31, 2009, 10:06:07 AM
THIS!

When's the MEP?

In a final, whimpering nut punch, mathematical elimination from both the division and wild card races will almost definitely come somewhere in the 9/14-9/23 stretch, while the Cubs are facing the Brewers and/or the Cardinals.

No.

What are you talking about?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on August 31, 2009, 10:11:07 AM
THIS!

When's the MEP?

No.

Slick...slick.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on August 31, 2009, 12:49:06 PM
THIS!

When's the MEP?

No.

Slick...slick.

Seamless, eh?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Quote from: Jon on August 31, 2009, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on August 31, 2009, 12:49:06 PM
THIS!

When's the MEP?

No.

Slick...slick.

Seamless, eh?

Brought a tear to me eye.