News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,694 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #675 on: September 01, 2009, 04:06:44 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 01, 2009, 03:43:35 PM

She's doing a lousy job of watering that lawn.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: September 01, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 01, 2009, 03:32:30 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 01, 2009, 02:40:04 PM
I think definitely a few of those are dead on in describing Milton's behavior.  But if you want to just nitpick at words, I guess I'm done with this argument, because that's annoying.

I'm not nitpicking. "Sociopath" is a specific diagnosis, not a blanket descriptor for every jerk with an attitude problem. Even you genuinelly consider Milton to be a "sociopath", then I guess I'm at a loss for why he would also be an asshole. The behavior would be largely out of his control. Wouldn't that be a reason to be more empathetic toward his plight?

In any event, I didn't intend to be confrontational toward you as we seem to be of the same basic opinion. We both think he's earned his contract. You want him to shut up. I don't really care one way or the other if he shuts up.

My main problem with the Milton issue is the perception that he hasn't earned his contract. It's flawed and been proven untrue, yet it continues to be publicized because people who don't understand player valuation are throwing around HR and RBI totals.

I can certainly agree with you that this argument is stupid. Here's a scantily-clad lass:

Final comments, and then proceed to continue posting more glorious pictures.  A sociopath IS defined as "One who is affected with a personality disorder marked by antisocial behavior."  What WHO described up there was antisocial behavior and was pretty spot-on when you look at Milton's history.  I think it's totally fair to use that word.  He may not be diagnosed as a sociopath, but that's probably only because he threw a Gatorade cooler at his shrink before he could write it down.  As for empathy, eh.  That's not my thing.
Hire Jim Essian!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: September 01, 2009, 04:09:08 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 01, 2009, 03:45:05 PM
Um...I too, think Chuck D is nitpicking....

Hmpf. Jon never picked a nitpicker in his life.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: September 01, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 01, 2009, 04:09:08 PM

Hmpf. Jon picked a nitpicker in his life.
Is that missing a word?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 01, 2009, 04:14:46 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 01, 2009, 04:09:08 PM

Hmpf. Jon never picked a nitpicker in his life.
Is that missing a word?

No.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
If we're going to go ahead and armchair diagnose Crazy Milton with a severe personality disorder, I think we ought to do our due diligence and consider all the required diagnostic criteria.

From the ICD DCR-10 Kerm linked...

QuoteF60 SPECIFIC PERSONALITY DISORDERS

G1. Evidence that the individual's characteristic and enduring patterns of inner experience and behaviour deviate markedly as a whole from the culturally expected and accepted range (or 'norm'). Such deviation must be manifest in more than one of the following areas:

(1) cognition (i.e. ways of perceiving and interpreting things, people and events; forming attitudes and images of self and others);
(2) affectivity (range, intensity and appropriateness of emotional arousaland response);
(3) control over impulses and need gratification;
(4) relating to others and manner of handling interpersonal situations.

G2. The deviation must manifest itself pervasively as behaviour that is inflexible, maladaptive, or otherwise dysfunctional across a broad range of personal and social situations (i.e. not being limited to one specific 'triggering' stimulus or situation).

G3. There is personal distress, or adverse impact on the social environment, or both, clearly attributable to the behaviour referred to under G2.

G4. There must be evidence that the deviation is stable and of long duration, having its onset in late childhood or adolescence.

G5. The deviation cannot be explained as a manifestation or consequence of other adult mental disorders, although episodic or chronic conditions from sections F0 to F7 of this classification may co-exist, or be superimposed on it.

G6. Organic brain disease, injury, or dysfunction must be excluded as possible cause of the deviation (if such organic causation is demonstrable, use category F07).

Comments: The assessment of G1 to G6 above should be based on as many sources of information as possible. Although sometimes it is possible to obtain sufficient evidence from a single interview with the subject, as a general rule it is recommended to have more than one interview with the person and to collect history data from informants or past records

http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/index.htm?gf60.htm+f602

QuoteExcludes:  conduct disorders ( F91.- ), emotionally unstable personality disorder ( F60.3 )

Additionally, here's the DSM-IV...

http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/disorders/antisocialpd.htm

QuoteDiagnostic criteria for 301.7 Antisocial Personality Disorder

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

(1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
   (2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
   (3) impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
   (4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
   (5) reckless disregard for safety of self or others
   (6) consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
   (7) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

B. The individual is at least age 18 years.

C. There is evidence of Conduct Disorder with onset before age 15 years.

D. The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 01, 2009, 04:52:44 PM
If we're going to go ahead and armchair diagnose Crazy Milton with a severe personality disorder, I think we ought to do our due diligence and consider all the required diagnostic criteria.

G1. Evidence that the individual's characteristic and enduring patterns of inner experience and behaviour deviate markedly as a whole from the culturally expected and accepted range (or 'norm'). Such deviation must be manifest in more than one of the following areas:

(1) cognition (i.e. ways of perceiving and interpreting things, people and events; forming attitudes and images of self and others);
(2) affectivity (range, intensity and appropriateness of emotional arousaland response);

G2. The deviation must manifest itself pervasively as behaviour that is inflexible, maladaptive, or otherwise dysfunctional across a broad range of personal and social situations (i.e. not being limited to one specific 'triggering' stimulus or situation).

G3. There is personal distress, or adverse impact on the social environment, or both, clearly attributable to the behaviour referred to under G2.

G4. There must be evidence that the deviation is stable and of long duration, having its onset in late childhood or adolescence.

G5. The deviation cannot be explained as a manifestation or consequence of other adult mental disorders, although episodic or chronic conditions from sections F0 to F7 of this classification may co-exist, or be superimposed on it.

G6. Organic brain disease, injury, or dysfunction must be excluded as possible cause of the deviation (if such organic causation is demonstrable, use category F07).

Comments: The assessment of G1 to G6 above should be based on as many sources of information as possible. Although sometimes it is possible to obtain sufficient evidence from a single interview with the subject, as a general rule it is recommended to have more than one interview with the person and to collect history data from informants or past records

http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/index.htm?gf60.htm+f602

QuoteExcludes:  conduct disorders ( F91.- ), emotionally unstable personality disorder ( F60.3 )

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

(1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
   (2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
   (4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
   (6) consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
   (7) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

D. The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

Wouldn't more pictures of tits suffice?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »
http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/disorders/encopresis.htm

QuoteRepeated passage of feces into inappropriate places

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »
Bump.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

oog

• Sam Fuld Fan Club

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2009, 09:21:10 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 01, 2009, 04:52:44 PM

What the fuck is this quackery?

Look, it's pretty simple, the guy has too many Thetans.  Or perhaps too few.  We really won't know until he's been audited.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »
If I may take my analrapist stocking off of my head for a moment and pull on my Introspection Rundown socks... here's a Scientologist:

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: September 01, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 01, 2009, 10:19:22 PM
If I may take my analrapist stocking off of my head for a moment and pull on my Introspection Rundown socks... here's a Scientologist:

Can I give her my science?