News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,703 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #795 on: December 04, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2009, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 05:04:07 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
Pardon me while I overindulge into this....

QuoteFox, who was an All-American catcher at Michigan but played third, first and the outfield for the Cubs last season, enjoyed his time in Chicago, even with the most controversial Cub and supposed team pariah, Milton Bradley.

"He was always really good to me," Fox said of Bradley. "He was a great guy to me. He's got a wonderful family, and he kind of took me under his wing. He was a really good teammate. A lot of the fans didn't like him, and I can understand that. Maybe he put on a different persona or something. But he's always really good to me."

Fuck you Dempster. Fuck everyone. Bam BITCHES.

This should be treated as being no more nor less important than what Urlacher had to say last weekend.

Probably true, but I find myself fistpumping myself in the taint over this.

You're trying too hard with this statfag thing.

The Milton love isn't just stat-based.

That's good, because that wouldn't make much sense.

I still think he's a good player and any trade they make will make the team worse, but I know he's not like a JAY KVOX caliber of player.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: December 05, 2009, 09:50:22 AM »
I know that maybe I should read the article or something and just don't want to. But what does Dempster have to do with this?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: December 05, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2009, 09:50:22 AM
I know that maybe I should read the article or something and just don't want to. But what does Dempster have to do with this?

I suspect that's in reference to this one...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/09/dempster-on-bradley-look-in-the-mirror.html

There's a lesson here: stick to the formula.

"FYD"
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: December 06, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 05, 2009, 12:16:51 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2009, 09:50:22 AM

I suspect that's in reference to this one...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/09/dempster-on-bradley-look-in-the-mirror.html

There's a lesson here: stick to the formula.

"FYD"

I hadn't read that until just now. I kind of tuned out the Cubs from Mid-August on and for good reason. I'm very pleased to know that they all had such a great time without me. That they had the time of their lives. Fucking gutless cocksuckers. Why the hell do I root for these turds?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »
Has anyone heard anything from Bradley himself?  It is amazing that someone as meshugah as Bradley is could be hearing all of this universal condemnation (except from Jake Fox who thinks Miltie is a terrific teammate) and keep his mouth shut.  Maybe they don't let him send messages from the rubber room.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: December 18, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
CrazyRumorGuy.

"The Mariners have had perhaps the busiest offseason in baseball so far, but they're not about to slow down. Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that they're re-engaged in trade talks with the Cubs about outfielder Milton Bradley."

My guess. Felipe Lopez and Carlos Silva.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #801 on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 10:30:23 AM
CrazyRumorGuy.

"The Mariners have had perhaps the busiest offseason in baseball so far, but they're not about to slow down. Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that they're re-engaged in trade talks with the Cubs about outfielder Milton Bradley."

They're going to sign and trade Felipe López?  Get a brane, fatass.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »
CrazyRumorGuy.

Official protest page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259996069912&ref=nf

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: December 18, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 18, 2009, 10:38:26 AM
CrazyRumorGuy.

They're going to sign and trade Felipe López?  Get a brane, fatass.

Lopez was a joke. Silva probably isn't, unfortunately.

"According to SI.com's Jon Heyman, the Mariners have reemerged as a possible trade partner for the Cubs and Milton Bradley.
The M's are hoping to deal Carlos Silva and the $24 million remaining on his salary to the Cubs in exchange for Bradley and his $21 million tab. It'd be an impressive feat, though. Silva, 30, posted an 8.60 ERA and 1.70 WHIP in 30 innings this past season and a 6.46 ERA in 153 1/3 innings the year before. He's shown no signs of turning his career around and probably wouldn't fare much better in the tight confines of Wrigley Field.
Source: SI.com
Related: Carlos Silva, Mariners"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: December 18, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 10:46:19 AM
CrazyRumorGuy.

"According to SI.com's Jon Heyman, the Mariners have reemerged as a possible trade partner for the Cubs and Milton Bradley.
The M's are hoping to deal Carlos Silva and the $24 million remaining on his salary to the Cubs in exchange for Bradley and his $21 million tab. It'd be an impressive feat, though. Silva, 30, posted an 8.60 ERA and 1.70 WHIP in 30 innings this past season and a 6.46 ERA in 153 1/3 innings the year before. He's shown no signs of turning his career around and probably wouldn't fare much better in the tight confines of Wrigley Field.

I thought you meant Jose Lopez.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: December 18, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 18, 2009, 10:48:04 AM
CrazyRumorGuy.

I'm still drunk from last night. I meant Mario Lopez.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: December 18, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 10:50:24 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 18, 2009, 10:48:04 AM
CrazyRumorGuy.

I'm still drunk from last night. I meant Mario Lopez.

No deal unless they throw in Dustin Diamond.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: December 18, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
Via RotoWorld:

QuoteAccording to the Seattle Times' Larry Stone, the Cubs have agreed to trade Milton Bradley to the Mariners for right-hander Carlos Silva.

If this is true, and unless the Mariners give us a lot of money, Jim Hendry has officially found the worst possible trade he could have made for Milton.  Forcing Pat Burrell to split time in RF with Kosuke is a better option than this.  They're better off just releasing Bradley.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: December 18, 2009, 11:38:11 AM »
They're going to trade Silva to the White Sox for Juan Pierre!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: December 18, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 18, 2009, 11:35:42 AM
Via RotoWorld:

QuoteAccording to the Seattle Times' Larry Stone, the Cubs have agreed to trade Milton Bradley to the Mariners for right-hander Carlos Silva.

If this is true, and unless the Mariners give us a lot of money, Jim Hendry has officially found the worst possible trade he could have made for Milton.  Forcing Pat Burrell to split time in RF with Kosuke is a better option than this.  They're better off just releasing Bradley.

That's the worst move of Hendry's tenure.  Just awful.  I can't even believe it.