News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,689 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
Quote from: BBM on November 12, 2009, 12:16:02 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 11, 2009, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 11, 2009, 05:33:33 PM
My sources say other things

Translation: "Milton's trade value is at an all-time low and I'm going to start the PR Express now on the "2009 was an aberration" track before I get killed for trading him for some shithead while at the same time eating 50% of his salary."

Translation: I'm not cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Unless I can do it to good public opinion.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2009, 08:13:58 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 11, 2009, 06:07:32 PM

Translation: "Milton's trade value is at an all-time low and I'm going to start the PR Express now on the "2009 was an aberration" track before I get killed for trading him for some shithead while at the same time eating 50% of his salary."

Alternate Translation: "I'm keeping him to make ChuckDickens and IrishYeti happy, but most importantly, I'm keeping him to piss of PenFoe."

It would kind of make me happy, too.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2009, 08:38:36 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 12, 2009, 08:13:58 AM

Alternate Translation: "I'm keeping him to make ChuckDickens and IrishYeti happy, but most importantly, I'm keeping him to piss of PenFoe."

I know Milton "has to" go.  But, Christ, I'd rather just keep him than trade him for Luis Castillo.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:47 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 12, 2009, 08:38:36 AM

I know Milton "has to" go.  But, Christ, I'd rather just keep him than trade him for Luis Castillo.

I see people are coming around

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 12, 2009, 09:30:47 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 12, 2009, 08:38:36 AM

I see people are coming around

No, I still hate him and desperately want him gone.  I just think Castillo is even more worthless than Pat Burrell.
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: November 20, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
"According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, the Cubs, Mets and Rangers have discussed a deal that would land Milton Bradley in Texas.
The Mets would send Luis Castillo to the Cubs and cash would be paid to the Rangers. We've heard similar rumors before and the amount of moving parts make it difficult to take too seriously. That said, it does make some sense.
Source: Phil Rogers on Twitter "

Christ. Why would we want Luis Castillo? I hate that I can't tell if Hendry is just dumping Milton for anyone, or if he truly thinks Luis Castillo is good.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 20, 2009, 10:22:44 AM
I can't tell if Hendry is just dumping Milton for anyone, or if he truly thinks Luis Castillo is good.

Why not both?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: November 20, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 20, 2009, 10:28:21 AM
I can't tell if Hendry is just dumping Milton for anyone, or if he truly thinks Luis Castillo is good.

Why not both?

Why not neither?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: November 20, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 20, 2009, 10:29:15 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 20, 2009, 10:28:21 AM

Why not both?

Why not neither?

Why would you take anything seriously when it's preceeded by the words "according to Phil Rogers"?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: December 04, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
Pardon me while I overindulge into this....

QuoteFox, who was an All-American catcher at Michigan but played third, first and the outfield for the Cubs last season, enjoyed his time in Chicago, even with the most controversial Cub and supposed team pariah, Milton Bradley.

"He was always really good to me," Fox said of Bradley. "He was a great guy to me. He's got a wonderful family, and he kind of took me under his wing. He was a really good teammate. A lot of the fans didn't like him, and I can understand that. Maybe he put on a different persona or something. But he's always really good to me."

Fuck you Dempster. Fuck everyone. Bam BITCHES.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: December 04, 2009, 04:55:54 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 04:25:34 PM

QuoteFox, who was an All-American catcher at Michigan but played third, first and the outfield for the Cubs last season, enjoyed his time in Chicago, even with the most controversial Cub and supposed team pariah, Milton Bradley.

"He was always really good to me," Fox said of Bradley. "He was a great guy to me. He's got a wonderful family, and he kind of took me under his wing. He was a really good teammate. A lot of the fans didn't like him, and I can understand that. Maybe he put on a different persona or something. But he's always really good to me."

This should be treated as being no more nor less important than what Urlacher had to say last weekend.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: December 04, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 04:55:54 PM

This should be treated as being no more nor less important than what Urlacher had to say last weekend.

Probably true, but I find myself fistpumping myself in the taint over this.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: December 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 05:04:07 PM

You're trying too hard with this statfag thing.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: December 04, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM

The Milton love isn't just stat-based.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: December 04, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM

The Milton love isn't just stat-based.

That's good, because that wouldn't make much sense.