News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,652 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #720 on: September 08, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »
Quote from: Slak on September 08, 2009, 02:46:23 PM
Stone pulled a big fat I Told You Idiot Cub Fans so in stating he was right all along when he said early this year that Derrek Lee would have a great season. I heard this on the Score. No evidence of him telling anyone that Lee was going to have a great year, but what do I know?

He did say Lee would have a great season, but he didn't specify Derrek Lee.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #721 on: September 08, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »
Stone pulled a big fat I Told You Idiot Cub Fans so in stating he was right all along when he said early this year that Derrek Lee would have a great season. I heard this on the Score. No evidence of him telling anyone that Lee was going to have a great year, but what do I know?

I assume that was on the Mully and Hanley segment he had this morning? I came in on part of it. However, I heard the best part later on. Driving on lunch, I had the Danny Mac show on and they replayed part of it. Stone said something along the lines of this (he even had his voice raised):

QuotePeople tell me I've been too hard on the Cubs this year. I don't think I have. They let go of Casey McGehee for $20k and he went to the Brewers and has been great. He has a higher batting average than Milton Bradley along with more home runs and RBIs. I haven't been hard on them. I've just been speaking the truth

That might not be word-for-word, but you get the idea. Looking at McGehee's minors stats (and his short term stats with the Cubs), he wasn't all that special. Pretty pedestrian batting stats. He has more HR's this year (in basically a half year of ABs) than he's ever in the minors. He's been really good for the Brewers. That is true. However, when I think of Casey McGehee, someone else comes to mind: Mike Fontenot.

It seems like these platoon players that do better in limited action (or have a good first year in the majors) get too much love in the world. See: Micah, Fontenotgoodathitting, McGehee. McGehee will possibly get a nod at a starting job next year, and probably turn into 2009 Fontenot

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #722 on: September 08, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 08, 2009, 03:13:39 PM

I assume that was on the Mully and Hanley segment he had this morning? I came in on part of it. However, I heard the best part later on. Driving on lunch, I had the Danny Mac show on and they replayed part of it. Stone said something along the lines of this (he even had his voice raised):

QuotePeople tell me I've been too hard on the Cubs this year. I don't think I have. They let go of Casey McGehee for $20k and he went to the Brewers and has been great. He has a higher batting average than Milton Bradley along with more home runs and RBIs. I haven't been hard on them. I've just been speaking the truth

That might not be word-for-word, but you get the idea. Looking at McGehee's minors stats (and his short term stats with the Cubs), he wasn't all that special. Pretty pedestrian batting stats. He has more HR's this year (in basically a half year of ABs) than he's ever in the minors. He's been really good for the Brewers. That is true. However, when I think of Casey McGehee, someone else comes to mind: Mike Fontenot.

It seems like these platoon players that do better in limited action (or have a good first year in the majors) get too much love in the world. See: Micah, Fontenotgoodathitting, McGehee. McGehee will possibly get a nod at a starting job next year, and probably turn into 2009 Fontenot

Oh yea. McGehee has almost a 2:1 K:BB ratio, kinda like Fontenot 2008. I can't say for sure what league average is, but I don't think that's all that good.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #723 on: September 08, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 08, 2009, 03:18:38 PM

Oh yea. McGehee has almost a 2:1 K:BB ratio. I can't say for sure what league average is, but I don't think that's all that good.

McGehee never even put up a .800 OPS in the minors. I expect 2010 McGehee to actually be worse than 2009 Fontenot. I also expect Steve Stone to continue to eat heaping plates of throbbing ratpenis in his radio appearances.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #724 on: September 08, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »

If only there were one Micah McFontemurton that could hit anybody and play at least one position other than first. Then we'd have something.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:52 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 08, 2009, 06:27:49 PM

If only there were one Micah McFontemurton that could hit anybody and play at least one position other than first. Then we'd have something.

JAY KVOCKS
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #726 on: September 11, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/article/2009-09-08/abreus-influence-evident-angels-offensive-success

Quote"Bobby has brought something different to this ballclub," center fielder Torii Hunter says. "I won't say it's all patience. I'll say it's more about hitting pitches that are in the strike zone. When you hit a pitch in the strike zone, you have a better chance of getting a hit than when it's out of the strike zone."

It's about damn time someone tells these fuckers to swing at shit in the strike zone. Where the fuck was Scioscia? Reliving the Dodger days?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #727 on: September 11, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 11, 2009, 10:15:00 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/article/2009-09-08/abreus-influence-evident-angels-offensive-success

Quote"Bobby has brought something different to this ballclub," center fielder Torii Hunter says. "I won't say it's all patience. I'll say it's more about hitting pitches that are in the strike zone. When you hit a pitch in the strike zone, you have a better chance of getting a hit than when it's out of the strike zone."

It's about damn time someone tells these fuckers to swing at shit in the strike zone. Where the fuck was Scioscia? Reliving the Dodger days?

Hey, did you hear about Dempster?  I hear he's going to the rotation.  Lieber is off to the 'pen.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #728 on: September 11, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 11, 2009, 11:02:51 AM

Hey, did you hear about Dempster?  I hear he's going to the rotation.  Lieber is off to the 'pen.

To be fair, that was posted at 10.15, so Yeti was probably at lunch already.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #729 on: September 11, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 11, 2009, 11:42:05 AM

To be fair, that was posted at 10.15, so Yeti was probably at lunch already.

Actually, I was feeding my face...

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »

Did you notice that the articles were published on different dates, by different publications, and even written by different authors?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 11, 2009, 11:50:43 AM

Did you notice that the articles were published on different dates, by different publications, and even written by different authors?

Did you notice that the thesis, diction, and oeuvre were basically the same?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 11, 2009, 12:12:32 PM

And yet, still different.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #733 on: September 11, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 11, 2009, 12:15:30 PM

Technically....

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 11, 2009, 12:17:24 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on September 11, 2009, 12:15:30 PM

Technically....

Technically, a sink and a toilet are both receptacles that provide means for wastewater to enter the sewage system. Yet one is a socially acceptable means for cat foaces disposal and the other is merely a sink.